Current Police Officer Zachary Rolfe found not guilty of the murder of Kumanjayi Walker - NT

Remove this Banner Ad

If he'd only fired one shot and he or a fellow Police officer were stabbed and received serious injuries, I daresay the Police would have been extensively questioned and hung out to dry in relation to why they didn't shoot to eliminate the threat, as they're trained to do.

This case is full of politics and it makes me sick to my stomach.
Yep, there's nothing wrong with him firing 3 shots. Check out some videos on YouTube and you'll rarely see less than that fired with some instances of dozens being fired by multiple police. It's about stopping the threat immediately and sometimes just one shot won't do it.

High Court delays murder trial of NT police officer Zachary Rolfe

Hard hitting special on channel seven tonight.

Those responsible for having Rolfe charged and treated the way he was should be charged with disgraceful conduct causing public outrage.
Don’t think he had any other choice unfortunately. Split second decision. US expert also says that in his view it wasn’t murder .

Those responsible for having Rolfe charged and treated the way he was should be charged with disgraceful conduct causing public outrage.
Hopefully there will be some way he cam get compensation and the NT pollies and senior cops responsible for this politically driven witch hunt can be dealt with.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Going to be interesting to see if it comes out about a meeting between the Chief Minister, Police Minister & Chief of Police in between when Rolfe was cleared & then a few days later charged. Appears they have over-stepped their power, over-ruling the original process/outcome. Not great for natural justice... & not helped by Gunner's comments to the Aboriginal community that there would be consequences from the shooting.

You guys realise this is a different case to the one in WA that finished up a couple of days ago?

This is where I go back to the earlier point I was trying to make, that there might be an issue with command/training in how he ended up in this position.
He ended up in that position because the crim stabbed him in the shoulder. Now, how he came to be stabbed in the shoulder is the real question and I suspect it's because cops have to be stabbed or killed before they can take action to stop the offender, because all the do-gooders scream police brutality and death in custody otherwise. But now we see that even when they're stabbed they're in the wrong.

Unless the details as reported are incorrect I can't see how he won't get off. The case seems political to me.

He ended up in that position because the crim stabbed him in the shoulder. Now, how he came to be stabbed in the shoulder is the real question and I suspect it's because cops have to be stabbed or killed before they can take action to stop the offender, because all the do-gooders scream police brutality and death in custody otherwise. But now we see that even when they're stabbed they're in the wrong.

Unless the details as reported are incorrect I can't see how he won't get off. The case seems political to me.

Yes i understand that someone was shot because they stabbed a cop, I'm not arguing with this. Nor am I arguing it was a case of overkill, he shot as he was trained to do and I'm pretty sure he's going to get off.

How he came to be in the position of where he got stabbed in the first place, is my question. I also remember after a spate of police shootings in Victoria, the entire force had to be retrained.

Yes i understand that someone was shot because they stabbed a cop, I'm not arguing with this. Nor am I arguing it was a case of overkill, he shot as he was trained to do and I'm pretty sure he's going to get off.

How he came to be in the position of where he got stabbed in the first place, is my question. I also remember after a spate of police shootings in Victoria, the entire force had to be retrained.
It's pretty simple - they went there to arrest the guy and he grabbed some scissors and stabbed the cop. How else could it be handled, wait outside for a week before he cuffs himself and walks out of the house? Send in the TRG for what should have been a simple arrest?

1. The crim shouldn't have been a crim in the first place
2. He shouldn't have breached his bail
3. He should have answered the door and walked with the cops to their car
4. He should have accepted that he was being arrested and walked out of the house with the cops
5. He should have put his hands behind his back when told to do so
6. He shouldn't have lunged at the cop and stabbed him

Seems to me that if he'd made a different decision for any one of the above he'd be alive now. So how else could it have been handled?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty simple - they went there to arrest the guy and he grabbed some scissors and stabbed the cop. How else could it be handled, wait outside for a week before he cuffs himself and walks out of the house? Send in the TRG for what should have been a simple arrest?
That's what I meant by having little support. The location is so remote that police (and any workers really) probably need to be more or less self-sufficient.

Anyone been following the developments of the trial?

I had more than a chuckle about the Prosecution relying on the expert who claimed the closed scissors wouldn't have been able to inflict a fatal wound to Rolfe or his offsider. In a dynamic and frightening confrontation, there's absolutely no chance Rolfe would have thought and said, "Hold on, just wait. Let me take a close look to see if those scissors are closed before you fatally stab me."

Also, just because the scissors are closed is irrelevant. Scissors can be used as a weapon. Who's to say Walker wouldn't have opened the scissors and used them to inflict further and more serious injury to the responding Police? Regardless if the scissors are open, they are in Walker's possession and he had used them to stab Rolfe. It was clear and obvious his intention was to use them as a weapon, and a reasonable person would agree with that assessment.

Anyone been following the developments of the trial?

I had more than a chuckle about the Prosecution relying on the expert who claimed the closed scissors wouldn't have been able to inflict a fatal wound to Rolfe or his offsider. In a dynamic and frightening confrontation, there's absolutely no chance Rolfe would have thought and said, "Hold on, just wait. Let me take a close look to see if those scissors are closed before you fatally stab me."

Also, just because the scissors are closed is irrelevant. Scissors can be used as a weapon. Who's to say Walker wouldn't have opened the scissors and used them to inflict further and more serious injury to the responding Police? Regardless if the scissors are open, they are in Walker's possession and he had used them to stab Rolfe. It was clear and obvious his intention was to use them as a weapon, and a reasonable person would agree with that assessment.
Video footage is there for all to see. He pulls out the scissors as he’s about to be arrested and stabs a cop . Gets shot , is pinned to the ground and still refusing to release his grip on the scissors . I’m not sure how any expert could say those scissors couldn’t kill someone . They looked to be pretty sharp to me

Hard to see how this has gotten to trial given it isnt even contested that he was a violent armed felon who threatened police and injured one of them. Clearly a witch hunt to appease protestors and distract from the sad truth that he ultimately died because of his own violent behaviour and that the criminal element in the community drove away medical support earlier.
Rolfe found not guilty and agree 100% with all of the above.

Rolfe found not guilty and agree 100% with all of the above.
Great outcome, hope he sues and gets millions in compensation. Wont happen but there needs to be an independent inquiry into this politically motivated witch hunt to identify the politicians and police playing politics responsible.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How ironic.

I heard Walker was responsible for the break-ins, and that's how he got his hands on a pair of surgical scissors. So his actions of breaking into the local hospital and stealing the surgical scissors effectively resulted in his death.
It reminds me (somewhat weirdly!) of when Kramer burned down Susan's father's cabin by smoking the very same Cuban cigars Susan's father gave to George.

But for the murder charge, it's not over yet.

Constable Rolfe's defence barrister David Edwardson QC told the court his client only opposed the lifting of three orders:

• A local court's judgement in an earlier matter
  • Text messages sent by Constable Rolfe to friends in the army
  • "Tendency" evidence that was excluded from the trial
Mr Edwardson argued the material should not be released because it could prejudice an upcoming coronial inquest, a possible ICAC inquiry, and possible disciplinary action being taken against Constable Rolfe.

Looks like another rigged inquiry about to start to portray the violent criminal deceased as a victim. Strange the terms of reference aren't looking at the actions of the deceased and the weak juridical system that had let him out time and time again. The only court case should be to determine the damages owed to Rolfe by the govt for the politically motivated witch hunt and by the deceased estate for mental anguish caused by the family's actions and the deceased violent attack

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This Rolfe sounds like a full on racist piece of s**t with the disgusting racist language on his texts.
He has a long record of unwarranted assaults ,a lot covered up by his bosses.
He should have been done for murder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back