NTFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Division Two Seniors Top 10: Corey Bosworth (Fingal) 42, Matthew Lowe (Fingal) 42#, Jason Savage (Tamar Cats) 31, Hector Lenton (Uni-Mowbray) 26, Shaun Smith (Old Scotch) 26, Nathan Mills (Uni-Mowbray) 24, Paul Kelly (Perth) 22, Guy Smith (Perth) 21, George Crisp (Old Scotch) 20, Nathan Bosworth (Perth) 20

Congratulations to Corey Bosworth, a very good player in a very good team, a hard two way runner and he thoroughly deserved it.

Can someone please tell me how Tom Pedley from Old Scotch did not get in the top 10... It could be argued that he is in the top 3 players for the entire competition, played for his state this year in hte Under 21s and will probably be picked in the All Australian side, I cannot believe he didn't make the top 10.

Whoever does these votes need to watch the games a bit more closely I would say.

Congratulations to Corey Bosworth, a very good player in a very good team, a hard two way runner and he thoroughly deserved it.

Can someone please tell me how Tom Pedley from Old Scotch did not get in the top 10... It could be argued that he is in the top 3 players for the entire competition, played for his state this year in hte Under 21s and will probably be picked in the All Australian side, I cannot believe he didn't make the top 10.

Whoever does these votes need to watch the games a bit more closely I would say.

Agree 110%.
Pedley only polled 10 votes, a 5 against St Pats in Round 3 and a 5 against Evandale in Round 14. I certainly expected a minimum top 5 from him and so did many others.
And the Umpires do the votes...what should we say about them? How about a nicely worded..."No Comment"

An amazing oversight there. George Crisp, who I know very well had a good start to the year but was overseas for the last half of the season. It amazes me that he can poll more than Tom Pedley. This is why many believe a club B & F is a bigger individual prize.

An amazing oversight there. George Crisp, who I know very well had a good start to the year but was overseas for the last half of the season. It amazes me that he can poll more than Tom Pedley. This is why many believe a club B & F is a bigger individual prize.

And besides a bad night at the B&F, not caused by bad form or anything, Pedley's achievements this season are
  • Winner of Division 2 MVP Award
  • Runner Up in Old Scotch B&F
  • State Under 21 rep, where he was among the better players
  • 2009 Premiership Player
  • BOG in Grand Final
So overall, not a bad year really....

And besides a bad night at the B&F, not caused by bad form or anything, Pedley's achievements this season are
  • Winner of Division 2 MVP Award
  • Runner Up in Old Scotch B&F
  • State Under 21 rep, where he was among the better players
  • 2009 Premiership Player
  • BOG in Grand Final
So overall, not a bad year really....

Yep! haha

if tom pedley is so good why didnt he poll many votes. mabye its cos he always goes around hitting players. n if he is that good why isnt he playing statewide instead of Div 2

so what is the gossip around div.2 this year
shawn rossiter coaching evandale
bucky buchanan down at tamar, any other new coaching appointments or player movements ?
same coaches @ uni, st.pats, scotch,ol's ,perth ?
and a late bid for the prospect sharks to join the comp.but knocked back by the clubs.

Pedley isn't playing statewide because South Launceston couldn't accomodate for his work committments.

I don't know the lad, but Sth Launie, I'm sure, would accommodate any player's work situation providing they would add something to the club.... Let's get real (from an outsider looking in)

I don't know the lad, but Sth Launie, I'm sure, would accommodate any player's work situation providing they would add something to the club.... Let's get real (from an outsider looking in)

I believe he couldn't start training till atleast after 6.30pm, and South expect 3 nights a week which made it a bit difficult.

Rumours I've heard:
Brad Foggarty, Lenny Wyngaard and Rick Edmunds to Uni
Peter Goss (Ex Campbell Town captain played at Longford in recent years) to Old Scotch.
Aiden Clayton from Uni to OL's

Fingal losing a heap to the NEFU (money running out?)

My brother in law plays at Fingal, apparently Matt and Heath Lowe have gone to St Helens along with a few others im not sure of. I think St Helens have a bit of coin, must have a couple of crops somewhere down there haha Dont think the boys from the Fingal Valley will be as strong this year.

My brother in law plays at Fingal, apparently Matt and Heath Lowe have gone to St Helens along with a few others im not sure of. I think St Helens have a bit of coin, must have a couple of crops somewhere down there haha Dont think the boys from the Fingal Valley will be as strong this year.
David Brittain is moving back to St Helens and is considering leaving Fingal to play for St Helens again, they will also be after Daniel Cooke from Launceston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Brittain is moving back to St Helens and is considering leaving Fingal to play for St Helens again, they will also be after Daniel Cooke from Launceston.

Yeah heard fingal have offered young child 300 a game, would be worth it. kicks goals and runs hard, may take up the offer as he lives closer to the valley

I believe he couldn't start training till atleast after 6.30pm, and South expect 3 nights a week which made it a bit difficult.

Rumours I've heard:
Brad Foggarty, Lenny Wyngaard and Rick Edmunds to Uni
Peter Goss (Ex Campbell Town captain played at Longford in recent years) to Old Scotch.
Aiden Clayton from Uni to OL's

Fingal losing a heap to the NEFU (money running out?)

think you will find lenny wyngaard on the move from evandale also nick hammerstein,from all reports edo will be staying at evandale.
but all rumours at this stage.

think you will find lenny wyngaard on the move from evandale also nick hammerstein,from all reports edo will be staying at evandale.
but all rumours at this stage.

lenny been training at uni, missed one session i think.
Rohan Willis to bracknell will be a big lose

Uni to lose Nathan Mills as well.. word is he is back down south going to give statewide a crack... doug headland could be at mowbray? foggarty and wyngard nearly signed and sealed!!

mowbray will improve next season.. top 2!

one session..that wont last.
hope mowbray have the cheque book ready.

Haha yeah. To quote an Evandale "official" I spoke to recently about Wyngaard.....
"C@#$ didn't train, c@#$ didn't come to functions, c@#$ couldn't kick goals and we paid him $300 a game".

It's a shame the way Uni are doing things next season because they had a good bunch of blokes there last year. Cheque book will definitely be out.

Haha yeah. To quote an Evandale "official" I spoke to recently about Wyngaard.....
"C@#$ didn't train, c@#$ didn't come to functions, c@#$ couldn't kick goals and we paid him $300 a game".

It's a shame the way Uni are doing things next season because they had a good bunch of blokes there last year. Cheque book will definitely be out.

Oh god, it is all happening in the ntfa div 2...... Heard most of the scotch blokes are staying heard a whisper Adam Monson may head back to former club Scottsdale as they are struggling a bit at the moment... Heard he will be a paid player... He was a great player for old scotch will be missed

$300 agame? I wouldnt pay him a pie & coke. The bloke shops himself around nearly every club during pre season and goes to the highest bidder. Only person that rates him is himself. He couldnt even get a start in the seniors at north a few year ago. Got me damned why clubs would pay him that sort of $$.

The bloke shops himself around nearly every club during pre season and goes to the highest bidder.

He might have changed maybe? From what I know hes been at every training session bar 1, seems to be settling in at uni... that said, the same was said about another recruit at uni this time last year who wasnt spotted after xmas (except for in the nefu). I don't know the bloke but from all reports hes fitting in well...

$300 agame? I wouldnt pay him a pie & coke...

Got me damned why clubs would pay him that sort of $$.
Cheque book will definitely be out.

And Uni wont pay him half of that, theyve had their player budget cut for next season... that said the coaching staff are making all the payment and contract decisions for the first time in a while, at their own 'discretion'...

He might have changed maybe? From what I know hes been at every training session bar 1, seems to be settling in at uni... that said, the same was said about another recruit at uni this time last year who wasnt spotted after xmas (except for in the nefu). I don't know the bloke but from all reports hes fitting in well...

And Uni wont pay him half of that, theyve had their player budget cut for next season... that said the coaching staff are making all the payment and contract decisions for the first time in a while, at their own 'discretion'...

not one of evandales better investments. wont be missed.
hope uni-mowbrays new rooms have a nice size doorway for a inflated head !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back