NTFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kidding myself...
I watched them lose to Lilydale in round 1 and they should have lost by more.
As for Tall Poppy syndrome , I think that any club whether Scotchies, Prospect, Lilydale or any other team needs to have a good hard look at themselves if they are that cocky this early in the season ( Read post about winning margin above.) remembering that Scotchies are 2-1 so far this year.
I also have watched South-Prospect play and agree that they are in for a long season, but we the footy public should be encouraging them, not having polls about how much we can beat them by - Wouldn't you agree???

Yes I agree the poll was a bit too much and I suppose we can only wait and see how they will all go throughout the year, However I suppose winning the last 2 flags and the last one without letting the other team score, they have walked the walk so to speak.

2011 is another whole other game though.

Putting this issue to bed, the comp looks to be in great shape, with 6 teams I would say really in the mix in Evandale, Fingal, Lilydale, Scotch, Uni and Perth while Tamar, OL's and Prospect will battle out for wooden spoon honours. The 1 team out of those 6 that miss out on the finals will be bitterly disappointed but it could be any one of them.

Kidding myself...
I watched them lose to Lilydale in round 1 and they should have lost by more.
As for Tall Poppy syndrome , I think that any club whether Scotchies, Prospect, Lilydale or any other team needs to have a good hard look at themselves if they are that cocky this early in the season ( Read post about winning margin above.) remembering that Scotchies are 2-1 so far this year.
I also have watched South-Prospect play and agree that they are in for a long season, but we the footy public should be encouraging them, not having polls about how much we can beat them by - Wouldn't you agree???

talk about turning a mole hill into a mountain, you should be working with the examiner with the amount of miles you've generated from that poll. give it a break

if all other teams dont beat sth prospect by over 100 points theyve got to hav a look at themselves, seriously.

Thomas from Edale looks to have put his stamp on the goalkicking award.
will be interesting to see how he goes against better defenders in the coming weeks

talk about turning a mole hill into a mountain, you should be working with the examiner with the amount of miles you've generated from that poll. give it a break

if all other teams dont beat sth prospect by over 100 points theyve got to hav a look at themselves, seriously.

Thomas from Edale looks to have put his stamp on the goalkicking award.
will be interesting to see how he goes against better defenders in the coming weeks
Roy Thomas does look an early favourite for the Goal Kickers award but the next month will be a true test of where Evandale and Roy are at as they play Lilydale, Scotch and Uni Mowbray which will start to show which teams are the real deal.
Looking over the first 4 rounds, you could toss a coin about top 5 as the top 7 are capable of playing finals, and the bottom 3 are pretty well set.
With Lilydale in the league and some strong recruiting from other teams, it looks like it will be a good year for the NTFA as there are no certantys this season.

Also watched St.Pats play Lilydale on Sat Night and they had a great turnout in crowd numbers, who watched a good game in the end.
Lilydale should have won by 8-10 goals but their third quarter was poor and let St.Pats back into the contest which of course they won after the siren.....

Uni may be a favourite with the pick up of Zane Littlejohn and Lenton back in the side with Perth and scotch there abouts

Interesting to see how many games littlejohn plays seeing he is coaching north l'ton colts. Hector will strengthen them up alot. I hear Ted davis has done the dirty on Bracknell and gone back to the valley to play. Word is has was having a sook because they wouldn't play him where he wanted?

I saw Fingal got over Perth last weekend by 1 point, would have been a cracker of a game to watch. Old Scotch back on top of the ladder but playing Fingal this weekend in what should be a pretty interesting game, you would think that Fingal have something to prove after the granny last year.

Really is shaping as a pretty even comp this year with the top 6 teams all beating someone else in the top 6 at some point this year. A good team is going to miss out on finals footy.

ntfa div two team of the decade set to be released, any thoughts of who might be in it?
Who selects the team? It would be interesting to know whether they take it on the players quality or the quality of football in the Div 2. What I mean is that some very good players have played in the Div 2, but most of their footy was at a higher level, I am presuming it would be quality of football in the division, otherwise blokes like Nathan Howard and Kim Curtis would be automatic selections!

You would have to think Tom Pedley(Old Scotch) would be a shoe in, Jason Savage (Tamar), Hector Lenton (Uni), Robert Rigney (Old Scotch) would be some other names I would toss about.

Who selects the team? It would be interesting to know whether they take it on the players quality or the quality of football in the Div 2. What I mean is that some very good players have played in the Div 2, but most of their footy was at a higher level, I am presuming it would be quality of football in the division, otherwise blokes like Nathan Howard and Kim Curtis would be automatic selections!

You would have to think Tom Pedley(Old Scotch) would be a shoe in, Jason Savage (Tamar), Hector Lenton (Uni), Robert Rigney (Old Scotch) would be some other names I would toss about.

I've always thought that Tim Talbot from Uni-Mowbray was a great player. Great bloke off the ground aswell.

Seven teams and five spots in the Finals, Scotch and Perth guaranteed spots so who misses out and who could be the surprise from the pack. Lilydale may surprise on the bigger grounds if the can make the finals but i may be wrong.

Seven teams and five spots in the Finals, Scotch and Perth guaranteed spots so who misses out and who could be the surprise from the pack. Lilydale may surprise on the bigger grounds if the can make the finals but i may be wrong.

lilydale pretty tough to beat at home so it seems will be interesting this week between st pats and the valley at st pats i reckon

I think Lilydale may be the team to sneak in after watching all other teams this year. They look a competetive unit and are a great addition to Div 2. Old Scotch certantly would be favourites but several teams have pushed them this year and would be a top result for everyone if the granny wasn't so 1 sided this year.... Perth seem ok but I have only seen they play on smaller grounds and whilst they play them well, a bigger ground may undo them. Uni look dangerous as come finals time they won't have anyone missing like they have had over the past few weeks with holidays etc and Fingal are well Fingal - Dangerous if given a sniff like last years finals...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Lilydale may be the team to sneak in after watching all other teams this year. They look a competetive unit and are a great addition to Div 2. Old Scotch certantly would be favourites but several teams have pushed them this year and would be a top result for everyone if the granny wasn't so 1 sided this year.... Perth seem ok but I have only seen they play on smaller grounds and whilst they play them well, a bigger ground may undo them. Uni look dangerous as come finals time they won't have anyone missing like they have had over the past few weeks with holidays etc and Fingal are well Fingal - Dangerous if given a sniff like last years finals...

Lilydale are stiff to have missed out, but what a great finals series it should be.

Old Scotch go in with the weeks rest but having lost their last roster game to Fingal, which saw them secure 3rd spot and will play Perth in the first week of finals. Uni Mowbray (4th) take on St Pats (5th) in an elimination final with the loser packing their bags for 2011.

I reckon Fingal and Uni to win.

Should be a bit closer final series than last year with Scotch's injuries a bit of a concern, at full strength they would have anyone's measure but injuries have definately brought them back to the field as we saw last week.

Where are the finals being held does anyone know?

Uni take the prize, didnt pick it but did peak at the correct time which is what matters, congrats Eagles

anyone heard any NTFA rumors for next season,preferably div 2? heard a few clubs (Evandale in particular) have already started recruiting well..

Wayne Kirby Coaching South-Prospect! hope he does well there as he has a big job in front of him!

Who is coaching who next year???

Wowy

Is this true..?

The south prospect hawks will definetly improve if this is actually true.

I look forward to following them closely this season.

lets hope the big man employs some one different to take the fitness drills because by the look of Wayne he would not know the first thing about fitness training.

Good luck to all teams and wayne

Does anyone have the results from the comp best and fairest count from last week? Would be interested to see the div1 and 2 results

big news in the div 2 with heath fox and zane littlejohn sighning up with ols this week helping jarrah out with the coaching duties

big news in the div 2 with heath fox and zane littlejohn sighning up with ols this week helping jarrah out with the coaching duties

Going to be tough when he is coaching the Northern Bombers in the TSL. I really dont know where you got this from as Zane was appointed a number of weeks ago!

Heard that Tucker and Tatchel from Scotch have gone to Evandale on a fair bit of coin, apparently they are throwing it around down there. Both local boys now and didn't want to travel all the way into the big smoke.

No wonder evandale letter dropping whole municipality looking for members/funds.Grima/1000/game,Tucker/500,Tatchell/450+dicky knee.
Will they find a super rich sponsor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back