NTFL 2017/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the delay in posting the results here, have been working offsite and no access to a computer! Pretty intense weekend of footy. I watched the Tahs / Palmy game and was jumping up and down in my site. Proud of the way the boys held on, should have definitely won the game, but seeing the tahs form from the past few weeks, im not too let down. Ugle gave away a few crucial frees and 50's that weren't needed, and it was a rather dodgy call at the end there where Palmy defender S.Smith was called throwing the ball after whacking a handball out (with the corresponding free kick resulting in the behind to tie the scores).
Not sure whats happening with the Wanderers though. Have been copping a few hidings of late!

was a few dodgey calls all night as ive often said you cant have a top class comp and then have second class umpires, I don't blame the umps they love the game and are doing their best the blame is with the league who just sit on their hands, wanderers have a few injuries but so do most teams they are a confidence side and at the moment they are lacking some, also heard the coach is not very inspiring. Ex Nightcliff ruckman from last year Seb Gilhouse (sic) has apparently crossed over to districts which will get the tigers tails in a twist but with him and Jamar changing in the ruck should give crocs small men an armchair ride.

was a few dodgey calls all night as ive often said you cant have a top class comp and then have second class umpires, I don't blame the umps they love the game and are doing their best the blame is with the league who just sit on their hands, wanderers have a few injuries but so do most teams they are a confidence side and at the moment they are lacking some, also heard the coach is not very inspiring. Ex Nightcliff ruckman from last year Seb Gilhouse (sic) has apparently crossed over to districts which will get the tigers tails in a twist but with him and Jamar changing in the ruck should give crocs small men an armchair ride.

Just when you think districts couldn't get any better haha thats intense. they must be throwing a fair bit of coin around to some of these recruits. Do you know if Jamar lives in Darwin now or is just fly in/out?

Just when you think districts couldn't get any better haha thats intense. they must be throwing a fair bit of coin around to some of these recruits. Do you know if Jamar lives in Darwin now or is just fly in/out?
fly in, but he got reported and will miss this week and I think districts and nightcliff play so should be intresting

Terrible news about Buffaloes Tai Martin-Page. Apparantly was only a few days away from being announced as a Thunder signing too. Hope he pulls through and can be out on the park ASAP!

To anyone who missed it, Page collided with a Wanderers player about 3 minutes into the first quarter and has suffered a serious spinal injury. Play was halted for about 30-40 minutes whilst the ambulance entered the ground and took him away. Feel for the fella that collided with him too, wouldn't be a good feeling carrying that around

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/loca...h/news-story/8433a0526754be9100d81b7295029180

Made the trek to Darwin from Melbourne on the weekend with the main aim of watching the 4 games of footy on offer.
Tiwi V St Marys was a great spectacle full of skill and exciting footy.Tiwi ran away after 1/4 time Tungatalum was a standout for Tiwi.For Saints Clarke busted his ar$e and could of done with some help from his teammates who played like millionaires with minimal defence.
Eagles V Buffs was a different style with more contested footy and defensive structures than previous match.Was a terrible incident with the Buffs player going down however it was purely accidental and I only hope the fella fully recovers.Left mid 3rd 1/4 due to the long delay and spewing as I missed a good finish.
Sunday was completely different footy due to the 20mm of rain pregame however it was still another 2 great games.
Palmy V Nightcliff was bruising encounter with many tough physical contests.Scanlon was a clear stoundout more so in 1st 1/2 and hes a freak to be so dominant at his age.Game was set up for Palmy to come home and looked the case till the big fella lost his $hit and got sent off.Also at this same time no 2 and 7 where on the bench at same time and these fellas im sure needed a rest but I would of kept em out there as they where instrumental in getting near victory.
Districts V Tahs was also a ripping game from the get go with fierce contested footy.Brennan was very good as was Newton for Tahs.
Gotta say was very enjoyable with no idiots on or off field with good food also on offer.The old fella in crowd (cowboy hat loud voice)kept things amusing with his running comments and continued criticism of players and umpires.Overall a big well done to Darwin footy and im sure to get up again.

Terrible news about Buffaloes Tai Martin-Page. Apparantly was only a few days away from being announced as a Thunder signing too. Hope he pulls through and can be out on the park ASAP!

To anyone who missed it, Page collided with a Wanderers player about 3 minutes into the first quarter and has suffered a serious spinal injury. Play was halted for about 30-40 minutes whilst the ambulance entered the ground and took him away. Feel for the fella that collided with him too, wouldn't be a good feeling carrying that around

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/loca...h/news-story/8433a0526754be9100d81b7295029180
Awful and hope he’s alright, pretty sure he’s had the surgery so let’s hope for a speedy recovery........F$&k I hate Wanderers!

Yeah it was actually my first game as a central commentator for ABC in the Darwin-Wanderers game. Wouldn't say it was completely accidental, probably more careless from Mitch Taylor the Wanderers player and he fully deserved the report for the hit alone. Great work from the St Marys trainer who was one of the first on the scene and supported his head the full 30 minutes. From all account he's a terrific bloke, volunteers across all the grades and brings leftover food from his job as a baker.

Made the trek to Darwin from Melbourne on the weekend with the main aim of watching the 4 games of footy on offer.
Tiwi V St Marys was a great spectacle full of skill and exciting footy.Tiwi ran away after 1/4 time Tungatalum was a standout for Tiwi.For Saints Clarke busted his ar$e and could of done with some help from his teammates who played like millionaires with minimal defence.
Eagles V Buffs was a different style with more contested footy and defensive structures than previous match.Was a terrible incident with the Buffs player going down however it was purely accidental and I only hope the fella fully recovers.Left mid 3rd 1/4 due to the long delay and spewing as I missed a good finish.
Sunday was completely different footy due to the 20mm of rain pregame however it was still another 2 great games.
Palmy V Nightcliff was bruising encounter with many tough physical contests.Scanlon was a clear stoundout more so in 1st 1/2 and hes a freak to be so dominant at his age.Game was set up for Palmy to come home and looked the case till the big fella lost his $hit and got sent off.Also at this same time no 2 and 7 where on the bench at same time and these fellas im sure needed a rest but I would of kept em out there as they where instrumental in getting near victory.
Districts V Tahs was also a ripping game from the get go with fierce contested footy.Brennan was very good as was Newton for Tahs.
Gotta say was very enjoyable with no idiots on or off field with good food also on offer.The old fella in crowd (cowboy hat loud voice)kept things amusing with his running comments and continued criticism of players and umpires.Overall a big well done to Darwin footy and im sure to get up again.

I reckon a trip like that would be a footy lover's dream this time of year. Picked a good weekend to go along; they were all pretty good games. Palmy was a bit scrappy but you can't help that in that weather. Glad you enjoyed it though, is definitely good fun as long as you aren't melting in the heat (wasn't much better down south either this weekend i guess)!

Awful and hope he’s alright, pretty sure he’s had the surgery so let’s hope for a speedy recovery........F$&k I hate Wanderers!

Yeah it was actually my first game as a central commentator for ABC in the Darwin-Wanderers game. Wouldn't say it was completely accidental, probably more careless from Mitch Taylor the Wanderers player and he fully deserved the report for the hit alone. Great work from the St Marys trainer who was one of the first on the scene and supported his head the full 30 minutes. From all account he's a terrific bloke, volunteers across all the grades and brings leftover food from his job as a baker.

Pretty scary to see. But absolutely love the old Territory hospitality; everyone, regardless of club has gotten around him or the Buffs. Love seeing that. I read that AFLNT helped get his mum and brother over to Perth to be with him too, which is great. Just hope the big fella gets through it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Pierce Liddle has been offered two weeks for a misconduct charge. What’s the go, if he accepts it or is found guilty at the tribunal, is that all over for him or does he get more life lines?

I see Pierce Liddle has been offered two weeks for a misconduct charge. What’s the go, if he accepts it or is found guilty at the tribunal, is that all over for him or does he get more life lines?

Considering we had to whip out the lawyers etc. to save him last year, surely this has to be it. Can't downgrade a 2-3 week charge to nothing just because you're scared of ending his career. I love the way Pierce goes about his footy and always admired him when he was a Magpie, so don't want to see him de-registered. But there always comes a point where they've just had too many reports to let slip.

It's going to be interesting how they handle the Taylor report. I think knowing the impact of his hit on Martin-Page should be enough of a punishment for him, he'd be feeling pretty rattled. Heard a rumour he spent the night in hospital with a rib injury too after the hit.

How was the charges against Ugle too? I didn't see it, but apparently he went absolutely nuts at the umpires

15 Weeks for Ugle! That is crazy! What a hot head. 1 game off banned for life. Was originally offered 20 weeks too but they cut it back to give him a chance.
Taylor and Liddle had their hearings delayed. I wonder if that means that Liddle can't play this weekend whilst this sits around?

Liddle cant play until hearing is held. Was actually at the game when ugle lost the plot was disgusting and embarrassing and continued into car park afterwards which is a shame cause he was one of palmys best players but you just cant do that

Hey guys ,,, rumours down here in Brisbane are saying Cam Iijet is going to play for QAFL club , Wilston Grange !!!!
The other rumour is saying , no not correct, as he will be playing for the Thunder again,,,
Can you inform me on this issue

ROUND 13 RESULTS

upload_2018-1-15_7-53-57.png

upload_2018-1-15_7-54-14.png
upload_2018-1-15_7-54-26.png

upload_2018-1-15_7-54-43.png

upload_2018-1-17_13-10-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-17_13-9-50.png
    upload_2018-1-17_13-9-50.png
    14 KB · Views: 15
  • upload_2018-1-17_13-10-42.png
    upload_2018-1-17_13-10-42.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
tahs beat tigers in a thriller, this weeks round is a cracker tigers v districts tahs v saints eagles v tiwi and buffs v magpies, districts still the team to beat. interesting times coming up at the tribunal with liddle have to get rubbed out probably the dirtiest player in the league and has to go, is charged with grabbing an opponent by the hair/jumper behind play while he wasn't looking and spearing his head into the ground-on the same weekend a player suffered a broken neck , mitch taylors case will be difficult especially when the victim will never play football again though that's probably the last thing on his mind, im an ex eagle and there didn't seem a real lot in it, it definitely wasn't deliberate but if a player has his head down you have to be careful so it might be negligent the most important thing is the buff player recovers.

tahs beat tigers in a thriller, this weeks round is a cracker tigers v districts tahs v saints eagles v tiwi and buffs v magpies, districts still the team to beat. interesting times coming up at the tribunal with liddle have to get rubbed out probably the dirtiest player in the league and has to go, is charged with grabbing an opponent by the hair/jumper behind play while he wasn't looking and spearing his head into the ground-on the same weekend a player suffered a broken neck , mitch taylors case will be difficult especially when the victim will never play football again though that's probably the last thing on his mind, im an ex eagle and there didn't seem a real lot in it, it definitely wasn't deliberate but if a player has his head down you have to be careful so it might be negligent the most important thing is the buff player recovers.

Saw Coombes from Saints got reported 6 times for striking. Hopefully they handle the Taylor without letting too much emotion in. He'll still see weeks for it i reckon, but nothing too major. Has there been any update on the buffs player thus far?

Whats happening with the Liddle case? Didn't see it mentioned in the weekly tribunal sittings. Are they just taking their time and hoping everyone's memory becomes too fuzzy to be able to tell a legit story, thus letting him off?

Hey guys ,,, rumours down here in Brisbane are saying Cam Iijet is going to play for QAFL club , Wilston Grange !!!!
The other rumour is saying , no not correct, as he will be playing for the Thunder again,,,
Can you inform me on this issue

Hey mate just a heads up. Thunder just announced he'd re-signed with them. Seems he's enjoyed himself too much this year in the NTFL and decided he still wants a crack at the NEAFL

http://www.ntthunder.com.au/ilett-secret-hes-back/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back