NTFL 2017/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Coombes from Saints got reported 6 times for striking. Hopefully they handle the Taylor without letting too much emotion in. He'll still see weeks for it i reckon, but nothing too major. Has there been any update on the buffs player thus far?

Whats happening with the Liddle case? Didn't see it mentioned in the weekly tribunal sittings. Are they just taking their time and hoping everyone's memory becomes too fuzzy to be able to tell a legit story, thus letting him off?
I think coombes got done for kicking as well clubs have got to make players disciplined and get them off to cool down, I think the saints eagles rivalry boils over, the buffs playet is apparently sitting up but still no feeling and thats probably what liddle is doing but hopefully it just delays the inevitable and he is finished

Well i guess as long as he's still not playing it shouldn't be too bad. But yeah, pretty silly waiting that long. Maybe he's trying to hire a decent legal team from down south or something like that?

There's always been aggression problems in the NTFL though, even back in the junior days. Gee whiz my under 14s coach got in trouble for walking onto the field after Buffs beat us in an elimination final from a sketchy free kick shouting abuse at the umpire, and then he ended up decking the Buffs coach who got in his face. Countless times where guys on my team would slowly be getting angrier and angrier and end up blowing up. I think the umpires should have 5 minute forced interchange powers or something like that, where the player can be replaced no problems, but just needs to sit down for a breather. But you're right, it really falls into the laps of the club. They know the players, they know their cues. We had one guy who was renowned for being a big hitter when i was playing, and you could always tell when he was 1 or 2 bumps away from blowing up and smacking someone. Never once did any of the coaches ever do anything about it, they'd only say something after he'd done it and gotten yellow carded

Well i guess as long as he's still not playing it shouldn't be too bad. But yeah, pretty silly waiting that long. Maybe he's trying to hire a decent legal team from down south or something like that?

There's always been aggression problems in the NTFL though, even back in the junior days. Gee whiz my under 14s coach got in trouble for walking onto the field after Buffs beat us in an elimination final from a sketchy free kick shouting abuse at the umpire, and then he ended up decking the Buffs coach who got in his face. Countless times where guys on my team would slowly be getting angrier and angrier and end up blowing up. I think the umpires should have 5 minute forced interchange powers or something like that, where the player can be replaced no problems, but just needs to sit down for a breather. But you're right, it really falls into the laps of the club. They know the players, they know their cues. We had one guy who was renowned for being a big hitter when i was playing, and you could always tell when he was 1 or 2 bumps away from blowing up and smacking someone. Never once did any of the coaches ever do anything about it, they'd only say something after he'd done it and gotten yellow carded

I think the heat might have something to do with it as some players literally get a bit hot under the collar,mitchell got 3 weeks and coombes got 3 weeks for 6 reports which was interesting because I thought the match review committee laid charges so either he got off lightly or they are seeing things,as far as liddle is concerned if I hear another districts person rattle on about him being' hard at it' I will be physically sick,saw a game this year which was just full of late hits, cheap shots and going the man he just doesn't belong on a footy field and he or people like him can play the victim but real hard players get through games without being reported and their hands on the ball lots

I think the heat might have something to do with it as some players literally get a bit hot under the collar,mitchell got 3 weeks and coombes got 3 weeks for 6 reports which was interesting because I thought the match review committee laid charges so either he got off lightly or they are seeing things,as far as liddle is concerned if I hear another districts person rattle on about him being' hard at it' I will be physically sick,saw a game this year which was just full of late hits, cheap shots and going the man he just doesn't belong on a footy field and he or people like him can play the victim but real hard players get through games without being reported and their hands on the ball lots

Palmerston used the hard at it excuse every time he got reported and it generally made matters worse for him. "Change his game or else" and that sort of thing they'd come back with. Interesting that now he's at a club that has a better bank account, it becomes a valid argument in the eyes of the MRP. But oh well. Shame that Mitchell got 3 weeks, i don't think it was fully waranted. But people would have been calling for the NTFL's heads had they let him walk. Too delicate a matter, too serious an injury to let him off lightly (even if he didn't mean to do it). Wanderers statement about the matter was very classy. Didn't argue or anything and gave their best wishes to Tai

Palmerston used the hard at it excuse every time he got reported and it generally made matters worse for him. "Change his game or else" and that sort of thing they'd come back with. Interesting that now he's at a club that has a better bank account, it becomes a valid argument in the eyes of the MRP. But oh well. Shame that Mitchell got 3 weeks, i don't think it was fully waranted. But people would have been calling for the NTFL's heads had they let him walk. Too delicate a matter, too serious an injury to let him off lightly (even if he didn't mean to do it). Wanderers statement about the matter was very classy. Didn't argue or anything and gave their best wishes to Tai
yeah no winners here mitch probably wont be right to take the field physically or mentally for at least 3 weeks and I think lives down south anyway, I don't know if being found guilty has any bearing on legal action but it did seem more careless rather than deliberate I just hope the buffs player makes a recovery, if only he had turned his body at the last second but it is a very fine line

Funny how Nightcliff were the ones that were adamant they didn't want to play on TIO 2 and were "happy to settle for 2 points". 2 free points for them pretty much haha

Still don't understand why they just washed and cancelled the Nightcliff and Districts game. Smart by Tigers though, as they get a crucial 2 points which throws them 6 points clear of Buffs. Tiwi and Saints winning was a bit of a shock i'd have to say. Palmerston was expected though. Something really needs to give at Palmy. Perry is a great coach and whatever change we see, I hope he leads it. Has blooded a lot of youth which is great, but we're going to have no chance of being an exciting prospect for interstate recruits. And, the bigger clubs just come and swoop our youth as soon as they start making their name. Going to be a tough few years at Palmy, even if we avoid going bankrupt

Still don't understand why they just washed and cancelled the Nightcliff and Districts game. Smart by Tigers though, as they get a crucial 2 points which throws them 6 points clear of Buffs. Tiwi and Saints winning was a bit of a shock i'd have to say. Palmerston was expected though. Something really needs to give at Palmy. Perry is a great coach and whatever change we see, I hope he leads it. Has blooded a lot of youth which is great, but we're going to have no chance of being an exciting prospect for interstate recruits. And, the bigger clubs just come and swoop our youth as soon as they start making their name. Going to be a tough few years at Palmy, even if we avoid going bankrupt
I think a couple of light towers got hit by lightning and were out of action,which now means palmy,tahs,eagles,tiwi,tigers and crocs have all had a draw which will be interesting to see at the end of the season how that affects buffs and saints position on the ladder the tiwi boys are on fire at the moment and saints are finding some finals form. Palmerston is an interesting one and has been for a long time it is the 3rd biggest town in the NT have all the defence force boys out that way but just don't make an impact Perry is a top bloke and top coach but you wonder if he is getting the support he needs out there, is a little unlucky any other year they probably would have won twice as many games as they have with the side they have but the other teams are awesome this season and I agree a lot of young players are poached and a few just lose interest which is frustrating.

I think a couple of light towers got hit by lightning and were out of action,which now means palmy,tahs,eagles,tiwi,tigers and crocs have all had a draw which will be interesting to see at the end of the season how that affects buffs and saints position on the ladder the tiwi boys are on fire at the moment and saints are finding some finals form. Palmerston is an interesting one and has been for a long time it is the 3rd biggest town in the NT have all the defence force boys out that way but just don't make an impact Perry is a top bloke and top coach but you wonder if he is getting the support he needs out there, is a little unlucky any other year they probably would have won twice as many games as they have with the side they have but the other teams are awesome this season and I agree a lot of young players are poached and a few just lose interest which is frustrating.

From all of my time at Palmerston, i think i only ever saw about 1 or 2 defence guys play. I think a lot of them have restrictions about joining sports leagues due to potential for injury, injuring others etc. In all honesty, we always struggled for numbers. Played many games in juniors, and especially in seniors (Div 1 and 2) where we were backing it up and playing 2 games a day. Had a game against Banks where we took the field with 12 players, and they had 24. Kept the normal 18 on the field too, so they belted us 260-0. A lot of them moved to Districts once they hit seniors, because they wanted to win games. Back then Russell Jeffery was in charge and he had his favourites, was almost impossible to break into the A's unless you were destroying Div 1, so most just gave up. Dean Rioli started blooding the youth and that was going great, but then the NTFL started the Buffaloes Palmy invasion thinking there was thousands of people in Palmerston desperate to play footy. The Buffs came along and obviously realised Palmerston wasn't an untapped resource, and had to resort to poaching blokes like Callan Wilson, Dylan Gordon, Zac Stephenson even. Lovett left us for Wanderers, Jetta to Districts. Cloke only rocks up when he wants to go fishing.
I really don't think Tavis is getting much support at all and it really sucks. I think the Uni is charging palmy an arm and a leg to operate at Northline, and there's just no funds to support the club. We need to look into setting up a "sports club", like Saints, Tahs and Tigers have for revenue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From all of my time at Palmerston, i think i only ever saw about 1 or 2 defence guys play. I think a lot of them have restrictions about joining sports leagues due to potential for injury, injuring others etc. In all honesty, we always struggled for numbers. Played many games in juniors, and especially in seniors (Div 1 and 2) where we were backing it up and playing 2 games a day. Had a game against Banks where we took the field with 12 players, and they had 24. Kept the normal 18 on the field too, so they belted us 260-0. A lot of them moved to Districts once they hit seniors, because they wanted to win games. Back then Russell Jeffery was in charge and he had his favourites, was almost impossible to break into the A's unless you were destroying Div 1, so most just gave up. Dean Rioli started blooding the youth and that was going great, but then the NTFL started the Buffaloes Palmy invasion thinking there was thousands of people in Palmerston desperate to play footy. The Buffs came along and obviously realised Palmerston wasn't an untapped resource, and had to resort to poaching blokes like Callan Wilson, Dylan Gordon, Zac Stephenson even. Lovett left us for Wanderers, Jetta to Districts. Cloke only rocks up when he wants to go fishing.
I really don't think Tavis is getting much support at all and it really sucks. I think the Uni is charging palmy an arm and a leg to operate at Northline, and there's just no funds to support the club. We need to look into setting up a "sports club", like Saints, Tahs and Tigers have for revenue

bit of a wet long weekend up here, saints found a way to win beating buffs by a kick tahs ended eagles season and crocs beat palmy by over a 100 points with magpies only kicking one goal for the game,when a side full of talent like districts every player busts his guts to play well every game cause if you have a quiet one there are a few people breathing down your neck after your spot in the team. tigers v tiwi will be an interesting game today

What an appalling weekend by Palmerston :( 1.1 for the game, nothing after the first quarter. Tavis Perry even threw on the boots to play. Not in a good place at all!

Was surprised with the Tiwi/Nightcliff result. Pretty much rules Wanderers out of finals contention too

huuuuge weekend of football this weekend with only 3 more games left and only districts assured of playing finals though tigers and saints are pretty safe, very even round with form team tiwi playing districts but I think tiwis winning run will come to an end, tigers and saints will be very close with both sides desperate have heard buffs and tahs are both loading up this weekend for their big game and wouldn't be surprised if magpies 'playing' coach tav perry gets a few fly ins up as well to try and get a win over eagles before season ends,very very wet here hopefully will dry out by weekend

liddle went up again last night and you will never guess what happened: it has been delayed, apparently the tribunal needs time to consider the evidence- in other words time to grow some balls.

liddle went up again last night and you will never guess what happened: it has been delayed, apparently the tribunal needs time to consider the evidence- in other words time to grow some balls.

Liddle got delayed, that Saints fella got off because of "lack of evidence" even though there's about 10 players on the field, and youtube footage. Yet that guy from Tiwi got 2 weeks for pushing someone who was holding him. Absolutely crazy. The tribunal are a joke

Liddle got delayed, that Saints fella got off because of "lack of evidence" even though there's about 10 players on the field, and youtube footage. Yet that guy from Tiwi got 2 weeks for pushing someone who was holding him. Absolutely crazy. The tribunal are a joke
always been the perception saints are a protected species at tribunal and for the tiwi guy to get two weeks for that and seeing some blatant punches only getting two weeks is very odd and with liddle: just end it, rub him out and worry about blokes that go out there to play football and get on with finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back