NTFL 2017/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Cameron Ilett for winning his second Nichols Medal tonight with 20 votes, beating out Darwin's Darren Shillabeer (16 votes) and Districts' Sam Smith (13 votes).

Who would have called a Buffs and Districts grand final, and a Nightcliff version Cameron Illett winning the Nichols Medal. What a random year for footy! Going to be a cracker this weekend, thats for sure.

yes will be a cracker, buffs have been underdogs but have the belief and their player who broke his neck will be flying up so motivation wont be a problem, districts have a huge monkey on their back regarding going missing in finals but with the talent they have they only need a few of their stars to have a day out and they can win it off their own bat, my head says crocs but im picking buffs

Palmy won a few junior flags on the weekend, and had a few players get awards at the medal presentation on the weekend, so the future looks bright at least :)

upload_2018-3-14_6-59-45.png

How was this for a thriller in the Under 12's. went to golden point apparantly. wouldn't that be every kids dream (if you win that is)

Just to show some love to the whole league as well, Saturday's schedule of remaining grand finals is:

TIO 2

10.00AM Under 14s Lew Fatt

upload_2018-3-14_7-1-38.png

11.45AM Under 14's Gunderson
upload_2018-3-14_7-2-46.png

1.30PM Under 16's Leverence

upload_2018-3-14_7-3-39.png

TIO Stadium

10.30AM Under 16's Hickman
upload_2018-3-14_7-5-53.png

12.15PM Under 18's

upload_2018-3-14_7-6-28.png

2.15PM Division 2

upload_2018-3-14_7-6-53.png

4.30PM Division 1 (Feel like this match happens every year)

upload_2018-3-14_7-7-29.png

7.05PM The Big Dance > Premier League Grand Final
upload_2018-3-14_7-8-35.png

Gee whiz they better hope it doesn't bucket down with rain on Friday night / Saturday morning (isn't there a rumoured cyclone this weekend?) If so, the ground will be in terrible condition by the time Div 1/Prem League have a go. Could be a very scrappy game on Saturday night. Much like the flood they played in 2 weeks ago

Hoping the game even goes ahead, AFLNT may have ****ed themselves over with their cyclone policy.

Hoping the game even goes ahead, AFLNT may have ****** themselves over with their cyclone policy.

What’s the rule if a warning is called? Reschedule to Tuesday/next Saturday or hand it to whoever’s in front?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What’s the rule if a warning is called? Reschedule to Tuesday/next Saturday or hand it to whoever’s in front?

I believe the policy is that if the warning is called before half time, the game must be rescheduled. If it's after or during half time, the result stands. That's in the official policy, but hasn't been quoted by AFLNT, which makes me think they're gonna try and get around that. Wouldn't want to declare a result at half time where the other team's leading by a small margin.

Yes after half time team in front wins, before half time game rescheduled either Sunday or next Saturday probably, so the team that wins toss: Kick with the wind!!! worst case result games postponed or worse a muddy scrappy grand final

Barring any further postponements, all Grand Finals will be played on Sunday with the Premier League GF at 6pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im from Brisbane and follow the NTFL ... i see the tv station NITV , are showing the grand final live as per the tv guide ... is this the case

Not sure what's gonna happen with that one as the game has been postponed to the Sunday.

Im from Brisbane and follow the NTFL ... i see the tv station NITV , are showing the grand final live as per the tv guide ... is this the case

I’m in the same boat here in Adelaide. Finally had a chance to watch it live on telly instead of trying to stream on my crappy internet.

Going by this post here, I don’t think it will be live on NITV anymore. They’ll be showing a replay next week instead

IMG_0785.JPG

Was quite an interesting commute to work from Palmerston to Fannie Bay today, average about 60km/h on the highway with all of the trees and dirt on the road. A few massive, massive trees were down in Parap and getting around those were interesting. Few road closures about but fantastic job by all the emergency services in lieu of Cyclone Marcus.

There were a few people on Facebook prior to Marcus ranting on about how it’s just a bit of rain and wind etc. Seems like it hit a bit harder than many thought. Couple of mates had their cars wrecked in Nightcliff, my old neighbours in Durack took a palm tree through their lounge room, and my grandma in Fannie bay had live power lines in her garden. Hope you guys were all good!

Wonder how the postponements are going to affect the flyins? Season starts next week for a lot of leagues, wonder if their primary clubs will let them stay a week longer

What league starts next week?I know of none

That was a completely post by me i suppose. AFL starts next week, i guess i assumed country leagues around Australia would be starting or at least getting into their final pre-season matches where they'd want full availability.

Interesting post on facebook by Jackson regarding the grand final being on Wednesday. Surely the NTFL aren't that petty? There's kids (and adults) that have spent months busting their asses to make the grand finals, surely the NTFL would be honouring that and not looking for an easy way to cancel them :( Having said that though, rumours of a cyclone (maybe even cat 4) are floating about, and were floating about before that decision was made, so who knows! What do you guys think?

upload_2018-3-19_6-52-50.png

Wow.What a game.With many twists and turns it was anyones game up until the final seconds unlike many Grand finals I have wagched in the past.You tube broadcast was good quality and a good advert for Darwin footy.I know the Ntfl has had its detractors for many issues this season however it looks like the rule changes have evened up the top end teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back