NTFL 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Still a few months until the season starts but the coach and player movements have started/will start shortly.

Coaching changes so far:

St Mary's: Rick Nolan out, Brent Renouf in
Wanderers: Mo Motlop out, Peter Leonard in
Waratahs: Michael McLean out, Ryan Ayres in
Palmerston: Tavis Perry out, Alwyn Davey as sole coach
Tiwi: Brenton Toy re-signs
Southern Districts: Shannon Rusca remains
Nightcliff: Chris Baksh remains
Darwin: Matt Campbell remains

palmomagpie IKE TURNER thoughts on the upcoming season?

Going to be an interesting year i think! Will be a bit of same old same old for Palmy though. The kids we have are guns but we need to get some decent recruits in to strengthen up the side. The flag really could go to anyone though. I can't see Saints sitting around feeling sorry for themselves missing out. And if Cyril does end up leaving Hawthorn and going to Saints, that could make it really interesting for them. Will be interesting to see how the Buffs go this year too. I got a little bit of the 2016 Bulldogs feel about them last season, young kids riding the momentum (and emotional roller coaster of the dramatic year they had). Will they be able to back up their shock year or will they slip back down and let Wanderers/Saints/Nightcliff go for it?

Where do Wanderers improve though? I don't think they have enough talent coming through to return to their Dean Rioli/Andrew Hodges form.

Where do Wanderers improve though? I don't think they have enough talent coming through to return to their Dean Rioli/Andrew Hodges form.

Very true. Could be a bit of a struggle. But they always seem to find a way the Muk Muks. But i guess someone needs to join us at the depths of the league

yes wanderers could be at crossroads but should have enough talent not to slip back to the bad old days. heard districts and nightcliff spent a fortune last year and that trend will continue , st marys Will win the premiership no doubt about it they will be out to impress new coach and he will have heaps of contacts. Cyril rioli will definitely play the only thing they have to get around will be the points system.

My ladder prediction is (after the season, who knows with finals):

1. Southern Districts
2. St Mary's
3. Nightcliff
4. Waratahs
5. Buffaloes
-----------------
6. Tiwi Bombers
7. Wanderers
8. Palmerston

i think saints will finish top, they will be knocking back gun recruits who will want to play with Cyril, the only thing is they will be an inexperienced team with only two current players who have played more than 50 games and will have to get around the points system but they are mostly locals and their fly ins are on low points. Will Districts have a premiership hangover? Nightcliff will be throwing the kitchen sink at trying to win the premiership everyone says Boof Ewing is going to Tigers-everyone except for him. Buffalos and Tiwi are interesting they surprised everyone and got the best out of themselves: will they improve some more or relax? I think Wanderers might struggle and Tahs will miss Mago and Palmy are up against it, Palmo,Wanderers and Tahs all have appointed good clubmen hopefully everyone will get around them and make their job easier.

yes wanderers could be at crossroads but should have enough talent not to slip back to the bad old days. heard districts and nightcliff spent a fortune last year and that trend will continue , st marys Will win the premiership no doubt about it they will be out to impress new coach and he will have heaps of contacts. Cyril rioli will definitely play the only thing they have to get around will be the points system.

I think AFL players are only 2 points IIRC

My ladder prediction is (after the season, who knows with finals):

1. Southern Districts
2. St Mary's
3. Nightcliff
4. Waratahs
5. Buffaloes
-----------------
6. Tiwi Bombers
7. Wanderers
8. Palmerston

I doubt Waratahs will go forward, Ayres is still an inexperienced coach compared to Mago who did exceptionally well to get them to the brink of finals.

I reckon Districts, Saints and Nightcliff to battle for top 3, Wanderers, Tahs, Darwin and Tiwi to battle for 2 finals spots and Palmerston to go winless or close to it.

Hey all.
I'm pretty keen on experiencing ntfl footy. I am a Melbourne based rover / forward flanker
If anyone knows of clubs looking for a fly in player I'd be stoked to chat.
Thanks

Hey all.
I'm pretty keen on experiencing ntfl footy. I am a Melbourne based rover / forward flanker
Thanks

Hey mate, i'd say get around the facebook pages for the clubs. I know Palmerston are always looking for recruits, as most of them head to St Mary's / Nightcliff / Southern Districts where all the money and ex-AFL players are. I haven't really had much to do with the club for the past few years since moving interstate so not really sure who the best contacts are unfortunately

Hey all.
Thanks
would ring up a few clubs, I think districts and nightcliff might have filled their fly in quota but sure there would be some keen

Hey all.
Thanks

Try messaging the page NT Football with Jackson Clark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few good recruits started to pop up for this season, going to be interesting. Palmy has gone with the Milera boys, Muk Muks just signed Sam Gibson, Saints are chasing anyone and everyone. Going to be a pretty good season i reckon! Only a week away!

Friday, 5 October 2018
PMFC vs WAR - Asbuild (7:00pm)
Saturday, 6 October 2018
WAND vs TIWI - TIO (2:30pm)
SMFC vs NFC - TIO (5:00pm)
SDFC vs DBFC - TIO (7:30pm)

Few good recruits started to pop up for this season, going to be interesting. Palmy has gone with the Milera boys, Muk Muks just signed Sam Gibson, Saints are chasing anyone and everyone. Going to be a pretty good season i reckon! Only a week away!

Friday, 5 October 2018
Saturday, 6 October 2018
yes also palmys big ruckman dennis is relocating to Darwin-very big in he is a gun also they are supposed to have a connection with a Katherine team and are trying to tap into the talent there,heaps of big names being recruited but only 4 at a time can fly in, have heard as soon as any club sounds out a player nightcliff try and cut their lunch by offering $$$ will be an interesting first round especially with grand final replay and saints v tigers

Friday, 5 October 2018
Saturday, 6 October 2018

I think you mean Nightcliff are chasing anyone and everyone

Saints were talking to a gun out of the WAFL, Nightcliff caught wind and offered $800

The Club is a joke and have been trying to buy a Flag for 15 years

yes also palmys big ruckman dennis is relocating to Darwin-very big in he is a gun also they are supposed to have a connection with a Katherine team and are trying to tap into the talent there,heaps of big names being recruited but only 4 at a time can fly in, have heard as soon as any club sounds out a player nightcliff try and cut their lunch by offering $$$ will be an interesting first round especially with grand final replay and saints v tigers

Yeah mate Nightcliff are snakes in the grass

They pretty much poached Drogmuller from Wanderers halfway through last year. Didn't play many games therefore a 0 pointer this season.

Snakes

So with that said here is my ladder prediction for 2018/19

1st: Sth Districts - They will pretty much have the same lineup as last year and will be hard to beat. Rusca will go hard at recruits if they have a slow start

2nd: Darwin- Matty Campbell has a great list and I expect nothing but a GF appearance this season. Inclusion of Lindsay Thomas will do them wonders.

3rd: Nightcliff- $$$$ will fold once again during Finals.

4th: St Marys- Brent Renouf will address the list before Xmas and bring in some cattle of needed. He is a very smart operator so I can see them still making Finals and possibly having a good crack at it. If the recruits been rumored do come then they will be a force.

5th: Wanderers- The Eagles always find a way to scrap into Finals and I see it happening once again. Some decent recruits have been signed so if they play there strongest 22 most weeks they will be a contender.

6th-:palmerston- Would not be surprised if they play Finals before St Mary's and Wanderers. Need a FF and I think they will be playing Finals for the 1st time in years. Big Dennis is almost a certainty to win the Nichols. I hear Travis Cloke could make a few appearances with his brother Cam.

7th: Waratahs- Watching them last night made me think they will go backwards this season under Ayres. The big American Ruckman looks like a fish out of water in here and I can't see him lasting past Xmas.

8th: Tiwi- Started strong today but folded in the fitness category to a very undermanned Wanderers. Everyone knows Tiwi don't really do a Pre Season and it showed today. If they manage to get 4 talks for the key positions then maybe they scrap into Finals.

I think you mean Nightcliff are chasing anyone and everyone

Saints were talking to a gun out of the WAFL, Nightcliff caught wind and offered $800

The Club is a joke and have been trying to buy a Flag for 15 years

Was it Nightcliff that i read on facebook a month or so ago had pi**ed off all of their juniors and own developed players because they kept replacing them with flyins? Pretty crazy and very dodgy. Is there no salary cap/max pay in the NTFL? Nightcliff are very lucky they have their own sports club with pokies etc. pumping money into them

What a great opening weekend for the NTFL. So happy to see the Maggies get up. Hopefully we move on and up from here and really have a full on crack at it. I don't think i've seen anybody have any confidence in the club since the early 2000s so will be good if we can make something of it

Was it Nightcliff that i read on facebook a month or so ago had pi**ed off all of their juniors and own developed players because they kept replacing them with flyins? Pretty crazy and very dodgy. Is there no salary cap/max pay in the NTFL? Nightcliff are very lucky they have their own sports club with pokies etc. pumping money into them

What a great opening weekend for the NTFL. So happy to see the Maggies get up. Hopefully we move on and up from here and really have a full on crack at it. I don't think i've seen anybody have any confidence in the club since the early 2000s so will be good if we can make something of it

To Nightcliff's defense they do play Juniors during the season but I think it's because they have no choice. They would go over the points every week if they didn't play 3 or 4.

No salary cap in the NTFL so they have an open book. Would be Interesting if they were made to share the wages LOL

Cam Illett would be on 15-20k a season
Phill Wills 10k or more
Drogmuller 10k or more

Huge pockets at Nightcliff

Back to the footy, Palmy looked well drilled on Friday. Good to see them up and about

So with that said here is my ladder prediction for 2018/19

1st: Sth Districts - They will pretty much have the same lineup as last year and will be hard to beat. Rusca will go hard at recruits if they have a slow start

2nd: Darwin- Matty Campbell has a great list and I expect nothing but a GF appearance this season. Inclusion of Lindsay Thomas will do them wonders.

3rd: Nightcliff- $$$$ will fold once again during Finals.

4th: St Marys- Brent Renouf will address the list before Xmas and bring in some cattle of needed. He is a very smart operator so I can see them still making Finals and possibly having a good crack at it. If the recruits been rumored do come then they will be a force.

5th: Wanderers- The Eagles always find a way to scrap into Finals and I see it happening once again. Some decent recruits have been signed so if they play there strongest 22 most weeks they will be a contender.

6th-:palmerston- Would not be surprised if they play Finals before St Mary's and Wanderers. Need a FF and I think they will be playing Finals for the 1st time in years. Big Dennis is almost a certainty to win the Nichols. I hear Travis Cloke could make a few appearances with his brother Cam.

7th: Waratahs- Watching them last night made me think they will go backwards this season under Ayres. The big American Ruckman looks like a fish out of water in here and I can't see him lasting past Xmas.

8th: Tiwi- Started strong today but folded in the fitness category to a very undermanned Wanderers. Everyone knows Tiwi don't really do a Pre Season and it showed today. If they manage to get 4 talks for the key positions then maybe they scrap into Finals.
yes you can lock in the top four already in no particular order: buffs tigers districts and saints, there is some serious talent up here unfortunately nightcliffs $$$ has attracted more than their fair share and districts have pretty deep pockets and make it hard for other clubs to keep up

Nightcliff had such a superior side to Saints and were terrible, huge wraps on St Mary's for only losing by 10 points considering they were nearly playing a Div 1 side. Raph Clarke was BOG.

One of my highlights of the Palmerston game was the crowd noise. I watched the stream, and whoever was filming it decided that sitting next to the Palmy Army would be a good idea. The crap you heard throughout the whole stream was amazing, and probably quite embarrassing for the NTFL haha

Probably one of the first weekends since the TEAFA/NTFL Merger that Palmy has had it's Premier League, Div 1 and Div 2 side win in the same weekend. Hopefully a sign of good things to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back