NTFL 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather the money from the AFL and NT Government be put into the TAC Cup

Scrap the Seniors

4 blokes drafted from the Program over 13 years isn't good enough and clearly not working

Skinner
Thorne
Nyghuis
and those guys haven't/didn't set the world on fire, I think ive mentioned before the longs/riolis etc go down south for schooling or to a club where they get an eye kept on them which seems to keep them in good stead. kids involved with the thunder juniors proves to be a good programme as it shows them how to train and play a gives talent scouts an idea about who has what it takes and who has a football future, ideally thunder must be a feeder club for major leagues to take on these young blokes and possibly lead to AFL, if you are 16-18 playing in NEAFL and doing well then you must be a fair player

and those guys haven't/didn't set the world on fire, I think ive mentioned before the longs/riolis etc go down south for schooling or to a club where they get an eye kept on them which seems to keep them in good stead. kids involved with the thunder juniors proves to be a good programme as it shows them how to train and play a gives talent scouts an idea about who has what it takes and who has a football future, ideally thunder must be a feeder club for major leagues to take on these young blokes and possibly lead to AFL, if you are 16-18 playing in NEAFL and doing well then you must be a fair player

These kids need to be put through training 12 months of the year

Playing local footy, not doing any extras in the gym ain't getting you drafted

Kids are getting bigger and quicker down south

A Mid these days in the AFL is minimum 187cm/87kg which is what Thunder have been playing in the Ruck and Key positions

Scrap the Seniors and invest in the Juniors to get more drafted

well footy has fired up again with 7 (now 6) games left until finals districts and tigers flexed their muscles and tahs won probably an 8 point game against saints and palmy missed a chance to consolidate a top five spot, in saying that a game against tiwi is always hard even at the smaller tracey village oval,my eagles are bottom but with the amount of young blokes playing premier league at the moment it is a bit of a victory

Monday afternoon looking up results on aflnt sporting pulse most games have no info,either club officials don't put results in or AFLNT too slack or both-either way very average for a major league

well footy has fired up again with 7 (now 6) games left until finals districts and tigers flexed their muscles and tahs won probably an 8 point game against saints and palmy missed a chance to consolidate a top five spot, in saying that a game against tiwi is always hard even at the smaller tracey village oval,my eagles are bottom but with the amount of young blokes playing premier league at the moment it is a bit of a victory

You have to give Wanderers credit for blooding these kids. It will pay dividends in 2 years time mark my words

Crocs still favs for me to win the flag, they still seem to get the W even with no fly ins or recruits against weaker teams. Buffs on the other hand seem to lose when they have no fly ins.

My Final Ladder predictions:
Sth Districts 64
Nightcliff 60
Darwin 44
Waratahs 32
Tiwi Bombers 28

St Marys 24
Palmerston 24
Wanderers 12

Monday afternoon looking up results on aflnt sporting pulse most games have no info,either club officials don't put results in or AFLNT too slack or both-either way very average for a major league

You would think with the amount of staff at AFLNT one or two people could take charge of the website for scores and stats etc.

Piss poor

The PL Ladder is wrong also, i found the right one on https://www.flashscore.com.au/standings/MHRiQyQR/djtXtibl/#table;overall

We play our next 3 games at home, against Tahs, Buffs and Crocs. Won't win them but at least should be fairly competitive. Think you're right on the money there with that ladder prediction Islanda22

Great win by Palmy on the weekend

Would love to see them play Finals

Tiwi loom like they are full steam ahead. Might be a smokie for the Flag

I see Steven Miles the brother of Jono will play for Nightcliff this weekened. Has previouly played for SM, Pints, Tiwi and Wanderers LOL

2 massive upsets for Round 14

My smokie for the Flag taking the 4 points out at Freds Pass against the Crocs who are starting to look vulnerable

Wanderers with a team full of Div 1 players and U 18's pretty much ending the Saints season.

Palmy have a tough finish to the season

My predicted ladder 2.0

Nightcliff 60
Sth Districts 56
Darwin 46
Tiwi Bombers 32
Waratahs 28 - Percentage gets them in the Finals

Palmerston 28
St Marys 20
Wanderers 16

Palmerston v St Marys will decide the Maggies fate with Night, SM and Wanderers to finish

Tahs have a slightly easier draw with Wanderers, Tiwi, SD and Darwin to come

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still proud of Palmy being able to conjure up what they have so far, using pretty much the same squad that got us a few spoons. Nightcliff are now two games clear on the ladder and I still don't think there will be anyone backing them for the flag haha

all is not lost for Palmy, tigers districts and buffs are locked in for finals, tiwi tahs and maggies are equal on points with 4 games left, palmy do have a tough run home but play wanderers last game which could be interesting,tigers are well on top and couldn't go out in straight sets again....could they? I know a lot of people hope they do as they would have wasted a lot of money again.

all is not lost for Palmy, tigers districts and buffs are locked in for finals, tiwi tahs and maggies are equal on points with 4 games left, palmy do have a tough run home but play wanderers last game which could be interesting,tigers are well on top and couldn't go out in straight sets again....could they? I know a lot of people hope they do as they would have wasted a lot of money again.

I think if Nightcliff weren't the cashed up "Manchester city" of the NTFL, people would actually be sympathetic for them. I honestly wouldn't care who wins, as long as it's not Saints (they've won enough) or Nightcliff. Never liked the club as a junior having to play against their arrogant sides too haha Having said that, I know Palmerston never had a good reputation either

excactly usually if a side hasn't won a premiership for a long time they are sentimental favorites but when you steal other teams players and throw around heaps of cash people like to see you fall in a heap, tiwi are doing okay for a team that looked like finishing bottom at start of the year they are winning without too many fly ins and are playing well at the right time of the year but buffs districts and tigers with their best team on the paddock are pretty impressive

not only has it been an even season but there have been a lot of really close games, even though tiwi only beat tigers by a point it was on a smaller ground, not many fly ins and in the wet which was impressive, brenton toy has done a great job mathematically saints and magpies can make finals but looks like tiwi and tahs in the elimination final

not only has it been an even season but there have been a lot of really close games, even though tiwi only beat tigers by a point it was on a smaller ground, not many fly ins and in the wet which was impressive, brenton toy has done a great job mathematically saints and magpies can make finals but looks like tiwi and tahs in the elimination final

If we can play decent against Nightcliff and avoid a hiding, we have Saints and Eagles to end the year. Two possible wins. Tahs have Tiwi > Crocs > Buffs so would have play their butts off to make it. Certainly an interesting few weeks ahead. Just so glad we are showing so much improvement this year and aren't just copping spankings non stop

just wondering what blokes do who dont play thunder or travel from down south. e.g. those that are permanently in darwin. what do they do to play when the 'winter' season rolls around ?

just wondering what blokes do who dont play thunder or travel from down south. e.g. those that are permanently in darwin. what do they do to play when the 'winter' season rolls around ?

Like Ike said, mainly play other sports or relax. A lot of them get offers from Country Victorian teams to move down and play there etc. It's not a real professional league, a lot of the players are full time tradesmen etc. anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back