Wanderers vs St Mary's - download here

Last edited:

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
haha well Palmy would be the worst club to shop yourself to if you're chasing $$$. Not much of that floating around. All the gate-takings from Eddie's appearances (apparently crowds have been amazing) would just be going to balancing our finances. Not much to lure in any other players. Not surprised PINTS can afford him - they're another one with a club house/pokies

Well I have heard he has backtracked and gone back to Districts LOL

Will is renown for looking for the $$$, just take a look at the random places he has been a FIFO of in Vic

I see his brother Jono is playing Div 1, possibly because he is a 4 pointer and can't fit into the side

Palmy look to be struggling after a good start to the season, Betts hasn't been fantastic and again struggled in the conditions and the tight man on man tactics

Last edited:
ROUND 13
The season has finally returned after the Christmas break. Going to be an interesting next few weeks as Darwin really starts to live with community transmission of COVID and the impacts from that. The comp has gone by largely unfazed by COVID the past 2 years, perhaps even benefiting from it due to the influx of Vics / players who went up there just to get a kick during the lockdowns.

Tiwi and St Mary's was postponed as the Bombers players are stuck at home. The other games went by fairly unsurprisingly - Palmerston back to being mediocre, Nightcliff being Nightcliff and winning constantly, and Waratahs pumped to Buffs with a bunch of new recruits and U18 players backing up due to isolation impacts.

1641779253063.png

1641779378929.png

STATS

TBC

STREAMS

Waratahs vs Darwin
Nightcliff vs Districts

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah it's shame the FC hasn't really found it's identity on and off the field since basically RJ left

If you look at the coaches since RJ (Dean Rioli, Tyrell?, Tavis Perry, Flanagan?, Perrin, Daveys and more)

I would be a little concerned with the southerner recruitment approach because eventually it dies down and you are left with players who are just not up to the level. Juniors get the sh#ts and change clubs or just quit because of the influx.

Basically clubs who have access to the Pokies are the ones in the green and able to recruit with $$$

Wanderers have no $$$ but seem to get good recruits through connections and those who just wanna play in a relaxed environment

Really hope the FC hasn't thrown all there eggs in the one basket (2021-22 season) and struggle once again. I can tell you now that Eddie hasn't come cheap even though he isn't officially getting $$$ in his pocket. Quarantine, flights and rent would total nearly $30k for basically games until Xmas. He has to be in Geelong for his new role at the FC.
Yep it pretty hard these days you just need so many quality selfless people around a footy club these days, it takes a lot of time effort and money, unfortunately the two top sides (saints tigers) have a club with pokies behind them and money talks

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
Am actually stunned, I knew the league would sweep the St Mary's cheating under the carpet but it is actually breath taking how they have made it a non event: mind boggling

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Saints caught cheating again, league will do nothing again

Am actually stunned, I knew the league would sweep the St Mary's cheating under the carpet but it is actually breath taking how they have made it a non event: mind boggling

NTFL/AFLNT are a pathetic disgrace who don't have any balls

Saints knew what they were doing and therefore should lose more points and $$$$

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
NTFL/AFLNT are a pathetic disgrace who don't have any balls

Saints knew what they were doing and therefore should lose more points and $$$$
The no more violence round and police called to 2 of the 3 Premier league games, what a joke. AFLNT are so soft on crowd behaviour and player behaviour

ROUND 14

1644876387292.png

Round 14 Men's Premier League game stats

Waratah vs Palmerston Magpies - download here

Nightcliff vs St Mary's - download here

Southern Districts vs Darwin Buffaloes - here

ROUND 15

1644876436557.png

Round 15 Men's Premier League game stats

Waratah vs Wanderers - download here

St Mary's vs Southern Districts - download here

Palmerston Magpies vs Darwin Buffaloes - here

ROUND 16

1644876477159.png

Round 16 Men's Premier League game stats

Waratah vs St Mary's - download here

Nightcliff vs Palmerston Magpies - download here

Wanderers vs Darwin Buffaloes - here

Only one round to go now. Palmerston's season is all done and dusted - another wasted year.
The no more violence round and police called to 2 of the 3 Premier league games, what a joke. AFLNT are so soft on crowd behaviour and player behaviour

Heard some pretty crazy rumours about the going-ons at the Palmerston vs Wanderers game including the crowd needing to leave through the side gate due to a "scene" at the main gate. One of the players involveds' family are getting quite vocal on Jackson Clark's post about it on facebook too. I don't have any context or anything so can't really speculate but it's just another terrible act of violence that will smear Palmerston's name in the mud again. Wouldn't be surprised if the NTFL want to push us out to let PINT in next season. Thank god the Tiwi Bombers forfeited the season

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
Only one round to go now. Palmerston's season is all done and dusted - another wasted year.

Heard some pretty crazy rumours about the going-ons at the Palmerston vs Wanderers game including the crowd needing to leave through the side gate due to a "scene" at the main gate. One of the players involveds' family are getting quite vocal on Jackson Clark's post about it on facebook too. I don't have any context or anything so can't really speculate but it's just another terrible act of violence that will smear Palmerston's name in the mud again. Wouldn't be surprised if the NTFL want to push us out to let PINT in next season. Thank god the Tiwi Bombers forfeited the season
Exactly right magpie I heard it got out of control out there, palmy shoot itself in the foot with bad/undisciplined behaviour I watched replay of game and a couple of players lost it over a correct umpires decision and even if it was a wrong decision you move on and keep playing, the league really is weak they are scared to hand out any punishment resulting in people not coming to footy and the people I feel sorry for are umpires they have a very hard job and the league and the tribunal don't back them up whatsoever

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney

And you heard it here first: The league will be trying to relocate Buffs to Palmerston next season

Sorry for the month off - crazy happenings in personal life/COVID.

And you heard it here first: The league will be trying to relocate Buffs to Palmerston next season

Interesting. I know they tried a few years ago when I was playing - they instead came in, recruited a heap of our talented juniors, played a few home games at the stadium but Palmy had to foot the bill/cleanup. Wonder how it will work. We can't afford rent on Cazalys though, and couldn't imagine Buffs would be all too keen to share that oval plus a primary school oval with us and the Uni Rats

ROUND 18 - Final Round

1647397947459.png

1647397967273.png

AWARDS

Nicholls Medal: Eric Guthrie (Palmerston - YAY!!!!) and Daniel Bowles (Nightcliff)
Coach of the Year : Ryan Ayres (Waratahs)
Leading Goalkicker: Jackson Calder (58 - St Mary's)

Bit of an anti-climax me just updating this about 3 days before the GF, but oh well. Glad to see Nightcliff knocked off their perch. As much as I don't like Tahs, will be hoping for them to win instead of Saints. Always like seeing other clubs get a go in the GF and it should be a cracking game. Crazy how quick the season has flown by.

Back