Albion ✔
Sir Robert Peel ?
Victoria ✔

Need some help with some others;
In the middle of Errol st.
On the corner of Abbotsford & Canning
Opposite Vic. Market
Dryburgh just up from Arden. Big white joint

What are the crosses for? Question marks? I'm guessing ticks mean they are good? Maybe we hsould have a poll and peeps can rate them? I'd give the courthouse a 7 food ok atmos good

Ok;

Melrose
Royal
Turf club
Kensington
Metropolitan ?
Royal Park
Leveson
Courthouse
Three Crowns
Black Prince
North Star
Railway ?
Black Prince
Limerick
British
Albion
Sir Robert Peel ?
Victoria

Need some help with some others;
In the middle of Errol st.
On the corner of Abbotsford & Canning
Opposite Vic. Market
Dryburgh just up from Arden. Big white joint

Was the British the one with the paintings on the windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, Cnr Abbotsford and Canning was The Homebush, Dryburgh up from Arden was The Shakespeare, Middle of Errol was The Townhall

Good gets Mutts ! Thank you 👍

Lived in Nth. Melbourne for many years and reckon l had at least one beer in all of them.

Remember Bogarts and the Falcons Nest ?

Last edited:
When they closed at 6 or 10 p.m. ?

Royal was my local for many years.
After 10pm, for a token cover charge you would get a plate of party pies or dim sims, and the drinks kept flowing at normal prices, was actually barred from a few on your list too ha ha, there was also another pub (cannot remember name) cnr Peel and Queensbury where we used to go to put a bet on with the resident SP bookie

After 10pm, for a token cover charge you would get a plate of party pies or dim sims, and the drinks kept flowing at normal prices, was actually barred from a few on your list too ha ha, there was also another pub (cannot remember name) cnr Peel and Queensbury where we used to go to put a bet on with the resident SP bookie

Got kicked out of a couple as well.

That was the Sir Robert Peel. Was a big Foxtel / Sports viewing pub for a while. Decrepit and awaiting apartments now 😯

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite by chance, this came up in my Facebook feed tonight. Kensington Hotel 1983
3c49a7929e35b4c6e5a27b1fee263d51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Good gets Mutts ! Thank you 👍

Lived in Nth. Melbourne for many years and reckon l had at least one beer in all of them.

Remember Bogarts and the Falcons nest ?
There used to be one close to North Melbourne station. Get off the train, cross the road (on way to Arden St) and there it was. Had a lovely facade, which is still there as it was made into apartments about 6 years ago.

Stopped there a few times in the 90’s when on the way to September training and bought a couple of counteries and beers for me and my mate (who always puts me up at his joint).

I dunno if I loved it for the steaks or the fact that September in North Melbourne in the 90’s was magical.
Probably both!

There used to be one close to North Melbourne station. Get off the train, cross the road (on way to Arden St) and there it was. Had a lovely facade, which is still there as it was made into apartments about 6 years ago.

Stopped there a few times in the 90’s when on the way to September training and bought a couple of counteries and beers for me and my mate (who always puts me up at his joint).

I dunno if I loved it for the steaks or the fact that September in North Melbourne in the 90’s was magical.
Probably both!
That was the Railway, next one on the way to Arden St was Mulcahy's in Munster Terrace.

Probably both!
That’s the Railway, I think the front bar might remain but the majority is now apartments. Apparently Ned Kelly was housed there for a night at one point on his to or from prison ( I can’t recall the exact details of the story)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back