Game Day Nth Melbourne V Collingwood Round 4 Sat 20 Feb. 7.15pm

Just kicking back on a Saturday night, after a tough intra club game the day before.
Hopefully they were behaving themselves...
yeah, they seem to be. Just enjoying themselves. When I mention about us smashing north, Lynchy goes ""Good; Fck North." haha

What a strange season ...

... we’ve won all four of our games convincingly and sitting on percentage of 170ish ...

... and yet fair chance we’ll be only third on the ladder after this weekend ...

... and by contrast at the other end of the ladder Richmond have lost all four of their games and sitting on a miserable 57% and yet aren’t even last, or second last, or even third last.

Hey VP, I missed (No.2?) the North player going around with punches. If you are watching which one of our girls went down?

She was a real angry ant, every time she went past a player - punch.:D

Missed that M5. Not sure who it was.

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know what I’m about to say is politically incorrect and my wife will be horrified me saying this, however, our AFLW team move the ball and play like an AFL team.
I really look forward to their games each week.

... we’ve won all four of our games convincingly and sitting on percentage of 170ish ...

... and yet fair chance we’ll be only third on the ladder after this weekend ...

... and by contrast at the other end of the ladder Richmond have lost all four of their games and sitting on a miserable 57% and yet aren’t even last, or second last, or even third last.
We just need dogs to beat melbourne today and crows to beat brisbane to stay 2nd. Or if Melbourne wins, but only just will be alright, they wouldn't gain much percentage.

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
We just need dogs to beat melbourne today and crows to beat brisbane to stay 2nd. Or if Melbourne wins, but only just will be alright, they wouldn't gain much percentage.

We were already above Melbourne last week if I remember correctly. so a 2-3 goal Melbourne win should see us stay ahead. I think.

Adelaide winning would be huge for us.

I know what I’m about to say is politically incorrect and my wife will be horrified me saying this, however, our AFLW team move the ball and play like an AFL team.
I really look forward to their games each week.

I don’t think your statement is politically incorrect. In fact, the women’s game will inevitably be based on, or borrow the best from, the men’s game. The latter had a 150 year head start after all, and it’s why we all love the footy, women included.

What is happening now was predicted five years ago - that the AFLW teams, their support staff, the individual players, the game styles and strategies would all get better with time and exposure to professional environments, training facilities, and the girls coming through who’ve played footy all their lives.

I think the challenge for the AFLW is to differentiate itself from the men’s comp, in a positive way. You see it at AFLW games, with the supporters being a little different and more diverse, the community atmosphere, the young girls supporting their favourite players.

On the field, the best of the women’s footy is fast and skilful and brave. Can’t say you see a lot of speccies or girls who kick well over long distances. But that is more than made up for with the play.

Our girls are particularly well coached. They play to their strengths. It’s exciting to watch them, and Molloy or Sheridan can light up a game. They’d be appreciated in any game, men’s or women’s.

They’ve put together a good team across all lines. Getting a new coach and game style last season was definitely a defining moment for the pies and of course Bri Davey switching over from the old enemy. They look good and play a somewhat dangerous game plan that because of the skills doesn’t always come off but when it does it’s pretty good.

If there’s a better midfield group playing than ours then it must be in the men’s comp because ours is pretty damn good. As for Chloe Molloy, she’s a gun.

Shows what a Good Coach can do ;)

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Shows what a Good Coach can do ;)

Two quality coaches. It's amazing to think we landed Gowans from North last year. Imagine bringing in Hardwick as an assistant coach.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I thought we played some amazing football last night. Our midfield is hard to beat. Davey is such a powerful player who just finds space with her strength and lateral movement. Layton is a hard nut who is so clean below her knees and just knows where to be. Bonnici is also hard but her work ethic is so high. When you add Chiocci wide and O'Dea making the best oppo mids life a nightmare its a great balance. Teams just cant get on top if the whole unit.

Our intesnsity shook Norths mids and they didn't recover. Only Ashmore from them stood up across half back. I thought we could have blown them out by more. We would have if it weren't for Rowes lack of awareness and Membrey's misses. How good is it to see Membrey back. And to think we still have Brazill on the sidelines.

I think Rowe needs to sit out next week and bring Newman back. She isn't comfortable in her shoulder.

Chiocci had a jekyll and hyde game. Some terrible things but also involved in some good chains of ball movement.

Lin had another good game. Allen looks settled in defence. Butler is playing so well that Porter is playing less minutes. Porter was one of our best last year. Schleicher and Livingstone have developed so much since year one. Brown is great but needs to fix her decision making and skill execution, and will with experience.

With Molloy, Sheridan and Membrey we have plenty goals forward of the ball. Such an exciting team.

I think Rowe needs to sit out next week and bring Newman back. She isn't comfortable in her shoulder.

Her shoulder endured one hell of a fitness test last night...

I'd be surprised if she comes up next week.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Schleicher is killing it this season

To think we dont have Ash Brazil in either , who was without a doubt one of our top 4 or 5 players in last couple of seasons
Although Brazill would probably be in the team for Casey, with how well Livingstone, Schleicher, Butler and Allen are doing we'd have the luxury of trialling Brazill on the wing or up forward this year.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Outright second at the end of round 4.

Jen2310 are you on Instagram? Friend told me that Sharni has posted about how great the team is. If so, can you post please?

Speaking about Sharni, thought she did well last night. Had a family sitting behind me last night and every time she had the ball they cheered madly, was really funny.

Jen2310 are you on Instagram? Friend told me that Sharni has posted about how great the team is. If so, can you post please?

Speaking about Sharni, thought she did well last night. Had a family sitting behind me last night and every time she had the ball they cheered madly, was really funny.
Here we go.

keepswimming

Debutant
Jul 28, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I agree re Brazil wing or forward , quick and agile and marks above her head well. Would be a nightmare for defenders.
I like the mix down back and wouldnt want to see it change to much. Re schleicher just hitting her straps now after 4 years for god sake leave her there to develop and get confident.
Mayby a year or two we could have a great swing player. Shes still only 22. Midfeild is fantastic to watch throwing the handball around always someone overlapping. Keep it up piegirls

Here we go.

“Big call but legit best team I’ve. Been a part of...”

... gee, she’s not kidding about that being a big call. She’s a former Diamonds’ player, captain, Commonwealth Games gold medal winner, etc, etc.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I watched a bit of the Collingwood game.. and the 2nd half of the WB v Melb game.. and I don't understand what all the hype is about.. if I'm looking at quality.. the standard of play is below par to awful at times. The problem is a lack of penetration in the kick.. ordinary disposal by hand and foot particularly under pressure.. lack of pace in movement of the pill in transition and on the switch.. combine all 3 and you've got a game that resembles rugby union.

Possitives.. did see some quality contested marks.. endeavour.. pressure.. commitment.. courage.. off the charts.

Don't want to get all Brunswick St about it.. it's got a long way to go.

Back