NuggNation Thread - 2023 NBA Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Juancho and Beasley have been great. Probably our best from deep so far? Reckon one of them should start ahead of Craig but I suppose he's in due to defence

Arguably our biggest strength, 3 point shooting, has been one of our biggest downfalls so far. We're missing our 3rd/4th best player, potentially our best bench player and 6th man of the year candidate (if he were healthy) and our number 1 draft pick, who was touted as the best prospect in the draft before injury. And we're 8-1, only behind Golden State who we beat

Dig in boios

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Dq42Uw7VAAY4_Mj.jpg:large

I really like that

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Holy *

Jamal Murray: “I’ve been here for two years, and both years we’ve missed the playoffs by one game. Now we’re taking every game like it was the Minnesota game. ... Everybody has that feeling that if we lose one game now it’s going to come back to haunt us at the end of the year."

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Murray was on fire. Hopefully he really kicks on from here now he has proven to himself that he can have massive games.

Man his agility and lateral movement is just insane, he creates so much room for himself with his step-back.

I love that our team is full of, at the minimum, decent 3 point shooters. They are all decent to very good. We are the opposite of the Lakers in that regard.

We have such a different dynamic to other sides, with Joker being the main playmaker and having an electric combo guard at the point and a quality all-around player at SG. Looking forward to Barton coming back and adding another scoring option.

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Not super surprising, the offense hasn't been functioning the entire time.
Need to put one of Lyles or Juancho into the starting lineup, spacing just isn't there with Craig.

Millsap continues to be a black hole on offense. Thank the lord year 3 is a team option.

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
Can we officially give up on the experiment of Murray at the PG? Offence is so much better with Morris running it but not sure how he’ll go running the starting lineup. What do we do with IT once he eventually gets back?

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Can we officially give up on the experiment of Murray at the PG? Offence is so much better with Morris running it but not sure how he’ll go running the starting lineup. What do we do with IT once he eventually gets back?

I honestly agree with you, at least for the moment. Jamal is a 2 trying to play as a 1.

Morris and IT are both clearly superior playmakers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another loss. How much would a Kemba or Wall cost us?
Wall's contract is out of this world. I'm actually a fan of his but don't want the Nuggets going anywhere near him with that contract. Kemba is an absolute stud, would love him but the asking price would have to be quite high and is an UFA next year so comes with considerable risk.

Our offense just hasn't looked right for most of the season so far - I think it will eventually click (hopefully). Very lucky to have the record we do so far and need to make sure we don't allow it to go to waste.

The reality is though, almost all of our losses shouldn't have been unexpected apart from the Nets and possibly Grizzlies (who have actually been playing quite decent).

No need to drop our heads just yet..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back