NuggNation Thread - 2023 NBA Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Connelly worked his magic to bring in the soon to be cult hit Bol Bol. Can't believe we got him for a future second and some cash.

We are in a great position to let him get fully healthy and work in to a season/next season just like MPJ.

Damn we have a great young and talented core moving forward.

Last edited:

Summer league roster:

screen_shot_2019-06-28_at_3.07.39_pm_copy.jpg

Looking forward to seeing MPJ, Vanderbilt and Cancar. It's disappointing that we won't see Bol Bol though, I'm guessing we will take a cautious approach.

Last edited:
Who do at think will make our roster for the season?

Centers:
Jokic (C / PF)
Plumlee (C)

Forwards:
Millsap (PF) - provided we bring him back, which I hope we do
Vanderbilt (PF)
Barton (SF / SG / PG)
MPJ (SF)

Guards:
Murray (PG / SG)
Morris (PG)
Harris (SG)
Beasley (SG)
Craig (SG / SF)

I feel like these guys are certainties to make it, which would leave another four spots, ideally for another C, PF, SF and PG. I'm guessing Hernangomez will likely make the cut as another forward option.

Well we are bringing Millsap back, which I think is the right decision even if he's getting paid All-Star money.

The young group need that veteran experience and leadership, plus he is still capable of having very good games.

It would be nice to see us get involved in the FA madness, but no Kreonke owned team will ever throw money around (as a long suffering Arsenal fan I can confirm).

I'm backing Connelly and our young core in to continue to develop. Though I'm scared teams like Jazz and the Lakers will now leapfrog us.

Well we are bringing Millsap back, which I think is the right decision even if he's getting paid All-Star money.

The young group need that veteran experience and leadership, plus he is still capable of having very good games.

It would be nice to see us get involved in the FA madness, but no Kreonke owned team will ever throw money around (as a long suffering Arsenal fan I can confirm).

I'm backing Connelly and our young core in to continue to develop. Though I'm scared teams like Jazz and the Lakers will now leapfrog us.

Means we get the full 30m cap space next year instead of only 17m.

Also Jamal signs an extension 5yr/170m

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We traded in Jerami Grant, who is a good pickup.

I think this will mean we have seen the last of Lyles though.
Definitely the last of Lyles.

That trade didn’t work out, even if we weren’t going to pick Spida

Goodwin has been impressive in the Summer League. I think it's safe to assume that he will take the last PG spot on the roster.

Joker / Plumlee / Bol Bol
Millsap / Grant / Vanderbilt
Craig / Barton / MPJ
Harris / Beasley / ???
Murray / Morris / Goodwin

Given Craig, Barton and Murray can all cover SG, and Grant can cover SF, then that last spot is likely a raffle between - Cancar, Welsh and ???

Made it tough for ourselves. I knew we would struggle based on last season's efforts - beat top teams and really battle against the dross.

But in fairness to the Suns they look like they're an improved team based on the first two games.

Ugly win but good to get it regardless.

We 100% will be active for trades... Couldn't help but notice MPJ not quite as enthusiastic being on the bench now that he is active...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back