Opinion Number 1 pick

Who should we pick as the number 1 pick?

• Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 149 53.2%
  • Andrew McGrath

Votes: 131 46.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mcluggage for me, our disposal has been poor and our kicking for goal terrible, clugga ticks those boxes.

It seems a Sam Powell pepper could be available at our second and if so he can add to our power running brigade of colyer and tippa.

Mcclug 1, Powell pepper 20.

A grade Midfield set for next 10 years

Heppell, merret, Parrish, mcclug, pp, Langford or Laverde

Draft watchers, how do you rate the contenders against the mids that have come through the draft over the past few years?

I'm not a real draft watcher but I'm fairly sure a few experts have said Hopper/mills would still be ahead, and then McClugg would be after that.

Although I think Twomey had parish ahead of McClugg. Not too sure though. He's had a better draft year for sure.

I know we normally don't consider needs at pick one and rightly so. You try pick the best player. However, if these two really are struggling to be split, maybe needs get considered.

Considering needs:

McLuggage > McGrath IMO

Some disagree, I know. We need line breakers yes, but we also needs clean users going forward and goal kicking mids.

We've got enough small defenders for now IMO. I've got great faith Conor McKenna can play the role McGrath would off half back (I know McGrath plays mid too..)

We've also got Tippa, Gleeson and Francis as strong long term options back there.

McGrath: if we were taking a half back /mid at pick one, I'd want one with elite kicking skills. Sounds like he's skills are good without being excellent.

Watched McLuggage highlights. Its an absolute disgrace he's in the same conversation as Mcgrath. Mcgrath is the best by a mile. McLuggage shouldn't even be drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched McLuggage highlights. Its an absolute disgrace he's in the same conversation as Mcgrath. Mcgrath is the best by a mile. McLuggage shouldn't even be drafted.
Solid, irrefutable post with no shortcomings in logic whatsoever.

Pat yourself on the back.

Nah we can't have goal kickers and players who are clean with the ball. Turnovers ftw

All the highlights I saw of him were he being unable to take possession of the ball and swatting it away. McGrath on the other hand looks like Chris Judd before he went to Carlton and lost all his skill.

All the highlights I saw of him were he being unable to take possession of the ball and swatting it away. McGrath on the other hand looks like Chris Judd before he went to Carlton and lost all his skill.
Judd won a Brownlow and was all-Australian 4 times at carlton. Not bad for a bloke who lost his skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back