Opinion Number 1 pick

Who should we pick as the number 1 pick?

• Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 149 53.2%
  • Andrew McGrath

Votes: 131 46.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Although Quigley's ratings are a bit all over the place, it's nice to hear some shortcomings of the draftees.

It is. I like the different opinions, makes you have a closer look to see if there is something that was missed. Not that I agree with all his listed shortcomings but good to look at.

Or his ability to get to the contest and pick up 30+ disposals regularly

Or being one of the few players who can step in and play defensive zone pretty much straight up.
Or being able to play a run with role and still win the footy.
Or to be a leader wherever he goes.

sup mates! Been awol soz. I've been keeping tabs on both Clugga and McGrath though, I made a few videos if you're interested.

Can't lose either way, Andy can jump in round 1 and do some serious damage with his speed and contested ball ability. Hugh will be the slower burn but has genuine elite footy IQ that you can't teach, watches the play unfold in slow motion and uses that to his advantage opposed to Andy's relentless attack.

Looking forward to 2017 I think we're going to surprise a few people. Walla still my boy go dons mate!

I think it is happening...

After some more research and thinking, I think I am leaning towards McGrath, who I originally leaned towards when I made this thread.

Okay hear me out. I originally looked at it as having a variety on our list with McCluggage there. I mean, we really do need more people to kick goals, so I thought "what better way of improving goal conversion than getting a classy player like McCluggage?"

But...

Imagine if we have Colyer, McGrath, Walla AND Merrett all in the one side? We'd run teams off their legs with the pressure and speed.

A complete 180 a day before the draft.

I think it is happening...

After some more research and thinking, I think I am leaning towards McGrath, who I originally leaned towards when I made this thread.

Okay hear me out. I originally looked at it as having a variety on our list with McCluggage there. I mean, we really do need more people to kick goals, so I thought "what better way of improving goal conversion than getting a classy player like McCluggage?"

But...

Imagine if we have Colyer, McGrath, Walla AND Merrett all in the one side? We'd run teams off their legs with the pressure and speed.

A complete 180 a day before the draft.
welcome to the dark side mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, it's been a while since I've seen McGrath's highlights :p
Forgot how good he was, which is why I made this thread in the first place :p
But I will still have a massive soft spot for McCluggage wherever he goes. I'll follow his team more closely.

I fear whoever we don't take will always play a blinder against us :(

Has anyone considered the link between Andrew Mcgrath and Robert Shaw? Shaw coached McGrath at Brighton Grammar. Something to think about.
Obviously Shaw would have had nothing but great things to say about McGrath to dodoro, but I have no doubts that he would not have pushed for us picking McGrath over McCluggage as he's claimed numerous times on Twitter that he doesn't follow the draft close enough to choose between Clug and Andy when asked who he thinks we should take at pick 1

He's been pretty spot on with most things. Approx 1.5 months before Jobe recommitted to the club, he called it out as a play by play, that he would commit to his contract and go back overseas. Was also spot on about Laverde recommitting too.

The main guy I know is a gun. He has been spot on every time he has given me info and he normally is in the loop.

This is why I'm second guessing what these other couple of people have told me. I spoke to my guy today and he is still saying he has no idea because no one is talking..if he can't get any info im not sure how the other two can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back