MarksGirl-kbcrowgirl

Premiership Player
Jan 28, 2001
at home :)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I don't think he will - and I don't think Wayne will ask him too. I think Wayne will be happy to get a fresh start with a new number - maybe number 28?

What do you think?

k
xx

I think the King deserves to be rewarded the #18 jumper.

Its like a king without his crown, a port supporter with teeth...its just not right for him to wear anything apart from the #18.

Stiffy should better start looking for a new number as we speak :eek:

THE KING IS A CROW

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

I agree with KC, give him the no. 18.

I'm sure Stiffy will have no problems handing it over as Carey was his hero when he was a boy.

Originally posted by topjars
No.
Wayne would be after a fresh start with a fresh jumper.

Im sure the "club" wouldnt even entertain such a demand if it were to come from Carey

Number 3 would be fitting; and a tribute to both guys.

Why should Massie give up 3?

Give him # 28. Since we have Kane to thank for getting him here, he should get Kane's number. Other options would be # 25 or # 6!

Jerome

Well, Carey wore #18 when he played for North Adelaide. I feel it is a lucky number, cause it has had a few really good players wear it since then eg Wayne Roseboom, currently 'The Prince' Gerald Cornelius. :)

I guess Gerald Cornelius may consider giving it to him - if the need arises. However, I love Gerald and he looks good with #18 and it has been lucky for him, so I want Gerald to keep it! :D

As for what number Carey should wear at the Crows, I have no idea, I tend to agree with Jerome about giving him #28, that would be quite a good move!

:p

Originally posted by Jerome
Give him # 28. Since we have Kane to thank for getting him here, he should get Kane's number. Other options would be # 25 or # 6!

Jerome

So Nelson's due to get the chop? Not sure if I'd like him wearing #6. Unlike a lot of the media, I don't see him as the new Modra.

I'd like to see the King in no. 18 next year...it's the number he's synonymous with....Carey and 18 go hand in hand, like Michael Jordan and 23 and Plugger and 4.....and we all know how their comebacks failed when they changed numbers :p

Having said that, I don't think Stiffy should HAVE to give it up, but if he doesn't mind too much and the King wants it, then obviously no. 18 should be assigned to Wayne…Stiffy's a good man and I'm sure he wouldn't stand in the way of a legend and his number :D

Originally posted by ant
I'd like to see the King in no. 18 next year...it's the number he's synonymous with....Carey and 18 go hand in hand, like Michael Jordan and 23 and Plugger and 4.....and we all know how their comebacks failed when they changed numbers :p

Having said that, I don't think Stiffy should HAVE to give it up, but if he doesn't mind too much and the King wants it, then obviously no. 18 should be assigned to Wayne…Stiffy's a good man and I'm sure he wouldn't stand in the way of a legend and his number :D
Yeah, I would prefer the King in the #18 guernsey, but only if Stiffy feels OK giving it up. Not really too fussed, as long as he doesn't wear #38! That would give me too many bad vibes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it's a hard one to speculate on.
If John**** does nt mind giving up the number 18 then I reckon it's all cool. However if the club MAKE him give it up I don't think Carey should get it.
If the number 18 remains unavailable due to Jon****s decision I think Carey should go with number 28 as Jerome said.
I don't like the idea of giving Carey number 6 in any way, shape or form.
Is there another number somewhere he can make his own???
I think he deserves a number he can make famous at Adelaide and not take on one that already has a lot of significance.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Yeah, I would prefer the King in the #18 guernsey, but only if Stiffy feels OK giving it up. Not really too fussed, as long as he doesn't wear #38! That would give me too many bad vibes.

#38? Bad vibes? Why?

Originally posted by DaveW
Sheesh... the hang up some people here have about David Gallagher is hysterical... :) He wasn't *that* bad.
Yes he was! Most fustrating Crows' player of all-time to watch for me. Geeez I was so happy (nearly as happy as getting Carey) when we traded him.

No, he should not get Stiffy's number.

Stiffy will be a champion, possibly one of the greats of our club. We must show him that we value him. I don't believe he should even be asked.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin

I feel a cold shiver up my spine....

Then again, maybe Stiffy can do for the number 38 what Scotty Welsh has done for number 17 - rid it of the curse and return it to respectability.

Generally at the end of each year once hte list has been finalised there is a fair bit of jumper number swapping.

Given that Stiffy has only worn 18 for one year I doubt he is very attached to it.

I can't recall anyone decent ever wearing 18 for us. (other than the sexual chocolate of course - T Bond)

Stiffy doens't wear 18 for the Magpies and he may prefer a number which one of the delisted palyers already have

Certainly the Club will not require that he gives it up and will probably leave it up to the players concerned to discuss it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back