Number 29 - Matthew Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

dockerspavlich_gallery__470x334.jpg

mmm... could see him in one of those roman outfits (like from the movie 300) looks like a roman :D

Never really actually knew his "measured" height is 191cm... thats how tall i am? he is deceivingly(sp?) big and 100kg's is alot of muscle too :)

mmm... could see him in one of those roman outfits (like from the movie 300) looks like a roman :D

I'm quite sure IP would like to se him like that as well ;)

Geez - I hope he has a go at the Coleman Medal. His role changed slightly last year, but he is a fantastic forward and to win a Coleman would further validate his greatness. Off course when he lifts our maiden premiership cup hopefully, that will cement his place within the modern greats of the game.

Never really actually knew his "measured" height is 191cm... thats how tall i am? he is deceivingly(sp?) big and 100kg's is alot of muscle too :)

190cm you should be about 100kg just normally... Pav is also heavily muscled, so who knows what his body fat % is, but i'm thinking below 8%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the past two or three weeks, Pav appears to be a "bit out of sorts", moving a bit slower and looking a bit too beefy.

Is the Great One carrying a niggle or are the tolls of the season catching up with him? Anybody got any info or ideas? No rumours please :)

Well Harv's did bring in Zac Clarke and I think it's pretty obvious that Pav is playing injured and the sooner we get some defenders back the soon Johnson/Bradley can play forward to help out.

With Johnson, Mayne and Headland out and Keplar playing back, McPhee not being dangerous enough our forward line is looking very weak currently.

Congrats to the big Pav - this weekend against Melbourne he will move ahead of Shaun McManus into 2nd place on our all time games played list.

Then only another 10 to go until he takes his rightful place as our all time games record holder. :thumbsu:

Very impressed with Pav during the derby sending directions down-field to set up the zone while MJ was lining up for his shot just in case he missed. To be that switched on about the gameplan when we were already 10 goals up showed great leadership.

TBH I wasn't sure whether Pav would make the greatest captain in the world when he first took over but he's really grown into the role quite brilliantly. And you can see how much all the younger guys love him too.

Pav is a gun, impossible to not admire. Premiership captain to be added top his achievements soon i hope, then he will have had the complete career.

Very impressed with Pav during the derby sending directions down-field to set up the zone while MJ was lining up for his shot just in case he missed. To be that switched on about the gameplan when we were already 10 goals up showed great leadership.

TBH I wasn't sure whether Pav would make the greatest captain in the world when he first took over but he's really grown into the role quite brilliantly. And you can see how much all the younger guys love him too.

I imagine that would also take a bit of pressure off the kicker too. Knowing you have to put it through the middle because the turnover will cost you can add some extra tension on the kick.

Does anyone else see a Shane Crawford finish to the great mans career? 3-4 years time we break the duck and Pav calls it quits on that top of the heap.

FWIW i still have a knock on Pav - i wish he would kick the big goal more often. Too often does he miss a sitter late in tight games. But thats the only real knock i have on him.
Looked fit again on the weekend too - he and Sandi looked to be moving much better.

I wouldnt care if he did that, travelling every 2nd week to Melbourne which is a 4 hour trip each way. If he play until 32ish i'd be happy for him to reitre then.

Bump and record of this glorious day.

Fremantle Captain Matthew Pavlich will be a Docker for life after agreeing to terms today that will see him remain at the club until the end of season 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back