MadMac

Premiership Player
May 5, 2008
Purple Pub
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Swan Districts, Željo
I thought I'll start a thread for this bloke.
Looks like he's very fast and skillful. I think it's a fabulous pick-up at 77.

Chris_Hall_Draft_246a.jpg

Re: Number TBA - Christopher Hall [Pick 77 - 2008 National Draft]

Chris Hall vs NSW/ACT (2008 U-18 Championships)

[YOUTUBE]a3VR7X1jwmQ[/YOUTUBE]

Chris Hall Highlights 2008: http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/85190

Coach Couch's consolidated draft profile on Hall:

Christopher Hall - (SF) 25 June 1990, 179cm 65kg. SA/Woodville West Torrens/Flinders Park

"Jason McCartney: Christopher Hall – There is a bit of quality about him. He played half-forward and does go through the midfield at times. He uses the ball exceptionally well and he had 15 disposals against Western Australia. He goes and wins his own ball – he had three hard-ball gets – and he is quite clever with his stoppage work around the ground."

"???: He had five clearances for the match. He kicked a couple of goals in South Australia's previous match against Tasmania, so he's someone who has jumped out in the last couple of weeks."

"Jason McCartney: Christopher Hall – He's been quite classy throughout all of South Australia's matches. Chris was opposed at times to Steele Sidebottom and he did really well with his 20 disposals, including 11 contested. He was good around the stoppages and quite clever with six clearances. He's got quick hands and more importantly he does use the ball really well by foot. He's also a nice mover and finisher on the run."

"foj1:: 31. Christopher Hall 179cm 65kg SA
Built more like Lleyton Hewitt than an AFL footballer however he possesses great speed and has played SANFL this year. Possesses nice disposal and makes good decisions with the footy. Will need to bulk up significantly but clubs are always looking for speed and this kid has it."

"ant555: Chris Hall – 179cm, 65kg – Woodville / West Torrens.
Small forward/midfielder who is very light. Very good pace and skills and is excellent at ground level. Runs hard through the middle and has good hands and is very creative with his disposal. Right foot kicking is good. Marking skills looked ok. Was dangerous in and around the forward line. Roving skills in the forward line where good.
Classy little player who should get picked up second to fourth round."

"rizzo: Chris Hall - 65kg - 179cm - 25.06.1990
Really really light on, but you wouldn’t notice it. Didn’t have big wraps for him originally but stood out in the carnival. Love his ability to dash and run. He is no slouch, and isn’t afraid to take players on. This is what i really like. A player who has the ability to pack themselves at this age is going to be a good player. Is a good tackler to, a real under the radar player this one.
Skills - Tackling, Speed, Faith in his ability"

"TheBigUnit: Chris Hall - lot of very attractive attributes, but will need a shitload of physical development to reach AFL standard. Would be a worthwile project past the 3rd round."

FFC.com.au write-up on Hall:

Fremantle used its final pick in the 2008 NAB AFL Draft to recruit its solitary South Australian product, Woodville-West Torrens wingman Chris Hall.

Chris had a solid year playing for the Eagles in the SANFL, progressing from U19 to Reserves to League in 2008. He also represented South Australia at the U18 National Championships where he was excellent, exemplifying his dramatic improvement over the course of the 2008 season.

Chris spent most of his time playing on a wing with small periods spent on the ball or as a small forward. He can find space extremely well, likes to carry the ball and is not afraid to take his opponents on. His skills are clean and he will hit targets inside 50 as well as run forward and kick goals. He is a quick decision maker so he is very good in tight or under pressure.

AFL.com.au profile on Hall:

Selection 77: Chris Hall

Date of birth: 25/6/90
Height: 175cm
Weight: 70kg
Club: Woodville West Torrens/Flinders Park

Bio: A courageous small midfielder with clean hands, who is very creative. Hall has good awareness and also seems to have time and space. South Australian under-18 representative in 2008. From Flinders Park FC.

Jason McCartney says: Chris was very consistent during the under-18 championships for South Australia. He played predominantly as a half-forward, but he's a quality mover and an excellent finisher. Eventually you would think he will play through the midfield, but as a half-forward he really didn't need to get a lot of the footy to have an impact on the game. He's a good decision maker who uses the ball well and he was extremely prominent when SA came to Melbourne and finished off the tournament well.

Stats:

Code:
NAB AFL Under 18 Championships
Team 	Mt 	K 	HB 	D 	M 	HO 	T 	G
S.A. 	5 	8.8 	7.2 	16.0 	3.4 	0.0 	1.4 	0.8

Draft Camp highlights:
1st shuttle run/beep test 14.6
5th 3km time trial 10min 42sec

In his own words

Strengths
Setting up the play, quick hands, getting the runners involved. I can get around players easily. My evasive skills are a bit better than some of the bigger guys.

Weaknesses?
I probably need to work on my size a little bit, need to get a bit stronger. And my chase-downs as well, and keeping the ball inside the forward 50.

Which AFL team do you support?
I’m a Crows fan.

Which AFL players do you try to model yourself on?
Dale Thomas, Andrew McLeod and Brett Burton. I like McLeod because he’s just so clean with his hands, such a silky smooth sort of player. And Dale and Brett Burton are playmakers of the team, sort of the X-factors. When they fire it’s really good to watch that sort of thing.

Brad Lloyd on Hall:

Selection No.77: Christopher Hall
Eagles, SA, Midfielder, June 25 1990, 175cm, 70kg
"Chris is a midfielder from South Australia who's played a few games of senior footy that we're really happy to have as well."

Snoop Dog on Hall:

# 37 Fremantle – Chris Hall (WWT / 179 / 65)

Very very lively small forward type who could ultimately go into the midfield when that jockey frame of his fills out. Good acceleration and is particularly clever around the stoppages. Good runner who explodes away from stoppage and uses the ball well by hand and foot. Loves a goal and whilst you think of a Milne when you see him there is no doubt there is more upside to this kid.

Quigley on Hall:
27. North Melbourne

With Boomer Harvey at the end of the road North would be happy to take someone who could turn out a lot like Boomer in Hall. He is a great little player who could develop very nicely in the no frills North environment and maybe add a touch of class to their midfield.

Christopher Hall (DOB – 25/6/90, Ht – 179, Wt – 65)

Hall is a player who probably needs to be stashed away for a year or so to put some weight on. He is very slight at the moment but if you are patient he could well be worth the wait. He has genuine pace and is a very evasive runner who works hard to get to space. What impressed me most with Hall is that unlike a lot of players with that kind of pace he has obviously worked on his endurance and he works extremely hard to get to contests and to space to give his players an outlet. Once he has done that hard work he can then use his pace and evasiveness to devastating effect. It was great to see that he performed at Camp where he won the beep test (14.6) and was 5th in the 3km (10.42). He can play inside and out and despite being a lightweight even at u18 level, he wins his fair share of clearances and he delivers the ball well. The weighting of his kicks is a feature of his game. Overall I think his disposal is better than most in the draft and certainly better than those likely to be taken around him. Up forward he is a capable goal sneak and will pick up his fair share of crumbing goals. This kid has the tools and I think will be a very nice player at AFL level. He is a personal favourite of mine and I would love him to go to a team that would develop him to his potential. If Brisbane picked him up in the third round I would be stoked. For me he is a second or third pick with the potential to make the recruitment staff look very smart for taking him.

Norman Ross on Hall:
39 – Geelong - Christopher Hall – Another quick midfielder who could really be taken anywhere from the second round till somewhere in the 50’s. Will need to bulk up if he wonts to play his powerful style of football. Should the cats take him he will add some more pace the Cats midfield arsenal.

foj1 on Hall:
Pick 41 Brisbane- Christopher Hall
Super quick smallish onballer who has pace to burn. I think Brisbane are looking for a bit of zip and they will certainly get it from this young bloke. There a few players of his ilk around at this pick such as Zaharakis but Hall has bit more zip and if he can bulk up would be an exciting player up at the Gabba.

ant555 on Hall:
62) Sydney – Chris Hall
Very quick but lightly framed small forward who could be a midfield prospect at some stage in the future. Is very smart around the forward line and knows where the goals are.

2008 AFL DC Results:

181.0cm (14%)
66.0kg (1%)
52.4mm S7 skinfolds (66%)
20.6cm handspan (7%)
76.3cm arm length (3%)
58cm standing VJ (34%)
70cm RF VJ (49%)
75cm LF VJ (42%)
1.11s 5m (39%) 1.87s 10m (22%) 3.10s (26%)
Level 14 Shuttle 8 Beep test (100%)
26.42s repeat sprint (36%)
10:43 3km (90%)

He's my fav of all the picks. Taken very late he could easily surprise and become a player Similar to Chance Bateman. Seems to have elite endurance with good pace and good skills.

If he grows a couple inches taller it would be a big bonus, would be much more likely to make it.

I love Chris Hall. Will be a star for many years to come.

Really like the look of this kid, I think it's a great pickup for us, seems very gutsy despite his small frame as well as having a bit if zip and class.

First time user but thought I'd get on as an interested party in future of Chris Hall. Know the family well so thought I'd post a little bit of background. Did year 12 at St. Michaels College ( large catholic private school) last year with Brad Ebert ( West Coast Eagles) and Matthew Broadbent, drafted to Port this year. Was College Captain ( Head Prefect) and also was awarded Athlete of the year for 2007. Played in the Drive tennis team (the top team) for the college during summer on Sat mornings, then went out and played in the First X1 cricket side in the afternoons. Won the B and F for the cricket side. Only played half the season due to Yr12 exams.Obviously a handy footballer and believe he is a low handicap golfer.

His father played a bit of SANFL for Woodville and his grandfather played SANFL back in the 1950s for Port Adelaide.

Inspite of all this is a very quiet unassuming kid. Close family, hope he does well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the little bio there tren30. Appreciated. Sounds like this lad has got his act together.... :thumbsu:

We have a player Chris Hall,
Who many thought too small.
But he's a beautiful mover,
With hands like a hoover.
And he's awfully good with the ball.

Absolute dead set gun in the derby today. Easts would not have won without him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back