Number 38 - Michael 'Sonny' Walters (Pick 53 - 2008 ND)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to hear SP.

Thanks for posting the photo silver and pp82.

R5: 7K|6HB|1M|2FF|4I50

swannies: Walters - you've done wonders for his fitness, thankyou. Runs a lot harder and whilst having a smaller body is not frightened to throw it around. Chases and harrasses when up forward. Attacked the contest with purpose today, kicking was a bit off, but that's unusual for Michael.

Two clangers. 9 kicks, 5 handballs, 6 Marks, 1 goal. 78.5% efficiency, 3 tackles, 4 1%ers (3rd in team), team high goal assists.

That is a mighty debut out of the forward line, on a late call up.

Any chance he will be a regular for the rest of the season? Looked very certain out there just his decision making at times was a bit dodgy but a great debut!

Does anyone know what's happening with Sonny? All pre-season I have heard that he is burning up the track and then I hear he's not selected for the intra-club or NAB cup match. Is he injured? A chance to play round one? I'm super excited to see this guy in the midfield! Cheers.

Sonny still leading

Senior coach Justin Longmuir says Michael Walters remains one of Fremantle’s most important leaders despite the star forward recently making the decision to step aside from the leadership group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back