Number 39 - Casey Sibosado (Pick 3 2008 RD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Pick 3 Casey Sibosado (Xavier College/ Oakleigh Chargers, 192cm, 72kg)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=e630UcTE5fE

Snoop Dog Saids:
Real excitement machine who has been school footy at Xavier. An exciting fwd who whilst a bit erratic has shown an uncanny ability for contested marks and goals. Causes a fair bit of debate because the knock on him is his consistency. One could go and watch him one day and not even notice him yet the next week you would think he is the best prospect going around. If he can fix his intensity he could well be anything. As a Pie supporter he reminds a little of Shannon Cox.

Emma Quayle Top 25 National Draft Prospects, She Saids:
Number 25 Casey Sibosado

Here’s my smokey. I can’t see anyone picking Sibosado this high, but once he turns out to be a star I want to be able to say “I told you so”. (note: If he doesn’t work out let’s pretend this article never happened!). Casey has talent, pure and simple — he gets the ball when he shouldn’t, has a knack for nudging players in the back with his chest and getting his arms up to mark, he times his leaps really well and can play down back and go for a run, although I like him as a forward most. The trick for him is forcing his own involvement in a game. But once he’s in it, he can do anything. If he makes it, he’ll be hugely exciting to watch.

Jason McCartney says: Casey is actually from up in the Kimberley region in WA, but he ended up playing for NT at under-18 level because they get a few concessions for their small population.

One of the best things Casey did this year was play for Oakleigh Chargers after his commitment with Xavier College, which really helped his development. He moves really well, has great athleticism and is real rangy in his movements and covers the ground well. He did a couple of things in games which made you say; 'Yeah, he can play'.

There's a bit of x-factor about him, a bit of excitement, and he'll really benefit from a solid pre-season. I think he would be an exceptional late pick-up.

Re: Number TBA - Casey Sibosado (Pick 3 RD)

The two Oakleigh Chargers boys are looking very exciting (Zach and Casey). They both have that exciting, unique x-factor that I hope will help them both be stars. Having both of these two mates(??) together could see them both develop quickly in ones company. Real exciting prospects we now have:)

EDIT: Maybe young Luke Shuey down the road might want to join his ex-team mates in a couple of years and join us.:thumbsu:

Casey is my official BUDDY for the 2009 season and I will be following him closely to report on his progress.
We all have huge hopes for this man. He could be the future of our forward line but the development will be the interesting part.

Good luck Casey, have a great 2009 and on.

I am really excited about Casey. I think towards the end of this season we will have a better idea if he is going to make it. If he works hard and dots the i's and crosses the t's, he could really have a big year in the WAFL; which would make most people back him to become a very good player. If he slacks off, we could just about right him off like we did with Mourish after his first year.

Anyone else heard the rumours that none of the other boys are talking to Sibo at training?

Apparently they're all jealous that I chose him over them to be my buddy.

Anyone else heard the rumours that none of the other boys are talking to Sibo at training?

Apparently they're all jealous that I chose him over them to be my buddy.
:eek:Jealous might not be the word for it. Could be that they're not expecting him to be around long.....now that he's your buddy.

You have had a couple of buddies delisted, or am I off track?

Just one - and he wasn't delisted, he chucked a sook and demanded to be traded to Carlton.

He's dead to me now though - Sibo is my main man. I promise to take real good care of him and play with him every day.

Casey_Sibosado_Draft_246a.jpg

NAB_Under_18_Qualifying_series_at_Casey_Fields.jpg

mbs_casey_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

AFL.com.au

Date of birth: 13/10/90
Height: 192cm
Weight: 85kg
Club: Northern Territory Thunder
Bio: An athletic and versatile tall forward who's strong overhead, Sibosado represented Northern Territory in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

Stats:
Code:
 [B]NAB AFL Under 18 Championships[/B] [B]
Team[/B] [B]Mt[/B] [B]K[/B] [B]HB[/B] [B]D[/B] [B]M[/B] [B]HO[/B] [B]T[/B] [B]G[/B] 
N.T. 3 6.0 3.0 9.0 4.3 6.3 2.0 1.0
Emma Quayle
25. Casey Sibosado
(Xavier College/ Oakleigh Chargers, 192cm, 72kg)
Here’s my smokey. I can’t see anyone picking Sibosado this high, but once he turns out to be a star I want to be able to say “I told you so”. (note: If he doesn’t work out let’s pretend this article never happened!). Casey has talent, pure and simple — he gets the ball when he shouldn’t, has a knack for nudging players in the back with his chest and getting his arms up to mark, he times his leaps really well and can play down back and go for a run, although I like him as a forward most. The trick for him is forcing his own involvement in a game. But once he’s in it, he can do anything. If he makes it, he’ll be hugely exciting to watch.

CASEY SIBOSADO (18, 192cm, 85kg, NT Thunder)
On any given day Sibosado could do anything … or nothing. His best is brilliant, he'll take lots of marks and on natural talent he should have been drafted, but clubs would be worried that he's too lazy at times. He's shown some commitment this year — from remote WA, he boarded at Melbourne Grammar, played for the Northern Territory Thunder and also played some games at Oakleigh.
Quigley

It came down to two NT reps in Gugliotta and Sibosado and I decided to go with Sibosado who I think might develop into a Darryl White type utility and he would be very handy in this role for the Lions.

Brisbane Pick 82 - Casey Sibosado

Casey Sibosado (DOB – 13/10/90, Ht – 191, Wt – 85)

Melbourne based kid who boarded at Xavier, played some games for Oakleigh and played in the Div 2 Champs for the NT. He plays well above his listed height and is a legitimate key position player. In fact at the Champs he did a fair bit of rucking provided a contest winning a few and at least keeping the opposing rucks honest. He moves very nicely for a big guy, is rangy and covers the ground extremely well. He plays mostly as a forward although he will work up onto this wing to get the ball as a true CHF. Probably the main strength in his game is his contested marking and he is a real presence in the forward line. His kicking for goal is pretty good and certainly up there with the forwards who are likely to be taken around him in the draft. His field kicking is also solid and he seems to have pretty good awareness of what is going on around him. There have been some who have compared him to Buddy Franklin and that is more than a little over the top but in fairness he does move a little like him. He has been hidden away a little playing for NT and Xavier for most of the year but he showed some good development at Oakleigh and teams are going to look at him and think there is still a fair bit development left in him. He has a high ceiling and is someone I think teams are going to be willing to take a chance on later in the draft. He was an attendee at camp.
Norman Ross:
64 - Western Bulldogs – Casey Sibasado – Is this bloke being hidden? Showed a bit for NT, another indigenous boy with some really broad shoulders, has a good leap a good pair of hands and the pace to play as a flanker or undersized KP. Been tucked away playing for Xavier College ala Rioli and stood out for a couple of weeks playing for Oakleigh Chargers where he bagged an impressive 5.2 playing from CHF and was everywhere.

2008 DC Results:
192.2cm (75%)
84.7kg (73%)
68.2mm skinfolds (14%)
23.2cm handspan (61%)
85.1cm arm length (75%)
63cm SVJ (61%)
58cm RVJ (2%) and 80cm LVJ (60%)
1.00s 5m (96%) 1.73s 10m (74%) 2.99s 20m (67%)
8.77s agility (20%)
26.72s repeat sprint (17%)
12:21 3km (8%)

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Casey-Sibosado/1064178671

TAC Cup Stats: http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_i...d=189106618&client=1-3020-27634-67827-8060347

Threads:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491210
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492454
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502204
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502278
http://forums.demonland.com/index.php?showtopic=13160&st=0&start=0

Articles:

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hope-remains-for-overlooked-teen/2008/11/30/1227979844736.html
http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2008/05/14/4113_ntsport.html

192.2cm (75%)
84.7kg (73%)
68.2mm skinfolds (14%)
23.2cm handspan (61%)
85.1cm arm length (75%)
63cm SVJ (61%)
8.77s agility (20%)

Gee some of that stuff is really encouraging. Basically has good pace and height and just needs to work on his fitness. Get his skinfolds down and his endurance up and we may just have a player.

192.2cm (75%)
84.7kg (73%)
68.2mm skinfolds (14%)
23.2cm handspan (61%)
85.1cm arm length (75%)
63cm SVJ (61%)
8.77s agility (20%)

Gee some of that stuff is really encouraging. Basically has good pace and height and just needs to work on his fitness. Get his skinfolds down and his endurance up and we may just have a player.

I think we have the technology to do this now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome everyone to my Number 1 Buddy for 2009. I am sure that you will be kicking ass this year and I look forward to a very bright future.

Viva Casey and Viva Freo!!!

Any reports on how Casey is settling in to Freo, and how he's looking at training? I know he's a project player, but any chance that we might see him this year?

Can't wait to watch this boy play for claremont this year and possibly in the NAB cup and I hope he relaxes and shows the brilliance hes capable of. He needs to stand up and stick it up everyone who is doubting him after one scratch match because we need a big forward to mark his mark in the coming years.

Not sure anyone is doubting him. I watched him having kick to kick with Hill in the warm up the other night and he's a nice mover. Also saw him dob about 5 in a row from different angles around 45M. He just went to water a bit during the real stuff but he's really only a kid with not a lot of experience of the big stage. Assuming he has a decent temperament he'll get used to playing in front of cameras and crowds, he's not short of talent.

Just wondering if you think the magic man will get a game at the claremont intraclub on friday along with maybe suban and any other tiger players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back