Number 46 - Clancee Pearce (Pick 48 2008 RD)

Remove this Banner Ad

IbbosBFF

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Kings
Pick 48 Clancee Pearce (Swan Districts 183cm, 89.75kg)

Bio: Pearce is an solidly built attacking medium defender who reads the play well. He uses the ball well and can kick with depth. His decision making is very good along with the on-field leadership he provided for both the WA State team and Swan Districts in 2008. Pearce has slight queries on his footskills and if he can keep up with the ever-evolving speed of the AFL. Pearce won All-Australian selection in 2008 following NAB AFL Under-18 Championships

Honours
2008 WA U18 Squad
2008 WA U18 MVP
2008 AFL Draft Camp Invitee
2008 WAFL Colts Team of the Year – HBF and captain

2008 Form:
Very much unheralded and under the radar in the pre-season, Pearce started off the year in the colts in fine form, in the bests in 3 of the first 4 games.

His excellent form extended into the National championships. He was a model of consistency throughout all the games, playing mainly off HB, cutting off opposition attacks with his ability to read the play and providing plenty of forward drive, setting up many attacks with his run and carry and long RF kicking. His standout games were his 20 possession, 3 marks, 1.0 game against SA and his final game against Vic Metro where he picked up 26 possessions and 6 marks. His consistency of efforts were recognised by the WA coaching panel, who awarded him the 2008 WA U18 MVP.

Upon returning from the championships, he played one WAFL Colts game before gaining a promotion to the league team and didn’t look back. He had an outstanding debut, featuring in the bests with 23 disposals, 6 marks and 2.0 and produced another excellent performance against Peel with 22 disposals, 6 marks and 0.1.

His 2008 WAFL finals series was capped off a very good season for him. He had 16 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles against South Fremantle in the EF, finishing off very strongly in what was tight game throughout. His PF performance was excellent with 21 disposals, 8 marks and 0.1 his impact being consistent during the entire duration of the game. Like many of the young Swans he was quiet in the grand final, working his way into the game more after a quiet 1st quarter, finishing up with 9 disposals and 4 marks, but his performance was sound and would’ve done his stocks no harm.

STYLE LIKE: Dean Soloman/Brett Guerra
TRADEMARK: Shirt front, Line Breaker
DISPOSAL, DECISION-MAKING, SMARTS:
- Unique ball drop, timely but doesn't appear to affect his accuracy.
- Penetrating by foot, prefers to hit a target over 50 metres than 15.
- Loves to run and carry, what I’d refer to as a 90 metre player. Gathers possession, runs has a bounce, runs his full measure then launches it 50. Great for a HBF.
- Physical approach to the game without being overly crude. Obviously respected by his Swans teammates and doesn't take a backward step. Knocked Callum Chambers off the ball, when Chambers reacted Pearce knocked him down again.
- Good by hand, sometimes looks for the harder of two options, always looking for more metres rather than better position.
HANDS: Clean rarely fumbles
OVERHEAD MARKING: Strong, loves to spoil.
ATHLETICISM, INTENSITY, ETHIC, CONSISTENCY:
- Not overly quick and could be undone by a smart slippery player at the next level.
- Good closing speed, first 5 steps aren’t the best but his positioning prior to the contest offsets this to a degree.
- Already a solid build so will be billed as AFL ready, still thinks he needs a year to tone up. Suffers from regular corkies
- Physical player who hates conceding, fantastic reader of the play, often out mark his opponent on the lead simply because he has picked up it’s flight a second or two earlier.
- Accountable and team-orientated, will cover teammates man at the right time.
IMPROVEMENT SCOPE
Should he build his tank and shed a few kilos he could become a negating mid, good reader of the play who should do well as a HBF.
AFL VERSATILITY:
Likely to play as a HB flanker most of his AFL career, could be used as a negating midfielder with an increased tank. Even a depth midfielder in his own right
QUERIES
-Does he project to much more than just a small defender at AFL?
-Will his kicking style cause him problems at AFL level (getting run down)?
-Can his athleticism be improved to at least average AFL standard?

Ant555 Assesment
Solid running half back who simply demands the ball. Goes in hard to find it and sets up a lot of play through the corridor. Reasonably good pace and good kicking skills on the right side. Work rate is very good and is good at ground level. Good in traffic. Defensive side of his game is pretty good.
National Draft Prediction – pick 12 to 35.

HFF 07 Assesment
Small utility player who is hard at it, loves a contest and wont shirk one when the ball is in dispute, some queries linger over his ability to rotate through the midfield.
PROS: - Tough
- Runs the lines
- Hard
CONS: - Pace?? (Not sure)
- Engine
PREDICTION: 15 - 35

Jason McCartney Assesment
Clancee ended up with 26 disposals in the match against Vic Metro and was voted by Western Australia's coaching staff as its MVP. Clancee was very consistent off half-back and he backs himself. He loves to run with the footy and although he makes a few blues along the way, he actually takes the game on and tries to make something happen.

WA U18 coach Andrew Lockyer Assesment
A very tough footballer. He moves pretty quickly, but is a thumping kick. In an under 18s game against South Australia I remember him kicking a goal from just inside centre square on the run. He’s got a huge kick on him. He was an All-Australian under-18 so he had a fantastic carnival. Clancee is very solidly built, so that could put people off, but I just think that’s how he is and you’ve got to look past his body shape because he’s likely to make a terrific footballer. He can play midfield and half back – that’s where he played for us and that’s where he played in league footy as well.

2008 WAFL stats - http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi...ews_task=DETAIL
AFL.com video - http://afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/2...px?newsId=62650
2008 Championship highlights - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDX1OZPA3DE

Re: Number TBA - Clancee Pearce (Pick 48 RD)

Hope Harvs runs Clancee into the ground this pre-season and gets his skinfolds down. His speed would be on par with Sidebottom so whoever saids he is a slow ass, just point fingers at Steele :thumbsu:

Re: Number TBA - Clancee Pearce (Pick 48 RD)

this kid has a lot going for him, could end up a genuine tough as nails half back. hope he goes alright :thumbsu:

New profile pic:

PEARCEClancee_246a.jpg

After the first intraclub match of the pre-season Clancee went down with a stress fracture. Was eased into football in the Swans Reserves this week.

C.Pearce (SD reserves) - 16k, 9h (25d), 5m, 6I50, 1goal

Best on ground performance, will be in line for his usual league spot next week. With the elevations on Broughton and De Boer, Clancee is most likely fighting with Jay Van Berlo and possibily Casey Sibosado for mid-season rookie elevation.

Could be a chance elevation for the game against Port.
Has anyone seen him lately and is his skin foldage still a little to love handle ish?

2009 WAFL Stats

R3 8k 8h (16d) 6m
R4 6k 11h (17d) 5m
R6 14k 7h (21d) 7m 1G
R7 10k 11h (21d) 9m
R8 10k 8h (18d) 4m
R9 5k 1h (6d) 3m
R10 13k 13h (26d) 4m

Fremantle Dockers defender Antoni Grover ruled out with calf injury

By Justin Chadwick
June 03, 2009 Fremantle's injury woes have continued with defender Antoni Grover the latest to be ruled out of Saturday's clash with Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium.
A medical assessment on Monday revealed Grover had strained his calf muscle in last week's loss to Richmond.

Michael Johnson (ankle), Des Headland (quad) and Luke McPharlin (hip) are also out of the Power clash, leaving coach Mark Harvey with little choice but to throw another debutant into the deep end.

Rookie Clancee Pearce will become the sixth Dockers player to debut this year, while goalsneak Hayden Ballantyne is also a chance to play his first game if he can overcome a cork he sustained last Saturday in the WAFL.

But Stephen Hill should be right to play after overcoming a severe knock to the hip.

"We obviously have to make a few changes on the back of last week," Harvey said.

"Three out of the four guys that are out are in our leadership group, so that's significant.

"I don't think I've been through a list like this, as in the injuries so early in the season."
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25581344-5018851,00.html

Good luck champ!

Could be a chance elevation for the game against Port.
Has anyone seen him lately and is his skin foldage still a little to love handle ish?
he's still a bit on the chunky side. I dont think he will ever be the type to have a ripped physique

Nice first game by Clancee, 16 disposals, 6 marks and a goal. :thumbsu:

Didn't look out of his depth at all, hopefully he can retain his spot for the rest of the year.

Do you think that he will hold his spot?

I would give him another week to prove himself before putting him in your dreamteam mate....

The extended break might work against him and force him out when senior players return.

Give him another crack I say. 16 disposals is quite good for a debut..not sure on his efficiency though. But we seem to give others plenty of chances and they continually disappoint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give him another crack I say. 16 disposals is quite good for a debut..not sure on his efficiency though. But we seem to give others plenty of chances and they continually disappoint.
He was much better than Suban with the ball to be honest.

Pearce had efficiency of 75% with 1 clanger through 10 kicks and 16 touches.

Suban had efficiency of 57% with 2 clangers through 11 kicks and 14 touches.

Thought Pearce was much much better to be honest. I haven't seen him butcher the ball much in the time I've watched him over the last 2 years.

He was much better than Suban with the ball to be honest.

Pearce had efficiency of 75% with 1 clanger through 10 kicks and 16 touches.

Suban had efficiency of 57% with 2 clangers through 11 kicks and 14 touches.

Thought Pearce was much much better to be honest. I haven't seen him butcher the ball much in the time I've watched him over the last 2 years.
His goal was a mongrel.

After picking up a slight hamstring strain halfway through the Geelong game.. Clancee missed the next 2 weeks.

He was named in the team against Collingwood but did not travel over. Still good signs.

WAFL Round 16
13k 11h 24d 7m 1FF 3FA
On his return through the WAFL he was great across half back, earning a callup early in the week for the Brisbane clash.

13k 8h 21d 6m 1FA 3T

Almost his breakout game. Was very good early in the game, went forward and took a couple of marks inside 50. Missed twice from about 45m on a 45 angle, needs to add a bit of goal kicking practice if he is going to get in dangerous spots like that every week :D

What stood out for me was his clean disposal in appalling conditions.

A couple more performances like the one on the weekend and he could be pushing for a promotion alongside Broughton and DeBoer at the end of the year.

I really liked him game in the wet last week. He kick into the forward line where thornton marked was a beauty. I hope he keeps his spot moving forward.

IbbosBFF - how long was he on the ground for??

IbbosBFF - how long was he on the ground for??

75%

Obviously he's a rookie and has primarily been played as a defender but his offensive aspect looks good, albeit needing development. In the Brisbane game he could have kicked a goal or 2, he set one up and if Campbell wasn't a crab would have set 2 up.

did anyone else notice/think that on the back of thursdays west (29th april) that was broughton and not pearce?

With Clancee training with us still he is obviously looking to be re-rookied, what role do people see him potentially playing in a Ross Lyon team? He has trimmed down a bit, could he be a lock down small defender?

With Clancee training with us still he is obviously looking to be re-rookied, what role do people see him potentially playing in a Ross Lyon team? He has trimmed down a bit, could he be a lock down small defender?

i think a role similar to what he played before he was drafted would be best for clancee. a hbf who reads the play better than his opponent and who can help set up play with long kicks from the backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back