Number Changes for 2018 [Updated: 06/12/2017]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to eventually add all the previous owners of each number so if you know it, please write it down here and it can be used as a database

For us
48 was last worn by Adam Cockie in 2010
49 was last worn by Derek Hall in the early 90s
50 was last worn by Ryan Turnbull who is the games record holder in the VFL/AFL for that number, although Ben Brown will probably overtake him.

However, Patful at GWS is listed but without an allocated number

Yeah, Patful was never allocated a number because we knew he'd never be playing. However, we do have a gap with no one wearing the #34.

No idea why that number is vacant. The only reason I can think of is that it is "nominally" Patful's, but even that doesn't make a lot of sense as Patful wore #24 which went to De Boer. #34 belonged to Marchbank, so there's really no reason it needed to be left out of the sequence.

We'll see if it gets filled next year.

Yeah, Patful was never allocated a number because we knew he'd never be playing.

Sam Shaw is in the same boat at Adelaide, his number 34 was allocated to a draftee and he wasn't allocated a new number after being re-rookied.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For us
48 was last worn by Adam Cockie in 2010
49 was last worn by Derek Hall in the early 90s
50 was last worn by Ryan Turnbull who is the games record holder in the VFL/AFL for that number, although Ben Brown will probably overtake him.

Sam Gray will be disappointed to learn that he can't keep the #46 next year. :p

Ditto Mason Cox!
All up to date!
Thanks 5Strings for your help over the two threads

Wonder if they hold off on #15 for a year.

Hawks seem like the kinda club that will be like "there's a job to be done, let's focus on our future" and give #15 to a new player they have a lot of faith in. I wonder if Geelong giving Parfitt Bartel's #3 was due to something like that. I'm sure someone can enlighten us

Hawks seem like the kinda club that will be like "there's a job to be done, let's focus on our future" and give #15 to a new player they have a lot of faith in. I wonder if Geelong giving Parfitt Bartel's #3 was due to something like that. I'm sure someone can enlighten us

Fair call. Could well be they ask Hodge. Im sure he would tell them to give it to a talented kid. Glass being elevated would be a great choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back