J Steven (?)
J Cameron
Gawn
Petracca
Cripps
Weitering
Heeney (?)

Any others?

A 1st round pick as in pick 18 isn't worth that much more than pick 45.

Since no one has done Saints I'll make a list of players that would likely command a first round pick.

Steven
McCartin
Hickey
Longer
Carlisle
Acres
Membrey
Bruce
Ross

Then you have Armitage, Billings, Newnes, Savage, Weller and a few others that might be worth a late first - early second depending on the club who's after them. E.g Gold Coast would probably give up a late first for Armitage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically take anyone from a clubs best 5 players for a first rounder. The older they get the value drops. Priddis for example wouldn't net you a first rounder, automatically. He'd very much be borderline.
If under 25 and in your best 5 players for the club then possibly a top 10 pick.
Each clubs best under 25 possibly worth a top 5 pick. With proven youth of more value.
I'd almost suggest Bontempelli would hold the highest value on the trade table in a completely open market.

So if there's 18 clubs id suggest roughly 100 players total could go for a first rounder.

About 20 worth a top 5 pick.

Which current players are worth pick 1?

T Lynch
Dangerfield
Fyfe
Treloar
J Kennedy (WCE)
Franklin
Bontempelli
J Steven (?)
J Cameron
Gawn
Petracca
Cripps
Weitering
Heeney (?)

Any others?

I may be biased but I'd take Dustin Martin over a lot of those blokes.

Basically take anyone from a clubs best 5 players for a first rounder. The older they get the value drops. Priddis for example wouldn't net you a first rounder, automatically. He'd very much be borderline.
If under 25 and in your best 5 players for the club then possibly a top 10 pick.
Each clubs best under 25 possibly worth a top 5 pick. With proven youth of more value.
I'd almost suggest Bontempelli would hold the highest value on the trade table in a completely open market.

So if there's 18 clubs id suggest roughly 100 players total could go for a first rounder.

About 20 worth a top 5 pick.
I get you're objectively right about Bontempelli but I would prefer Daniels ducking and weaving at the stoppages for us. Think Daniels would get at least a first rounder and Bonts two high as a starting point.

I get you're objectively right about Bontempelli but I would prefer Daniels ducking and weaving at the stoppages for us. Think Daniels would get at least a first rounder and Bonts two high as a starting point.

Yeah well all teams have preferences. We'd prefer a tall at either end, but Bonts at 20 years of age is crazy good!

Had an interesting thought while listening to Richmond get flogged that they possibly have the least amount of players that could attract a 1st round pick in a trade. I think this is a pretty good way to look at a list.

I reckon Richmond only have 6, Riewoldt, Rance, Martin, Cotchin, Houli, Deledio and Rioli.

Now remember this is objective and a COULD not WOULD but how many players from your club could attract a 1st round pick?

For WC I have 13;
Gaff, Priddis, Shuey, NN, Lycett, Sheppard, Kennedy, McGovern, Hurn, Barrass, Masten, Darling and Sheed.

Have at it
You be trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back