Opinion Number one scalp 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
O/K who's the team that will give you the most pain to lose against in 2018 the loss that has you wanting to kick the bloody dog,put the boot through the tv.
Is the big one still the Hawks,have Adelaide taken their spot or do you have another in mind.
Still the Hawks for me, a short half head to the Crows.

Good candidates in Hawks and Crows. Can I add Pies in the mix? While they haven’t been contenders for the past half decade they have routinely and annoyingly had our measure. I’d love a convincing win against them in 2018.

Good candidates in Hawks and Crows. Can I add Pies in the mix? While they haven’t been contenders for the past half decade they have routinely and annoyingly had our measure. I’d love a convincing win against them in 2018.
Certainly another complete capitulation to them would do it.

We lose round 1 to that pathetically weak football club I’ll be ropeable.
Also losing to the pies will rip my heart out, I’ll add in if Mason Cox kicks more than 1 goal against us will hurt again

Cox should shout Geelong a free Oklahoma State College jumper or something, as if he didn't regularly look like Carey playing the Cats he'd most likely be back in the USA!

I'd certainly enjoy seeing Geelong try to regain our Tiger ascendency, it's a little galling how a stat one of the posters put up that the Tigers seem to get the Flag whenever they beat the Cats in a final when we're both in the same series. Personally i do think a little like the Dogs of '16, the Tigers played with an extreme amount of passion and intensity, which in the long run isn't as sustainable as skill and game style. A small reduction in that intensity will see them fall back to the pack.

But i still also want to see Geelong beat the Dawks again!

Cox should shout Geelong a free Oklahoma State College jumper or something, as if he didn't regularly look like Carey playing the Cats he'd most likely be back in the USA!

I'd certainly enjoy seeing Geelong try to regain our Tiger ascendency, it's a little galling how a stat one of the posters put up that the Tigers seem to get the Flag whenever they beat the Cats in a final when we're both in the same series. Personally i do think a little like the Dogs of '16, the Tigers played with an extreme amount of passion and intensity, which in the long run isn't as sustainable as skill and game style. A small reduction in that intensity will see them fall back to the pack.

But i still also want to see Geelong beat the Dawks again!

Beating the Hawks is a must, my worse half goes for them and who ever loses has to pay for the day.
The past 2 years we’ve been overseas for 3/4 games and the games been on early so I’ve had quite the enjoyment of late

Richmond for me. Their supporters are obnoxious campaigners who are dining off one win against us like they were the first team to beat us in finals since Gaz Snr was a boy.
2 wins against them then laughing if they miss the 8 with the balance in the force restored please

Hawks.
Looking at their list, and knowing who their coach is, they'll be thereabouts again.
Great defence , and if JOM hits form and luck, they'll have a potent MF.

Hawks.
Looking at their list, and knowing who their coach is, they'll be thereabouts again.

I’d argue there forward line is still their strongest component.
Midfielders don’t work both ways at all.
Backline this year will get punished
But agree the coach is the best player on the hawks list

I’d argue there forward line is still their strongest component.
Midfielders don’t work both ways at all.
Backline this year will get punished
But agree the coach is the best player on the hawks list
Backline is better than that
Their forwards are strong.

It's hard to say who will/won't be relevant and worth scalping at this stage.

Would like to flog Richmond, Adelaide, Doggos, Suns and Hawks. Mostly just to see the reactions.

But there are 17 scalps I would like us to take so there'll be some disappointment regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks.
I expect them to slip backwards on this year to be honest. Hodge was a coach on the ground last year, parked in the backline he literally set up where there defenders took their positions.

Without him and his organisation I expect them to get exposed.

Hawks a bogie side. Nah not anymore.
They’re a free 8 pts.
I don't think it matters Doc how poorly Hawthorn or Collingwood are traveling if they're are going to cause an upset it will be against us,anytime we come away with the 4 pts is a good day.
I feel both are capable of rolling us on their day,we wouldn't want to give either a 4 or 5 goal start.

Maybe Collingwood, but just don’t see it with Hawthorn now. They’ve lost a lot of players, with moderate (at best) replacements.
It might depend on how we play the game,if we man them up and take it to them physically,without Hodge Lewis S Mitchell and co they will crumble how ever if we decide to stand off them,let them chip it around and wait for the mistake we will leave ourselves open.

Any of them.
I HATE losing.
Would be unique to have beaten every team in a season. Sure we did not do that in our flag years- 07 - Hawks, 09- Blues, 11-Bombers

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back