Prediction Numbers for next season - who gets what?

Remove this Banner Ad

3. Josh Smith (smaller numbers look better on smaller players!)
15 - Cox
26 - Brown
34 - Maynard
35 - Daicos
So Cox must keep 46 then ;)

Folks with all the changes coming it's time to revive who gets what number.

Looks like these numbers are going to be available maybe (subject to change ofcourse)

• 15 (if traded out)
  • 26 (if traded out)
  • 35 (jumper rotates out, let's dump this procedure and just give it to Daicos)
Players like Crocker and maybe even Cox might want upgrades.
I could see Ramsay going 3 or Crocker moving up.

And who will be the new 36?

• 3 Jackson Ramsay
  • 15 Mason Cox
  • 26 Callum Brown
  • 27 Daniel Wells (if he arrives)
  • 32 Ben Crocker
  • 34 Josh Smith
  • 35 Josh Daicos (number rotation declared over!)
  • 36 Brayden Sier (assuming club thinks he's going to make it!)
  • 41 Maric or however is the spare spare ruck
Just ideas, floating numbers around. Players may have preferences etc

By the way everyone, is there anyone out there that really thinks the rotating 35 should stay?

I get they tried something different, but it's time to leave it for Daicos I think.

3 - Will Hoskin-Elliottt
6 - Daniel Wells
15 - Mitch Brown
26 - Callum Brown
27 - Brayden Sier
32 - Chris Mayne
34 - Ivan Maric
35 - Josh Daicos
36 - James Stewart
41 - Rookie Pick 1
45 - Rookie Pick 2
47 - Rookie Pick 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really don't understand why the situation with 42 being retired worries people, or why we should bring it back.
I'm not fussed that it is retired. Probably the better number to be rotated through instead of 35. Could even have D.M initials printed on the jumper somewhere. It might hold more meaning

Really don't understand why the situation with 42 being retired worries people, or why we should bring it back.
Good points.
Personally I don't like such high numbers anyway

I think it would be great to see that number back terrorising opposition sides again....its been long enough now.

Could see Maynard in 42
No No No!
i'm not that overly concerned with players numbers but when it comes to 42..NO
Darren Millane was the Raging Bull from Victoria Park! He was inspirational in the 1990 Grand Final!
I was 21 yrs old and cried my eyes out when he was killed, I still have my 28 year old moth riddled woolen Collingwood guernsey with 42 stitched onto the back.
Until some young buck proves his worth on the field and looks like being half the player that Millane was then 42 remains retired.

its that time again where players are retiring, perhaps moved on....
But that also means numbers are available and up for grabs.
Who gets what number?

What we know thus far:

35 will go to first chosen in the draft, OR maybe Josh Daicos?
36 :( will be up for grabs, maybe C Brown? Or if Williams returns home then surely 26 for Brown?
34 who takes Possum eyes' and Mcguanes old number *
3 a nice low number available?

So who,is line for a new number, Sier obviously....
Smith? Cox? Crocker?
Golds (only joking) (seriously only joking)

* interesting McGuane story. Apparantly he always wanted number 4 when he got to Collingwood.
It wasn't available so he settled for 34. When 4 finally became available again, the steward went to Mick and said its available and do you want it. McGuane said, no thank you, I've made my name in 34 so I will stay with it.

I have no doubt in my mind that McGuane will give his opinion on who gets his #34.

I have no doubt in my mind that McGuane will give his opinion on who gets his #34.
And he will chew the ear off giving that opinion ;)
Loves to chat our Mick

It will be interesting whether Brown & Daicos actually want their fathers' numbers.
So many layers to it.
  • The romance of playing in the same jumper as your dad vs wanting to forge your own path.
  • Not wanting to stink it up in the jumper your dad made famous vs Having the confidence in your ability to know you'll make the number your own.
In saying all that though, when #26 has been worn by Marley Williams and #35 gets handed out each yr, not exactly tough to live up to/out-do the recent hype of the jumper

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back