Premium Gold
Sep 23, 2009
SE Suburbs
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints, Boston Celtics
I'd expect 32 to stay vacant.
Nah if Paddy comes back then it needs to be in a different number.

If he is back for 2021 then he gets #22 from Nath Brown.
If he is back for 2022 then he takes #18 from Paddy Ryder.

#14 is reserved for Ben King after Geary retires. Twins in #12 and #14 again.

#2 will go to Whitfield/Williams after Gubby poaches one of them from GWS and Lethers sells "Broke Back" Carlisle to the Giants for Ian Hill ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Punter

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC

#2 will go to Whitfield/Williams after Gubby poaches one of them from GWS and Lethers sells "Broke Back" Carlisle to the Giants for Ian Hill ;)
Darryl Wakelin wore 15.

Saint_Dos

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns

Agree with him coming back in a different number, clean slate and all but I think it would be respectful for them to leave it empty for next season as a sign of commitment to Paddy and him coming back. Would give him a target to come back to rather than feeling replaced.
If he isnt back in 2021 I expect him to be out for good and the number can be reallocated.

borderbarry

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
When I think back on great Saints with these numbers, for 3 there is no shortage of good players, from Rosewarne, Smith, Duperouzel etc, but they were all rovers. 8 I think of Alan Morrow and Glen Elliott, and thats it. 16 of course my all time favourite Saint, Verdon Howell. With 18 its gotta be Cowboy. 20 Jimmy Ross, Payze, and Armo. 27 Peter Bennett. Can anyone think of players who have worn the other empty numbers?

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
When I think back on great Saints with these numbers, for 3 there is no shortage of good players, from Rosewarne, Smith, Duperouzel etc, but they were all rovers. 8 I think of Alan Morrow and Glen Elliott, and thats it. 16 of course my all time favourite Saint, Verdon Howell. With 18 its gotta be Cowboy. 20 Jimmy Ross, Payze, and Armo. 27 Peter Bennett. Can anyone think of players who have worn the other empty numbers?
Max Hudgton wore 8 with distinction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

L_W_P

Premium Gold
Sep 23, 2009
SE Suburbs
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints, Boston Celtics
Xavier was famously handed the #3 by Burkey after his last game. Wish more retiring players did this.

Raph Clarke was in BOTH 16 & 8

Jason Blake was a warrior in 27.

DGontheQT

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
32 - McQualter , Traianidis ? 32 - Forever unclean

Top Bottom