Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole point of wearing the anchor yearly is to embrace the history of the club

We need to cycle through them all

Also I want to own a 3d anchor without paying 600 bucks, they are impossible to find nowadays!
I have one signed by most of the 2006 squad. Went to training with my dad as a kid. Still have it in the cupboard

For mine, the chevrons are much more a part of our history than the anchor.

The chevrons were taken directly from the jumper of the original Fremantle Football Club that played in the WAFL in the 1800s.

That time in the early 2000s when we used the original FFC strip (white jumper with red chevrons, black shorts) was probably one of the best heritage strips we have ever used. Our current jumper design is derived from that.

Its the design we wore at the 2013 GF and the design under which we played our best seasons.

Keep the chevrons! Give up the anchor!

For mine, the chevrons are much more a part of our history than the anchor.

The chevrons were taken directly from the jumper of the original Fremantle Football Club that played in the WAFL in the 1800s.

That time in the early 2000s when we used the original FFC strip (white jumper with red chevrons, black shorts) was probably one of the best heritage strips we have ever used. Our current jumper design is derived from that.

Its the design we wore at the 2013 GF and the design under which we played our best seasons.

Keep the chevrons! Give up the anchor!
I think we should use both. Anchor for the away kit?

No anchor please. Lousy symbolism and Feng Shui faux pas.

Anchors sink to the bottom, they are a deadweight, you aint going nowhere when you drop anchor. Replace it with anything - a dolphin, bullshark, stingray, buccaneer, mariner, crayfish - anything.

OK, maybe not a crayfish.

Can we read anything into Johnson taking 44?

I feel like he has a point to prove and number 44 just adds fuel to his fire as a constant reminder of being overlooked night one!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

44 is not a bad number. At least one Brownlow medallist wore it.

No anchor please. Lousy symbolism and Feng Shui faux pas.

Anchors sink to the bottom, they are a deadweight, you aint going nowhere when you drop anchor. Replace it with anything - a dolphin, bullshark, stingray, buccaneer, mariner, crayfish - anything.

OK, maybe not a crayfish.
Or, when things are chaotic and scary, you through the anchor out for support and stability.

From what I understand, we are not moving away from the purple or the chevrons. However the anchor is also a part of our DNA, and it will be coming back. This is being driven by the playing group, turning around the negative connotations that are associated with it.

The fact that the group is embracing ALL of the club's history, the good and the bad, is huge.

yes, you could think of anchors weighing you down. but that attitude is for losers.

personally i think we should rethink our assumptions.

the anchor should now be considered either a bludgeoning weapon, or a thing that helps you survive storms,...etc.

Anchors aren't used in storms or rough seas are they? Always thought it was the opposite - that it's dangerous too, but I'm not a nautical person.

I always saw the anchor as a strong symbol. Feel like it reflects hard work and perseverence more than anything else. Any symbol can look bad if you lose in it enough, which we did for most of our first 10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back