Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2006
Daylesford
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wizards, Boro, Daylesford
Hey guys,

Recently I bought a new pair of footy boots (Asics) as I thought my old boots had contributed to groin problems last season. I went into Athlete's Foot and was fitted for them, but after my very first training session with them I noticed I had a numb left foot, mainly up the end where the big toe is and underneath where the balls of the feet are.

Didn't really think much of it, but since then I've trained in one other session and played two games...and the sensation is the same. In fact, my whole left foot pretty much went numb during the third quarter last weekend.

My right foot is fine which is the thing I can't get my head around. Also yesterday at work my foot started going numb then too and I was wearing normal shoes which I've never had problems with....

Is there anyone who has had the same problem or knows what I should do???

Hey guys,

Recently I bought a new pair of footy boots (Asics) as I thought my old boots had contributed to groin problems last season. I went into Athlete's Foot and was fitted for them, but after my very first training session with them I noticed I had a numb left foot, mainly up the end where the big toe is and underneath where the balls of the feet are.

Didn't really think much of it, but since then I've trained in one other session and played two games...and the sensation is the same. In fact, my whole left foot pretty much went numb during the third quarter last weekend.

My right foot is fine which is the thing I can't get my head around. Also yesterday at work my foot started going numb then too and I was wearing normal shoes which I've never had problems with....

Is there anyone who has had the same problem or knows what I should do???

I experienced a similar situation along with medial knee pain , chiro believes both were a result of a previous hip and ankle injuries , which went untreated !
I'd suggest going any seeing a chiro sooner rather than later , the longer things are ' out ' the more visits it requires back to the chiro $$$ , to maintain back in position !!

Nah I don't tape my ankles, and I don't think doing them up to tight is a problem either, as I've tried loosening the laces a fair bit on the affected foot. I guess I'll see how it goes at training tomorrow, and then make a decision. Thanks for all the advice guys :)

I get the same thing. Could actually be a back problem - sciatica. Basically you may have a slightly bulged disc in your lower back which sits on the sciatic nerve.

My foot goes numb like a block of meat after about 20 minutes of running continuously - although I don't get it playing footy. Went to the surgeon for a hip problem and he had my hip and back scanned during an MRI which uncovered this problem. If I were you I would get into pilates to strengthen your back and get a scan. If it is a back problem you'd want to know as you wouldn't want to make it worse as management should make it better but making it worse could put you in a world of hurt.

Wow what are the odds just looked up subscribed threads and this popped up.

I no longer have the problem, I started wearing another pair of ordinary socks under my footy socks and eventually it just went away....maybe it was just from wearing in the new boots? I don't know but yeah, that problem is over. Thanks for all the answers guys :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

first of all never go to a chiro.

nothing more than an ankle impingement. i see it ever day at my practices. cant be gout (incredibly painful). if its still going on let me know, ill have a look at it. previous back injury may result in numbness but usually that would cause both feet to go numb (unless the disc has been pushed to one side)

Cheers for the necro. That guys resolved issue from a year ago can rest a little bit easier now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back