Society/Culture Nutters kill 29 (incl children) on a bus in Egypt. Why does nobody care?

Todman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ramadan-Bombathon-2017.jpg

Where do you think the fundies get their arms & bombs from in the first place?
Various sources but mostly regional sympathisers (cough Saudi Arabia cough), hand me down soviet bloc weapons, captured stuff. The region is awash with armaments. I would've thought nearly everyone over there possesses firearms :eek:

Todman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Got the Yemeni numbers by any chance?

2017.06.01 Yemen al-Hazm 6 dead 15 wounded Terrorists set off a bomb at a marketplace that takes six lives.

2017.05.10 Yemen Duaan 1 dead 6 wounded An al-Qaeda suicide bomber kills one other person at a checkpoint.

Sainteric

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
This happened on Friday, but barely rated a mention in the news. It seems that Schapelle Corby returning to Australia is far bigger news.

Where are all of the "Pray for Egypt" slogans and flags littering our facebook feeds? Why don't we see Malcolm Turnbull and Julie Bishop's heads on the idiot box denouncing this despicable act and urging world leaders to do something about it?

Aren't we lucky that an no Australian resident suffered the misfortune of having a car run over their foot in this incident.

The sad fact is that this didn't happen in the UK or Paris or New York, so nobody gives a s**t.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/gunm...stians-in-egypt-governor-20170526-gwec5p.html

1495882670471.jpg
People do care but really the self loathing left driven media like to frame things in oppressor (the west) and the oppressed (muslims preferably palestinans or secondly syrians). If it doesnt fit that paradigm it doesnt get air time; christian deaths at the hands of muslims is hugely under reported.

This is also why the lefty apologises for terrorist attacks some how its the west faults. As the expert Joe H puts it-

Speaking of which, isn't this all just payback for the war in Iraq? Didn't we bring it all upon ourselves?

Don't get me wrong, invading Iraq was probably the stupidest thing any government has done in the 21st century. It was astronomically misguided in its ambition, embarrassingly flawed in its justification and catastrophically deadly in its execution - although strangely you never heard the hand-wringers say the media shouldn't focus on it because it wasn't as bad as WWII.

And Iraq is where ISIS came from right? Its leader is called al-Baghdadi for a reason. Surely proud Arabs are justified in seeking revenge on the Western imperialists who destroyed their homeland?

Unfortunately there are a couple of problems with the space-time continuum on this one. Firstly, the invasion was launched in 2003, following the al-Qaeda attacks that killed almost 3,000 people on September 11, 2001. In other words, Islamic extremists found plenty of excuses to murder civilians long before the US went to war in Iraq.

But that was al-Qaeda right? Isn't Islamic State just fighting back from that invasion?

Well, if so they're fighting the wrong people. The number one western target of Islamic State isn't the US - which has remained relatively immune from direct IS attacks - it's France, which has accounted for more than half the deaths in Europe.

And what did France do during the Iraq War? Absolutely nothing. In fact, it actively opposed it, much to America's displeasure - remember Freedom Fries? And for that ISIS has killed more people in France than in any other Western country. They are either so evil they don't care or so stupid they don't know. Probably both.

https://m.chinchillanews.com.au/news/terrorism-why-left-and-right-are-both-wrong/3186740/

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
2017.06.01 Yemen al-Hazm 6 dead 15 wounded Terrorists set off a bomb at a marketplace that takes six lives.

2017.05.10 Yemen Duaan 1 dead 6 wounded An al-Qaeda suicide bomber kills one other person at a checkpoint.

Ah....So Western media sources are reporting on it.....All be it selectively & spasmodically.

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
^^ ""Flat World Champions".
AFL Club
Richmond
Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Anyone willing to speculate on what today will do to Iranian policy...if anything?
The Sauds and the Qataris along with Baharain are pretty much isolated right now. Everyone knows who is funding ISIL but the continuous support from the freedom loving west means its been swept under the carpet. But now things are changing i believe, Saudi has picked a war with their partner in crime in Qatar and now pissed Iran off. Iran will finish Saudi off in weeks if there is a war.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You should watch this, the guy the ABC is trying to destroy. Make sure you watch to the end.

Tawhidi's Shia. Practically an apostate according to the Sunnis.

Very likely has political (i.e. Muslim politics) reasons for saying what he does.

Jul 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
FFS stop using 'Imam' Tawhidi as a reputable source on Islam.

http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2017/04/11/4651763.htm

It seems to be a common pattern with the right wing in this forum.

You don't see me using Fred Phelps as an example of common Christian thought.

So the moderate Shia reformist is the extremist. For real? Is this real life?

The guy's motives may hardly be pure-- maybe he just wants to be a celebrity-- but to call him an extremist is lol. Shia's are getting blown up by crazy sunni's on the reg & he's the extremist? GTFO.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
FFS stop using 'Imam' Tawhidi as a reputable source on Islam.

http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2017/04/11/4651763.htm

It seems to be a common pattern with the right wing in this forum.

You don't see me using Fred Phelps as an example of common Christian thought.
That article is wrong.

Calling Tawhidi an extremist is pathetically wrong.

He has his own agenda, is most likely a troll, but he is far from an extremist.

Unless promoting western values like females rights is now considered extremist?

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
^lol

I can't see how this obsession with 'left' and 'right' can manifest itself in any other way other than divisiveness and exclusion.

I think most people are actually a bit of both and probably have more in common than either side realises. At the least, perhaps we should all try and find common ground instead of this ridiculous point scoring we see played out here ad nauseam in every ******* thread.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
^lol

I can't see how this obsession with 'left' and 'right' can manifest itself in any other way other than divisiveness and exclusion.

I think most people are actually a bit of both and probably have more in common than either side realises. At the least, perhaps we should all try and find common ground instead of this ridiculous point scoring we see played out here ad nauseam in every ******* thread.
How boring would this forum be if we all just agreed?

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Well, there is that yes lol

But you seem to be able to see both sides so I think perhaps you understand where I'm coming from.

Back