NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just think that what the other company is doing highlights how shitty it is that WWE are so quick to cut people.

Take someone like Steph de Lander. Whether she was a slow learner, or a bad actor, or whatever…

You’d have to be the most blind of WWE marks to think it’s ok to get a 24yo to uproot her whole life to the other side of the world, barely give her an opportunity, and fire her in less than 14 months.

Less than 14 months. That’s some bullshit.
Sorry what????

I don’t care who you work for or whatever industry it is the bottom line is your always just another number, always replaceable.

Plenty of people uproot their lives etc to change jobs, companies , industries, locations and it not work out or be moved on / let go for various reasons.

On the flip side there are plenty of employers that hire people give them all the chances in the world and get shat on by the employee just up and going.

Vince and Tony can hire and fire whoever they like whenever they like.
Why are people crying out saying oh these poor wrestlers, they know WWE have done regular cuts for a number of years now but they are happy to sign the deal in the first place?

I just think that what the other company is doing highlights how shitty it is that WWE are so quick to cut people.

Take someone like Steph de Lander. Whether she was a slow learner, or a bad actor, or whatever…

You’d have to be the most blind of WWE marks to think it’s ok to get a 24yo to uproot her whole life to the other side of the world, barely give her an opportunity, and fire her in less than 14 months.

Less than 14 months. That’s some bullshit.
She had an opportunity it wasn't like she didn't get any TV time or anything, perhaps it was a creative problem more than the talents I don't know but at the end of the day its up to the talent to make whatever gimmick/role they are handed to work and if they can't do it repackage them or move the talent on would you rather she sit in the back in catering and let her contract expire?

Roderick Strong has apparently requested his release
I noticed the last few weeks they've made him repeat the phrase "I'm not gonna let Diamond Mine crumble like my last group did".

Then they release his manager, and he wants out. I'm sure we'll see him in the Undisputed Elite soon.

I noticed the last few weeks they've made him repeat the phrase "I'm not gonna let Diamond Mine crumble like my last group did".

Then they release his manager, and he wants out. I'm sure we'll see him in the Undisputed Elite soon.
Is he still being featured? If he is fair enough that they hold onto him for a bit longer. If he isn’t, better off cutting him loose and letting him go.

Is he still being featured? If he is fair enough that they hold onto him for a bit longer. If he isn’t, better off cutting him loose and letting him go.
Been in promo segs lately, before that he lost 2 NXT North American title qualifier matches, and before that he lost an NXT UK title match in NXT UK.

Jesus, has nxt heard of multi camera shooting? If you’re gonna edit a scene to look like it’s multi camera, why not just do that? Those car park scenes were atrocious, with every single change in camera angle/shot showing guys in instantly different positions, hands, stance, positions etc.

a high school production would do better than that s**t. even TNA!

how can anyone currently under 30 possibly have thought getting a tribal/barbed wire shoulder tattoo is the cool thing to do??

the fact Breakker is only 24 and has that tattoo is even more mystifying.

crowd has been jeering and booing him all match, commentators giving it the Cena treatment and claiming he’s been cheered and supported the whole time.

piped in cheers for his win, crowd silent and stationary. might half work in a big stadium (or still doesn’t), but when we can literally see half the audience and they are standing there mute, it’s embarrasing. * this show is garbage (only giving it a go due day off and bored)

haha and they finish with a guy in a red mask and cape just standing there on the ring apron, and then end the show before anything happens. what a shitshow!

Haha Waller just did the MCG Security dramatised beach ball pop - I have zero doubt that’s what inspired that spot (maybe not MCG, but SCG or whatever was his local)
Didn't Cesaro do that before?
haha and they finish with a guy in a red mask and cape just standing there on the ring apron, and then end the show before anything happens. what a shitshow!
Classic cliffhanger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus, has nxt heard of multi camera shooting? If you’re gonna edit a scene to look like it’s multi camera, why not just do that? Those car park scenes were atrocious, with every single change in camera angle/shot showing guys in instantly different positions, hands, stance, positions etc.

a high school production would do better than that s**t. even TNA!
I miss the old NXT

Imagine being so creatively bankrupt that you can’t come up with anything for Dakota Kai or Persia. Imagine creating a culture where Steph de Lander is a beast, but she’s the one released, not the incompetent writers who couldn’t come up with anything for someone so talented.

I could be wrong, but I think I saw on Twitter this week that she’d just moved into a new home :(

Oh I am so mad about Dakota & Persia. But now I've had some time to calm my farm...

Persia / SDL - absolute beast, I think she is going to thrive on the indies and I saw on Twitter she was taking bookings from June onwards - good for her! A part of me is selfish and wants her to come home, but this is her dream and I want to see her live & slay it.

As for Dakota, while I am upset that they let her go, I think being free is the best thing for her right now. She can have a bit of a reset moment, and go back to wrestling the way she loves. She's so good, SO good. I just don't feel like she had the right opportunities / opponents to show just how amazing she can be.

I re-tuned in to nxt2 when I saw some of his woke skits and backstage stuff - found it hilarious, and was absolutelynptimedbfor Internet memeing.

Now it's just a supernatural vehicle to get Bron over (each week more and more of the crowd turn on him and his bone dimensional cocky meat head act - the early 90s called and they want their "how to be a baby face" back)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back