NXT Takeover: New Orleans

Remove this Banner Ad

What a show.

Every match was 3 1/2 to 4 stars or better with probably 2 close to, if not 5 star matches (ladder match and Gargano v Ciampa).

Also every competitor came out looking stronger than when they went in with no-one just being in a match as filler.

I thought that EC3 was certain to win the NA title, but Cole's win made so much sense after the tag match. (should be 4 1/2 to 5 stars)

Loved the finish to the Moon v Baszler match as it held true to Moon's comments that so long as she was standing she would not give up the title. (was hurt a bit having to follow the ladder match, but nothing could have been placed in this spot, likely 3 1/2 to 4 stars)

The tag match finish was a perfect swerve which I don't think anyone saw coming. Should build to a nice conclusion when Fish returns and has to fit back into the tag picture with Strong and O'Reilly (3 1/2 to 4 stars)

Perfect involvement from Zelina Vega in the championship match, Almas and her likely to go to the main roster now, looking forward to Black vs McIntyre. (4 to 4 1/2 stars)

Gargano and Ciampa again stole the show. The finish was exactly how the story needed to play out with Gargano's hesitation to a cowering Ciampa into the near steal from the bluff and then to Gargano doing what he needed to to get the win. It had a Owens v Zayn feel to it, but took it to the next level. (5 stars, if not higher)

Easily the best TakeOver ever.

What a show.

Every match was 3 1/2 to 4 stars or better with probably 2 close to, if not 5 star matches (ladder match and Gargano v Ciampa).

Also every competitor came out looking stronger than when they went in with no-one just being in a match as filler.

I thought that EC3 was certain to win the NA title, but Cole's win made so much sense after the tag match. (should be 4 1/2 to 5 stars)

Loved the finish to the Moon v Baszler match as it held true to Moon's comments that so long as she was standing she would not give up the title. (was hurt a bit having to follow the ladder match, but nothing could have been placed in this spot, likely 3 1/2 to 4 stars)

The tag match finish was a perfect swerve which I don't think anyone saw coming. Should build to a nice conclusion when Fish returns and has to fit back into the tag picture with Strong and O'Reilly (3 1/2 to 4 stars)

Perfect involvement from Zelina Vega in the championship match, Almas and her likely to go to the main roster now, looking forward to Black vs McIntyre. (4 to 4 1/2 stars)

Gargano and Ciampa again stole the show. The finish was exactly how the story needed to play out with Gargano's hesitation to a cowering Ciampa into the near steal from the bluff and then to Gargano doing what he needed to to get the win. It had a Owens v Zayn feel to it, but took it to the next level. (5 stars, if not higher)

Easily the best TakeOver ever.

100% agree with you here.

I have to agree with the sentiment of everyone else though, that NXT: NOLA was a brilliant show. Not sure how Wrestlemania will about able to top that tomorrow.

The North American Title Ladder Match was my personal favourite since the original TLC days. Seeing the 'big hoss' battle between Sullivan & Killian Dain trying to show one another up with the ladder sequences on the outside was boss. Good first NXT appearances by EC3 & Richohet, but the match really made Adam Cole look like a star.

Excited to see Roddy join the Undisputed Era, hopefully the UE become the dominant stable of NXT over the next 6-12 months before they join the main roster, even when Fish comes back.

Gargano Vs Ciampa. WOW!!! What an amazing build and an incredible match. Should be another 5* match from Metlzer. I will need to rewatch in a few weeks to confirm, but it's currently one of my favourite matches I've ever seen.

what a ******* card wow

ladder match 5 stars everyone involved looked like stars props to ec3 for all the bumps he took

womens title match id give about 4 i was entertained and loved the finish

tag title was great another strong 4 star match

almas/black was batshit insane 4 and a half imo

and gargano/ciampa killed it they seriously blew omega and cody out of the water 5*

yep british strong style vs undisputed era

such an aesthetic, and should be a solid way to actually build them as permanent members of the roster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be brutally honest, Gargano/Champa went far too long imo. Still an excellent match , 5 stars even, but could have been 5-10 minutes shorter. Excellent show.

Wholeheartedly disagree.

Given the length of the feud, and the wait for a payoff, I think it was a great length. They told a story the whole time, and IMO, the match never fell into a lull.

Were some very long matches but they were good enough to be.

My first real (non-house) WWE show! Crowd was... bogan nerdy? Good natured. There to chant but also laugh. Hardly any kids or moms. Very young adult male. That might be different tomorrow. Mildly dreading WrestleMania's gargantuan length. This was just under 4 hours including matches taped for NXT. Long time sitting in an arena seat.

Just finished watching it.

Just a ******* great wrestling show. Apart from the opening song with the band (which worked perfectly) there was nothing except great wrestling. No crazy entrances except Ember who just got a live performance which was nowhere near over the top, no backstage segments, no promos. It was a pure wrestling show for 3 hours and it was ******* incredible.

Just finished watching it.

Just a ******* great wrestling show. Apart from the opening song with the band (which worked perfectly) there was nothing except great wrestling. No crazy entrances except Ember who just got a live performance which was nowhere near over the top, no backstage segments, no promos. It was a pure wrestling show for 3 hours and it was ******* incredible.

and we are Watching it for the Wrestling and Not the Talking and Backstage Stuff

Also I really like Kyle O’Reilly, brilliant seller. Undisputed Era are the type of faction I’ve been waiting for in WWE for a long time

I was thinking the exact same thing watching today looks like someone who understands the business and does all the little things really well .. i lol when he plays guitar with the title

Absolutely sensational and hands down the best Takeover yet. Also having Lzzy Hale playing Ember to the ring was awesome.

My thoughts on the matches have been summer up already but I was expecting more of the old chairs, ladders etc. brutality for Gargano/Ciampa but what they did told the story brilliantly. That match was perfect. I always knew Johnny would win but with rumours of his elevation to the main roster being "imminent" I was half expecting Ciampa to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back