AFL Club
Essendon
11AM AEDT SUNDAY JANUARY 27TH

NXT Championship
Tommaso Ciampa (c) vs Aleister Black

NXT North American Championship
Ricochet (c) vs Johnny Gargano

NXT Tag Team Championship
Kyle O'Reilly (c) and Roderick Strong (c) vs War Raiders (Hanson and Rowe)

NXT Women's Championship
Shayna Baszler (c) vs Bianca Belair

Kassius Ohno vs Matt Riddle

Just like this time last year (& arguably before every other TakeOver for the past 15-18 months): "Hmmm, this could be one of the more average TakeOver events for a while"

Meanwhile, a few hours later after the show: "That may have been the Card of the Year"

=====

- I think most will be looking forward to the NA Title match the most. And if it's given time (which it should be), it will be awesome. I can see the story being Gargano desperately trying to keep Rick O'Shea grounded and succeeding for the first 10 minutes or so... Rick then finally begins to fly... 2.9 counts ensue for both... JG somehow wins by nefarious means.

- Something has to happen in the Riddle vs KO feud. Anything.

- Bianca B(e)lair impresses before falling short. This match could actually be really good as long as BB doesn't get stagefright.

- I can see the tag title match being the sleeper of the night. Not much expectations, but they'll book it perfectly. And I'm 50-50 on the result, so they can really push the near-falls.

- TC vs AB should also be booked well and I can see it being very hard-hitting with a good story being built up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Least good TakeOver since 2017. Crowd didn't help. No big city or WrestleMania weekend smarks. Phoenix seems like America's Perth.

I think they (& I mean the WWE in general, so even when he gets to the main roster) really have to make Aleister Black's character lean to heel or face more somehow. His crowd reactions are just a little too neither here nor there. Gargano has played the (for want of a better term) tweener role much better. The main event was solid today, but the almost confused crowd reactions/feelings towards Black hurt the bout imo.

yea gotta agree wasnt the best takeover we have like it was still good but yea wonder who from nxt will be in the rumble tomoz

also idk why but it was weird seeing someone with coloured laces but i really liked Ciampas design tonight the coloured laces really did it for me lol

Agree with people's thoughts on Black - I think Dream is a much better long-term pairing for Ciampa at the moment.

Ricochet/Gargano and Tag Titles the best of the night otherwise IMO. Surprised at some of the negative press Belair seems to be getting as well - thought she was pretty serviceable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back