Remove this Banner Ad

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
So uhh, a thread for Takeover?

Been great so far, wasn’t keen on the end of Nox and Kai though.

Balor and Gargano was an absolute banger, best Balor match I’ve seen personally.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I can't even begin to explain how much I hated that main event. All I want is to be able to suspend disbelief and get lost in good wrestling.

Congratulations Cole & Ciampa. You now have to rehab all your big moves, cos none of them mean jack s**t any more. I don't mind kicking out of each others finishing move during a big match, it's why people loved the Rock and Austin. But don't take an Air-raid Crash on the edge of the apron before being the next one to pop up and hit an offensive move. And don't take a Panama Sunrise on the outside of the ring, get rolled back in, and immediately bounce back up to hit a DDT off the ropes.

I know it's definitely not exclusive to today - but I also really ******* hate that spot where everyone's dead on the outside, then we get the finish, and everyone is miraculously healed again, jumping in the ring to celebrate. At least sell the match you've had and spots you were just involved in.

It's such smarky bullshit to try and pop a crowd, but ultimately it exposes to all of us that none of what's been portrayed means anything.

Also, am I the only one that can't get into Riddell? And when I say "can't get into", I mean really friggen hate him? The "bro" thing is annoying is s**t, his selling sucks, and he has a rubbish look. They're wasting Pete Dunne.

Dream should've turned up during the main event interference to set up the Roderick match. And while I love approaching Ciampa and Gargano from a different angle - cos let's be honest, for the dominance of the UE over the last year, this show goes as Ciampa and Gargano take it - I could've waited another 6 months before they went down this path again.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
I can't even begin to explain how much I hated that main event...

Agree very much with what you said about over finished/done NXT takeover matches. Great effort and execution in this but too many moves for the sake of moves and kicking out of ridiculous bull s**t. So much of it shouldn't have been done unless it was to be the finish or lead directly to it.

On Riddle though yes sorry it's just you. They should be strapping a rocket to him and riding it to the moon.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades

Usually agree with Zane but I feel like he was off on a few ratings here. Gargano vs Balor is probably the best match i've seen all year and the Ripley/Belair match was just about the most hard hitting womens bout i've ever seen. Some real impressive stuff. I enjoyed Tegan vs Kai but there is no way it was better than the aforementioned matches.

The whole show was stunning by the way. Everything at least a 4/5 and a few better than that.

Also, i'm not feeling Gargano vs Ciampa again. The last thing I feel is necessary is a heel Jonny Wrestling. I don't see how it works unless Balor turns face or they push a Cameron Grimes type (which i'd love) as a face. Or just hurry up and bring over Tyler Bate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back