NXT TakeOver: WarGames (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dream is an honest-to-goodness star - to the point I don't want him called up out of fear of how badly the Main Roster writers will butcher him.

Three of the better matches I've seen at the top end of the card.

Yeah its actually ridiculous. Especially those 2 singles matches. Just great matches. That's what it's all about

Dream is an honest-to-goodness star - to the point I don't want him called up out of fear of how badly the Main Roster writers will butcher him.

Seems everyone who gets properly over in NXT is watered down on the main roster because Vince can't take credit for them.

Super concerned he will become a joke act on the main roster.

But he's 23!! And he's ******* fantastic. ******* him up will be one of the dumbest things WWE could do.

Super concerned he will become a joke act on the main roster.

But he's 23!! And he's ******* fantastic. ******* him up will be one of the dumbest things WWE could do.

Poor bastard has quickest Royal Rumble elimination ever tattooed all over him.
Will be jobbed out to the sound of crickets a few weeks after main roster debut.

Wonder if undisputed era get called up

I hope not, I can see Vinnie Mac putting them in feuds with the Ascension and Slater and Rhyno.

When you consider that a few years ago the Ascension vs Undisputed Era would have been must see viewing speaks volumes of how the main roster frequently fails to build on NXT success stories.

Vince McMahon: "I think he's androgynous, team him with with Goldust. It'll be hilarious damn it."

Last edited:
Just got around to watching this. Awesome matches not one bad match kinds of amazing in today's wwe. Man didn't think I'd like velveteen dream when he started but he's awesome and see improvements every time I see him. That wargames match insane. So many good wrestlers ready to be called up can't wait. Than see how quickly Vince and his writing crew waste them

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Just got around to watching this. Awesome matches not one bad match kinds of amazing in today's wwe. Man didn't think I'd like velveteen dream when he started but he's awesome and see improvements every time I see him. That wargames match insane. So many good wrestlers ready to be called up can't wait. Than see how quickly Vince and his writing crew waste them

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

NXT is WWE without Vince doing his awful 1980s s**t.

Just caught up in watching this. Wow top to bottom a great PPV. NXT so much better to watch than the main roster at the moment.

Really enjoyed Shayna v Sane. Maybe a little overbooked with the outside interference but the action was great. How good was the moonsault to the outside by Io and the kick from Dakota?

Black V Gargano was great as was Ciampa V Dream. So many false finishes in the title match had me thinking Dream might actually go over. Liked the Hogan mocking too during his entrance and using the leg drop etc. He is going to be a star; so much charisma.

The War Games match was outstanding too. The Undisputed Era are so good. I for one hope they stay on NXT forever. They will just get buried on the main roster. Richochet off the top of the cage; wowee!

NXT is a throwback to the old style of wrestling booking for me with new high flying moves. I think it actually benefits the show being only 1 hour per week with a major PPV every few months. Means the matches and storylines can be built over a longer period of time and it seems to mean a bit more than the haphazard booking on the main shows. It's probably why the fans seem more invested in the NXT product. The sooner HHH takes over from Vince on the main show the better IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NXT is a throwback to the old style of wrestling booking for me with new high flying moves. I think it actually benefits the show being only 1 hour per week with a major PPV every few months. Means the matches and storylines can be built over a longer period of time and it seems to mean a bit more than the haphazard booking on the main shows. It's probably why the fans seem more invested in the NXT product. The sooner HHH takes over from Vince on the main show the better IMHO.

Taping majority of the tv (and ppv) at one location helps a lot with getting the 'right' crowd reaction. Plus with NXT you have the ability to offer more fresh match ups compared to the main roster.

Ciampa vs black
Dunne vs ricochet
Gargano vs dream vs Adam Cole number one contenders match

In other words god knows but I can’t wait to find out

I like this card. Book it now!

Lars Sullivan probably needs to be there somewhere but is him vs anyone not mentioned above a big enough match for a Takeover?

Lars Sullivan probably needs to be there somewhere but is him vs anyone not mentioned above a big enough match for a Takeover?

Lars will most likely be on the main roster by then considering he's already had promos hyping his debut on Survivor Series, Raw & Smackdown (I haven't watched today's Raw, but last week he was promoted)

Crazy how there is like 6 people at the top of the card here, yet they've made it interesting for a year. Whilst on Raw you've got like 10-12 people who are high up there but they churn out the same 3 boring matches every week and PPV

Crazy how there is like 6 people at the top of the card here, yet they've made it interesting for a year. Whilst on Raw you've got like 10-12 people who are high up there but they churn out the same 3 boring matches every week and PPV
Because they've all only faced each other once, with the exception of Ciampa/Gargano. That coupled with the fact that they have compelling stories leading up to every match, and they're allowed to wrestle their own style with very few limitations, leads to a great product.

Because triple h knows how to book and basically books it like the nwa in the territory days take dream and gargano they hardly ever win on take over specials but always look a threat it’s logical booking that gets them over.

Because triple h knows how to book and basically books it like the nwa in the territory days take dream and gargano they hardly ever win on take over specials but always look a threat it’s logical booking that gets them over.

Yep. To be honest I'm starting to want a few things instead of blokes like these guys called up to the main roster and that is:

- Just enjoying NXT for what it is now. They're putting on amazing shows and clearly the guys won't be anywhere near as special on the main roster due to booking

- Actually hoping that this Elite show becomes something big and forces WWE to actually try. I kind of get annoyed at the Elite guys especially the Bucks for thinking they're really cool for not going to WWE but at this point I can't blame them. At the same time I kind of condescend myself by thinking the product could get better if they came to the E and had a little creative licence. Hmm who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back