NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
so next week it's a 60 min Ironman match to decide new champion: Ciampa vs Gargano vs Balor vs Cole

I felt like I was eating chocolate when that was announced, cos I had half a bar.

That said, the excitement was purely about match quality. The more I thought about it, I'm not sure I'm excited for any of them to be champion - it feels like a step back/transition move regardless of where it goes. Ciampa needs to flesh out the new character, Balor hasn't felt important since the WALTER program went to hell straight after an already-weak face turn, Cole has only just lost the belt and feels like he should be headed to the main roster, and Gargano's heel character just isn't good.

On the other newsworthy part of the show, I'm so disappointed as a fan who commits to these people, and disappointed for Breezango themselves, that they couldn't have made today's title switch any more low key if they'd tried. That deserved to be a big deal - Breeze in particular is a really well-liked guy in "the NXT universe" and his first WWE title win deserved to be treated as a big deal. It was never going to Bayley-at-NXTBrooklyn level, especially in the COVID era, but Breeze is in that upper echelon of guys that NXT fans are really attached to because he's one of theirs.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
presumably it would be the same for next week also?

bit lame to have a disputed finish to carry over to next week.

It's ******* lame to have them on free tv at all if you're going to ruin the match with ad breaks. That last half an hour was intolerable. I think they thought the picture in picture on USA Network would help - it had the opposite effect, it just made it obvious how many friggen ad breaks there was, and it made you think you were missing important parts of the match like when there was the three-way submission during the break.

I personally thought the match was a bit mediocre given the enormous talent involved. I just think the WWE formula for multi-man matches where they generally only want 2 people involved doesn't work. There was a lot of guys waiting around for their spots during this match, which takes me right out of it.

I'm a big fan of Legado del Fantasma, and I think their song is a banger. I'm so over Rhea Ripley though. Her promos are getting worse.

Back