NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

So I finally got around to watching Walter vs Dragunov 2. Best match I've watched in years. I loved 1 but I thought this was better. What an awesome story they told - the hardened little battler vs the overpowering monster. Every move made sense, they worked the crowd beautifully, it looked great (bar one tiny, tiny bit which was the fault of the production crew where they showed a slo-mo of a Walter kick and you could see him the do the thigh slap - that's on the production crew because it looked awesome in real time), there was nothing that looked really dangerous ala say the Misawa Tiger Driver which I always hated but it looked tough as hell. You couldn't do that match all the time but geez, as a main event it was pretty much flawless.

It could have been on an All-Japan card in the late 80s/early 90s up there with Tsuruta vs Tenryu or the Bulldogs vs Malenkos or Kobashi/Kikuchi vs Kroffat/Furnas and it wouldn't have looked out of place. In fact, it would be pushing them for best match of the night against some of the greatest matches ever. As a jaded old fan, it made me happy.
Yep

Was good to see a title-change actually feel like it meant something for once.

Surely this is the start of the refresh.

Dare say everyone from LA Knight, Gargano, Lumis, Ciampa, KOR , Dunne etc will all be apart of the draft or released if they don't wish to be on the main roster.

Joe has the worst luck. Can see why they never pulled the trigger with him on the main roster.

Fatal 4 way now for the title? Knight or Dunne please.

Very much doubt it will feature Knight or Dunne. Given what has gone on with going for a rebuild of NXT it will be pure developmental and all the guys like Dunne or Knight will be on Raw or Smackdown now or people like Ciampa who doesn't want a main roster run due to the schedule will be moved on.

Very much doubt it will feature Knight or Dunne. Given what has gone on with going for a rebuild of NXT it will be pure developmental and all the guys like Dunne or Knight will be on Raw or Smackdown now or people like Ciampa who doesn't want a main roster run due to the schedule will be moved on.
Are they touring atm? Surely ciampa wouldn't turn down one show a week.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a number 1 contender fatal 4 day set for this week with Knight, Dunne, Ciampa and O'Reilly - so you'd assume one of those guys is going to be the next champ.

Until something actually happens, I wouldn't get too carried away with the "purely developmental" talk. They're still going to have champions and still going to want to attract and maintain an audience. Just the focus will be on developing people from within rather than raiding the indies as they've done for the last few years.

Surely this is the start of the refresh.

Dare say everyone from LA Knight, Gargano, Lumis, Ciampa, KOR , Dunne etc will all be apart of the draft or released if they don't wish to be on the main roster.
Surely MSK get called up or released and the Diamond Mine guys win the tag titles? Odyssey Jones is a young big man under 30, he fits their description of what they want also. He could be a NA champ or NXT champ.

I'm picturing the new NXT to be like the WCW Power Plant.

Surely MSK get called up or released and the Diamond Mine guys win the tag titles? Odyssey Jones is a young big man under 30, he fits their description of what they want also. He could be a NA champ or NXT champ.

I'm picturing the new NXT to be like the WCW Power Plant.

MSK will be on the main roster surely, could see them having some good matches with the USOs, Profits, New Day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back