NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus these two guys fighting Keith Lee are 100% cringe. Those entrances are embarrassing.
No bloke over 6ft3 should be rolling around in bike shorts. Just so NQR.

And Priest just looks like a wannabe nobody. Tall, reasonable shape, and long hair. That’s absolutely it.

Jesus these two guys fighting Keith Lee are 100% cringe. Those entrances are embarrassing.

And Priest just looks like a wannabe nobody. Tall, reasonable shape, and long hair. That’s absolutely it.
The Priest moniker is murdering him. Punishment Martinez was a money gimmick.

Dijakovic is a freak

For something they've hyped so prolifically, that triple threat title match was absolute hot garbage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dijakovic is a freak
Awkward looking bloke, with awkward looking gear and theme. No doubt pretty agile for size, but looks so unsure of himself.

And what’s with the waay early finish? If it was live, I’d presume it’s because lees melon was squashed so they went straight to the finish.. but clearly not live, and if there was some doubt, the OTT “swisshhhhh” nightstick sound was the dead giveaway

Imagine having to wrestle a ladder match, going back-first through ladders and no creative editing whatsoever to save some bumps, in front of no one.

giphy.gif

Liked the finish to the main event, the actual match though sucked.
Agreed, liked the finish. The 'match' should have been traditional though, the filmic style was to its detriment.

As someone said earlier, this style puts a strain on the wrestlers acting wise, not so much because they're bad actors but because it re-contextualises it for the audience. Instead of focusing on the wrestling and enjoying the wrinkles of the 'performance' behind it, we're now focusing on the acting and the wrestling is secondary.

It's why I didn't like the Taker/Styles match but enjoyed Cena/Wyatt. At least Cena/Wyatt essentially did away with the pretence of being a 'match' and just became a great promo/video package. All subjective of course though, I know quite a few people rated the Boneyard.

It's why I didn't like the Taker/Styles match but enjoyed Cena/Wyatt. At least Cena/Wyatt essentially did away with the pretence of being a 'match' and just became a great promo/video package. All subjective of course though, I know quite a few people rated the Boneyard.

Boneyard at least didn’t have a match, or rules, or a ref. I started by saying, why didn’t he drag along a ref like Final Deletion, but in hindsight it was the right choice. It existed as something other than a wrestling match.

This one tried to do both and lost me. Was legit bored by it up until the end. I just sit there looking for the clear camera cuts where they’ve had a drink. Freshened up, talked through the next scene, and then get back to it.
Just doesn’t work as an actual “match”.

no more cinematic matches for at least 6 months. I've had enough!

It's complete overkill, having them all so close together. Same with these ladder matches, and a ladder match-themed PPV coming up!

I know they haven't got much choice at the moment, and now is probably the best time to "experiment" if you're ever going to, but they've run this sort of thing into the ground already IMO.

I know this all basically occurred in a different parallel universe, but there's more than few reasons to find any ref bump spots involving Drake Wuertz hard to believe:

For those that don't know, Wuertz (AKA 'The Psycho Shooter' Drake Younger, all of 5'8", 180lbs) was World Heavyweight Champion of Combat Zone Wrestling (which is now the second-longest running active wrestling promotion in the US, behind only WWE, first promoting shows in 1998) for 567 days from July 2008-January 2010, and also spent a combined 454 days (across two reigns) as CZW's Ultraviolent Underground champion as well. He retired from being an active wrestler around 5 months shy of his 30th birthday, was inducted into the CZW Hall of Fame in 2016.

It's kind of surreal to see what he once did, and that he eventually became a WWE ref.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back