Society/Culture NZ to Ban Foreign Home Buyers. Should Australia follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah the toddler response. Can’t debate on arguments so I will just go I don’t agree and continue to live in ignorance. Good call if you never won’t to learn anything. There is heaps wrong with the current political and economic systems that disadvantage the young and low income classes but trade is not one of them.

Stop derailing this thread and behaving like a tool.

It looks as though this thread has been effectively derailed by the usual left/right paradigm characters now CC.

It's a pity. May as well shut it up now.

Stop derailing this thread and behaving like a tool.

It looks as though this thread has been effectively derailed by the usual left/right paradigm characters now CC.

It's a pity. May as well shut it up now.
I often wonder if it's a conscious tactic to deliberately derail threads, or they are just THAT thick.

New Zealand is putting through its ban on foreign home buyers (australians and Singaporeans excluded)

I never thought of New Zealand as being a place that has a lot of homeless, but apparently they do. Housing in select ares has become unaffordable

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceani...igners-from-buying-homes-20180811-p4zwwi.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-home-ownership-in-amended-bill-idUSKBN1JF01F

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/property/102614988/why-the-foreign-buyer-ban-is-bad-law
Good on them. Should be a limit of one house per permanent residence household and a total ban on non permanent residents owning residential property. That will drive house prices down.

Housing used to be considered a basic necessity.

Now it is been seen as an investment tool to build wealth.
And the politicians in the three.major parties wont do.anything because they need the tax revenue to.fund their election time bribes and almost all.of them own investment properties themselves.

And the politicians in the three.major parties wont do.anything because they need the tax revenue to.fund their election time bribes and almost all.of them own investment properties themselves.

Politicians owning investment properties and then being expected to make policy decisions on tax benefits and foreign investment in property is an a major issue.
How many politicians are going to vote against their own financial interests?

Politicians owning investment properties and then being expected to make policy decisions on tax benefits and foreign investment in property is an a major issue.
How many politicians are going to vote against their own financial interests?

Please stop speaking too much common sense in this thread, it might explode.

Internationalism has allowed the working classes to flourish in Australia. We are an exporting nation of resource industries which hire mostly unskilled workers. Kill off trade and all those people have no jobs. Not to mention kill off trade and watch real costs sky rocket making everyone including those working classes dramatically poorer in terms of purchasing ability. Do you want the cost of a jumper that is now 25 dollars to be 100 dollars. Cos that is what will happen. Tv prices will probably triple.

Ordinarilly would agree. But disagree. Our obsession with high immigration will mean prices are kept in check as either a( Supply increases or b) Imports flourish.

As to the OP. Of course. Housing is a necessity like food, education, health. The fact we sell it off to * knows who is insane. This country has lost the plot.

Housing used to be considered a basic necessity.

Now it is been seen as an investment tool to build wealth.

Bingo!

But blame Labor, no blame liberal......blah, blah, blah...........spin, rinse, repeat.

No wonder this country is overpopulated with morons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ordinarilly would agree. But disagree. Our obsession with high immigration will mean prices are kept in check as either a( Supply increases or b) Imports flourish.

As to the OP. Of course. Housing is a necessity like food, education, health. The fact we sell it off to **** knows who is insane. This country has lost the plot.
Either Importing goods or the people to make the same goods essentially has the same end result for the consumers living here. Cheaper prices. When people are against globalisation I assume they are against trade and immigration. I’ve never met anyone against trade but pro high immigration rates.

Last edited:
Bingo!

But blame Labor, no blame liberal......blah, blah, blah...........spin, rinse, repeat.

No wonder this country is overpopulated with morons.

Yep, It doesn't matter who turned the tap on, both Labor and Liberals and now The Greens have let the water flow for far too long.
How many Greens members have investment properties would be an interesting read. Philosophically I would think it should be against their core values.

It doesn't matter who turned the tap on, both Labor and Liberals and now The Greens have let the water flow for far too long. How many Greens members have investment properties would be an interesting read
Not many given their housing policies are actually good. Although greens are irrational so they may own investment properties and just be stupid.

Yep, It doesn't matter who turned the tap on, both Labor and Liberals and now The Greens have let the water flow for far too long.
How many Greens members have investment properties would be an interesting read. Philosophically I would think it should be against their core values.

Virtue signalling psychopathic w***ers of the highest order. Their empathic ploys are all a part of their manipulative powerplay. They're as sincere as a pedophile in a kindergarten.

As for the Labor Party, Kim Beazley Snr saw it coming a long way out:

"When I joined the Labor Party, it contained the cream of the working class. But as I look about me now, all I see are the dregs of the middle class. When will you middle class perverts stop using the Labor Party as a cultural spittoon?" – Kim Beazley Snr to an ALP State Conference, circa 1970

The Australian working man & woman have been abandoned by the outright white anting of their grassroots political party.

At least with the libs, you know they don't give a stuff. They are the devil we know.

Virtue signalling psychopathic w***ers of the highest order. Their empathic ploys are all a part of their manipulative powerplay. They're as sincere as a pedophile in a kindergarten.

As for the Labor Party, Kim Beazley Snr saw it coming a long way out:

"When I joined the Labor Party, it contained the cream of the working class. But as I look about me now, all I see are the dregs of the middle class. When will you middle class perverts stop using the Labor Party as a cultural spittoon?" – Kim Beazley Snr to an ALP State Conference, circa 1970

The Australian working man & woman have been abandoned by the outright white anting of their grassroots political party.

At least with the libs, you know they don't give a stuff. They are the devil we know.
What did labour expect when they correctly gave the unskilled workers kids of the 60s and 70s free university education that would give them high paying jobs and make them strong critical thinkers? That their kids would support labour employment policies that unjustly penalised them while rewarding laziness, incompetence and union corruption? That’s ridiculous. Instead they created economic centre right people with strong progressive social values who rejected the church.

Either Importing goods or the people to make the same goods essentially has the same end result for the consumers living here. Cheaper prices. When people are against globalisation I assume they are against trade and immigration. I’ve never met anyone against trade but pro high immigration rates.

No trade is 100% free as if it were we wouldn't bother with borders to begin with.

In vancouver they have a percentage of housing being built that can never be owned by investors.... little starter 2 bedroom places and the rules are if you dont live there, you cant rent it out. Designed to get first buyers into the market - they are a fair whack cheaper than normal places - with van properties facing the same sorts of pressures we have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back