Lavington
Wang Rovers
Wodonga
North Albury
Corowa-Rutherglen
Myrtleford

Morris Medal: Joel Mackie (ALB)
Strang Medal: Matt Fowler (ALB)
Best First Year Player: Charlton-White (NA)

Hard to say only Albury looks like a lock for top spot

Albury
Wangaratta
Yarrawonga
Lavington
Wang Rovers
Wodonga Raiders
Wodonga
North Albury
Myrtleford
Corowa-Rutherglen

Albury
Yarrawonga
Wangaratta
Wangaratta Rovers
Wodong Raiders
Lavington
Wodonga
North albury
Myrtleford
Corowa

I see Nick Whiterod has been transfered in his job he will be a very good pick up for Goolwa in South Aust,Can anyone shed some light on how he went for Corowa?

With practice matches only just around the corner i'm guessing most clubs would have their lists close to finalised. Could we perhaps get some people in the know at each club to provide the ins and outs for the year. It seems for the third straight year that the league has lost more than it has gained which is a bit of a concern. But particularly with clubs like Wodonga and North Albury that seem to have had a pretty high turn over of players a bit of educated info would be good to read on the forum

The O & M are going to struggle to hold onto the fringe players as well as good reserves players as they can go out to the bush leagues and get $100+ to play out there. It seems these days players are more interested in chasing the coin rather than testing themselves and trying to break into a side who is playing in one of the best country football leagues going around. Same applies with loyalty to clubs, people crossing clubs for more money.
As for the ladder Albury & Yarra straks ahead of the pack, Wang & Rovers should sure up the next few spots and as for the others will come down to injuries as well as late signings and consistency of young players as to who will finish where
Albury
Yarra
Wang
Rovers
Lavington
Raiders
North Albury
Wodonga
Myrtleford
Corowa

Have heard a whisper that will potentionally rock the ovens and murray and counrty victoria into frenzy! Albury Tigers looks to be on the attack early to secure the services of the one and only...yes you guessed it - BRENDAN FEVOLA!! Only very early days obviously, but spargo has been in contact with Fevolas management team, and they've assured him all serious offers will be considered if he is dumped by the AFL. With Albury having no shortage of backers, they would surely be considered a front runner. If this pans out it will be the biggest thing the O&M has ever seen. Heard it here first

Have heard a whisper that will potentionally rock the ovens and murray and counrty victoria into frenzy! Albury Tigers looks to be on the attack early to secure the services of the one and only...yes you guessed it - BRENDAN FEVOLA!! Only very early days obviously, but spargo has been in contact with Fevolas management team, and they've assured him all serious offers will be considered if he is dumped by the AFL. With Albury having no shortage of backers, they would surely be considered a front runner. If this pans out it will be the biggest thing the O&M has ever seen. Heard it here first

Your dreaming !!!!

Your dreaming !!!!

Not sure I agree with you Ringo.. It's quite likely that albury HAVE spoken to his management and that they'll definitely consider all options. Depends on what they offer to him to predict if they get him. Have heard beaconsfield have offered $60k for Fev, doubt Albury could match that, and to get him to do the extra travelling, assuming that Fev will live in Melb, means, if that figures correct, they'd need $70k +...

My guess is Fev would play a year in the VFL, hope to dominate and maybe get one last crack. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Does anyone have news on any other losses/gains to O & M clubs. The Border Mail Website does not provide much in the way of footy news!

The O & M are going to struggle to hold onto the fringe players as well as good reserves players as they can go out to the bush leagues and get $100+ to play out there. It seems these days players are more interested in chasing the coin rather than testing themselves and trying to break into a side who is playing in one of the best country football leagues going around. Same applies with loyalty to clubs, people crossing clubs for more money.

You are right Greg, there are serious fears that the O&M Reserves competition will continue to struggle and maybe not even exist in a few years. This will continue to be the case if O&M clubs do not address the massive difference to what senior O&M players get paid compared to Reserves. As long as clubs continue to play one player $1500- $2000+ per game the reserves players will continue to be disgruntled with their $25 and take the $100 on offer at bush clubs. And I don't blame them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are right Greg, there are serious fears that the O&M Reserves competition will continue to struggle and maybe not even exist in a few years. This will continue to be the case if O&M clubs do not address the massive difference to what senior O&M players get paid compared to Reserves. As long as clubs continue to play one player $1500- $2000+ per game the reserves players will continue to be disgruntled with their $25 and take the $100 on offer at bush clubs. And I don't blame them.

Only drama then for those bush clubs is Thurgoona then offer them $105:D:D

There is at least one club I know of who pays some of their better reserves/fringe seniors players as much as those 'bush clubs' for playing O&M ressies. One look at results from recent seasons makes it a little obvious, but the way I see it if they are in a position to do it, good luck to them!
Let's not forget, overspending clubs and greedy footballers are not a new phenomenon! They've both been around longer than most of us. As long clubs (O&M or 'Bush Clubs') keep throwing the cash about, who can blame players who keep putting there hands out.

And the rest mate, i know our club has tried recruiting some O and M fringe/2's players and those guys are wanting $150-200 minimum. Its a bit of a joke really considering they play in a sub-standard 2's comp these days. I think we'd prefer sticking to developing our kids at Henty.:thumbsu:

You are right, there has been a trend of O & M reserves players automatically thinking they are shoe-ins to play seniors at the more prominant bush clubs, when in reality the O & M depth has dropped off significantally and these same players requesting 150-200 minimum might end up playing 2's out bush as well.

You are right, there has been a trend of O & M reserves players automatically thinking they are shoe-ins to play seniors at the more prominant bush clubs, when in reality the O & M depth has dropped off significantally and these same players requesting 150-200 minimum might end up playing 2's out bush as well.

I've mentioned this before but I still believe that points-based salary cap system that rewards a club for developing and retaining local talent is the only way to go. If it was put in place state-wide (or at least within the local region) it could increase loyalty, reduce overall player payments and improve the resources put into junior development. Might also keep struggling clubs above the poverty line.

I've mentioned this before but I still believe that points-based salary cap system that rewards a club for developing and retaining local talent is the only way to go. If it was put in place state-wide (or at least within the local region) it could increase loyalty, reduce overall player payments and improve the resources put into junior development. Might also keep struggling clubs above the poverty line.

I think you're on the money Krusty123. You will find most leagues are reluctant with points systems unless it’s a state wide or even national initiative. One in all in. Interesting I heard SA have gone a points system state wide. I think that trumps Vic who have tended to dabble around the fringes with points systems

Remove this Banner Ad

Back