O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Big News from the Pigeons Nest

Luke Hammond to return from Golden Square, if Craig Ednie leaves !!!!!:cool:

More info, if that's alright tiger.. Pretty sure those 2 are pretty good mates, so would be surprised if that was the case. I know yarra have tried to get luke back for the last few years, but snout was never mentioned as a reason why they werent successful.

If it was, he would've signed last year, as the word on the street was ednie was going to rennie after he came back from o/s.. That, and from the little I know about Luke hammond is that he wouldn't hold a grudge against anyone means I reckon you're off the mark.

More info, if that's alright tiger.. Pretty sure those 2 are pretty good mates, so would be surprised if that was the case. I know yarra have tried to get luke back for the last few years, but snout was never mentioned as a reason why they werent successful.

If it was, he would've signed last year, as the word on the street was ednie was going to rennie after he came back from o/s.. That, and from the little I know about Luke hammond is that he wouldn't hold a grudge against anyone means I reckon you're off the mark.

craig ednie will stay at yarra

Another lavvy recruit in the paper today, hopefully this doesn't disturb Tim sansons 'home grown talent policy' he installed in the last year of his tenure. Might have to put up with more of his dribble in the border mail if this raid on outside talent continues.

You might be missing the point leather.....
Big Timmy was cranky about Albury poaching kids from other OM clubs....
Correct me if I am wrong, Box, but bringing them in from outside, Saker, Dixon, Bartel, Harris only strengthens up the comp.
Also, Mitch Palmer is an ex-Lavi kid coming back to the club from Holbrook.
The timing is interesting for him with Sanson out, Palmer in.
Is that coincidence or what?

You might be missing the point leather.....
Big Timmy was cranky about Albury poaching kids from other OM clubs....
Correct me if I am wrong, Box, but bringing them in from outside, Saker, Dixon, Bartel, Harris only strengthens up the comp.
Also, Mitch Palmer is an ex-Lavi kid coming back to the club from Holbrook.
The timing is interesting for him with Sanson out, Palmer in.
Is that coincidence or what?

Chicken would've come back this year regardless of who was coaching. Sadly he chose to leave at the wrong time a couple of years. His tackling pressure, attack on the ball and pace would've been ideal during 2010 and I'd suggest he would've been good enough to play all 18 games in 2009. That said he's gone out the road for a couple of years played some great footy, gained some experience and more confidence and he has been leading the way so far with pre-season. Great to have him back

How many more players have albury picked up? old jossy is ruining the comp..
Yarra lost many, i hear that mcmillian is coming back to the o&m, is he really that good anyway?
Has lavi's new coach bought a few vfl lads with him? can they keep the good form up for two seasons??
I hear alot of player are not happy at wang magpies, have heard the Whelans are gone can anyone fill me in?
Raiders have picked up some guns spending big for Lamberts last yr, why not... Rose is apparently a superstar and will tare the comp a new ass... any more recruits that i havent heard of?
Very Quiet on around the North camp, have they recruited anyone.. they never seem to pick many players up.. they lost a few up north didnt they?
Rovers picked up a few expect improvement, still along way to go i would sugest, karl norman and andy hill need help, any good young kids coming through?
Wodonga very active early in the off season, bevan charlton-white good or bad? few big name players from the vfl, more experience for the young club will be fantastic, top 5?????
did myrtleford get brad murray? i hear they lost joel coombes big loss have they picked up many more, great to see them off the bottom of the ladder
Aaron heniman a big pick up for them, will he be able to bring players with him, back at his home, Mooney has done a great job with his young crew?

Yarra lost many, i hear that mcmillian is coming back to the o&m, is he really that good anyway?
Has lavi's new coach bought a few vfl lads with him? can they keep the good form up for two seasons??
I hear alot of player are not happy at wang magpies, have heard the Whelans are gone can anyone fill me in?
Raiders have picked up some guns spending big for Lamberts last yr, why not... Rose is apparently a superstar and will tare the comp a new ass... any more recruits that i havent heard of?
Very Quiet on around the North camp, have they recruited anyone.. they never seem to pick many players up.. they lost a few up north didnt they?
Rovers picked up a few expect improvement, still along way to go i would sugest, karl norman and andy hill need help, any good young kids coming through?
Wodonga very active early in the off season, bevan charlton-white good or bad? few big name players from the vfl, more experience for the young club will be fantastic, top 5?????
did myrtleford get brad murray? i hear they lost joel coombes big loss have they picked up many more, great to see them off the bottom of the ladder
Aaron heniman a big pick up for them, will he be able to bring players with him, back at his home, Mooney has done a great job with his young crew?

I'll see how I go.

5 (just a guess)
He's been back for a while, yes he is.
Yes he has, we'll have to wait and see.
I can't.
No
Yes
Yes, played in the 3rds GF last year.
Good if he kicks 40+ goals, otherwise bad.
No
No
That last one isn't really a question, more a statement.

What a shame to read this morning Craig Ednie is going to play for Mulwala.
Nothing against Mulwala, but would have loved to see the little champ play out the rest of his career at Yarra, play in another flag, win another Morris Medal, more best and fairests and play 200-plus games which would have stamped him as one of the all-time greats of the club.
He is a great player to watch and am truly sad to see him go when he could still make a major impact on the comp.

*Doesnt matter too much how many more Albury pick up from here on in, you can only play 21 on saturday arvo. Although their 2's will be mighty strong.
*McMillan will be handy back at Yarra, but may not have many of his old mates around.
*Saker has brought a couple, but still being a young side will they keep consistent form again without Sanson (even though he may still be involved in some capacity).
*The feeling at Magpies is testament to what can happen to a club when you have travellers playing for you, locals get disinterested and then the all of a sudden the travellers disappear.
*I think just the so far mentioned recruits at Raiders, will be great to see how they go, especially watch them challenge Albury.
*Have not heard too many names from North, but a few losses. Seems the same with them in recent years, lose quite a few pick up a couple and not drop away too much. Time will tell in the new year.
*Rovers would love a ruckman to give Karl's body a rest by not having to ruck him. Andy Hill has also shouldered a massive load for years and some of the young talent needs to take some of the load.
*Wodonga have been busy, the out of town recruits look promising although i dont think Charlton-White will impact at all. Played mainly 2's at the hoppers last year in a side that had Leslie at CHF and no certain key forward after that.
*Myrtleford may lose a bit of momentum with some key losses, but they always have a go and think they will knock off a few sides next year.
*Corowa to start slow and pick up momentum as they do every year. Not a lot of news from them but that never phases them.

Anyone got updates of how sides have been training? Numbers? Form (if any atm)?

What a shame to read this morning Craig Ednie is going to play for Mulwala.
Nothing against Mulwala, but would have loved to see the little champ play out the rest of his career at Yarra, play in another flag, win another Morris Medal, more best and fairests and play 200-plus games which would have stamped him as one of the all-time greats of the club.
He is a great player to watch and am truly sad to see him go when he could still make a major impact on the comp.

Clean bowled, agree on your comments.But can see his reasoning at 30 years of age. He made the elite level with with Richmond, has made himself a champion player at Yarra,has gone thru chronic injuries in the past 2 or 3 years, and I guess he sees his footy days are nearing closure.Obviously Mulwala paying him big bucks, but at the twilight of his career I fully agree he should go for it and make a few extra bucks. Remember his father, Russell, is a legend at the club. So Yarrawonga should be proud of this father/son history.

Clean bowled, agree on your comments.But can see his reasoning at 30 years of age. He made the elite level with with Richmond, has made himself a champion player at Yarra,has gone thru chronic injuries in the past 2 or 3 years, and I guess he sees his footy days are nearing closure.Obviously Mulwala paying him big bucks, but at the twilight of his career I fully agree he should go for it and make a few extra bucks. Remember his father, Russell, is a legend at the club. So Yarrawonga should be proud of this father/son history.
Concurr with this.However in the last couple of years more than likely due to the before mentioned reasons he lost his pure football impact.He started to rely on more and more tricks to win a contest or more to my point free kicks.He would go to ground at basically every contest,fake contact,exaggetate it etc.So maybe it is time to step back a bit and just let his football genius take over at a lower level where his opponents aren't as fit or concentrate as long.Good luck to him:thumbsu:

Anyone want to have an early crack at the ladder. Cant imagine now only a week out from Xmas sides will add to many to what they already have, so here I go:

Albury - Surprise Surprise :)

Lavington - How close they get to Albury depends on how the new coach settles in.
Raiders - Given their additions would be disappointed in they finished any lower.

Yarrawonga - Some big losses but still will have some quality on the park.

Wodonga - Biggest improver, but a long way off the top three. Fifth spot will be a bit of a lottery.
Wangaratta Rovers - Like Wodonga will improve a lot with Caruso and a couple of others returning.
Wangaratta - Have lost a few guns with no real big ins. The slider.

Corowa - Need all their veterans to fire like last year. Same sort of season.
Myrtleford - Expect a similar year to last year, but the other teams around the bottom to improve more.
Nth Albury - Lost Piltz, McAdam and Myors and no big name signings. Looks tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe many will under estimate the Roos in 2012 with so many new players from 2011 with a season under their belt plus Hennerman and may be their recruiting asn't over. With a very young side and improvement from Cook, Marks,Rhodes,Lane, Filliponi,McLarty, Smith and Shelley (all under20) I think with their commitment to preseason so far, they will be stronger and more consistant. The Roos certainly found a gem in Shaun Mooney.

what might have been!

http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/local/news/general/yarrawonga-coup-fev-says-no/2404690.aspx

FORMER AFL superstar Brendan Fevola has hosed down nationwide speculation he has signed with Yarrawonga.
The former Carlton and Brisbane forward took to Twitter yesterday afternoon to dismiss rumours linking him with a move to the Pigeons after Before The Game host Andy Maher quizzed the two-time Coleman medallist about a potential move to the Ovens and Murray.

Bumped into a few Raiders supporters at the races on Monday and boy are they bullish about their chances next season.
But, also told Dean Heta won't be playing this year which is a loss on top of Jarrod Gorupic, who is going up the hills to Mitta.
They need these blokes if they are going to push the likes of Albury, Yarra and Lavi.
I wonder if they are getting nervous about the story in today's Herald Sun about cancelling the fireworks due to the heat.
Bankrolling their recruiting blitz could take a serious hit if this event is cancelled.
I hope it's not because Wodonga needs this type of thing, but I am sure a few at Raiderland will be very anxious about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back