Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Hourigan trained with a couple other clubs I heard, but was asking around 400-600$ a game. Has anyone seen him play before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hourigan trained with a couple other clubs I heard, but was asking around 400-600$ a game. Has anyone seen him play before?

Played half a dozen senior games with the benalla saints , might be a hand player in the O&K
but not worth the $500 plus he has been asking ,only 19/20 year old need to prove himself first to ask that sort of money . I think he trained at Glenrowan- King Valley -Nth Wang & maybe 1 More . hope Greta are paying alot less then what he was asking . Good to see Greta pick up a few new one

He played Benalla Saints thirds in 2013 and has played a handful of senior games. Under 6" and would be 70-75kgs. He's quick and hard at it. I haven't seen him play seniors though.

Boo Laing from King Valley to Glenrowan - anyone else heard?

Milawa losing Scott Gardner apparently? Moving away from the district.

Glenrowan been struggling for numbers at training? Anyone else heard this as well? You would think with all these so-called recruits they would be jumping at the bit to train. Or do they think they already have the flag in the bag? ;):p

He played Benalla Saints thirds in 2013 and has played a handful of senior games. Under 6" and would be 70-75kgs. He's quick and hard at it. I haven't seen him play seniors though.
Hourigan played 15 senior games in the last two seasons inc 7 last season (saints finished 3rd) according to the website so should be a good player in the O & K. Certainly not getting anywhere near the figures mentioned in previous posts. Trained this week and looks a good young player.

Gardener will be a big loss for Milawa has been a good player for them since he became a demon. Milawa have lost a couple of handy mids now. Only means there will be more cash to throw at Brandon ryan??

Very big loss for milawa although they have still recruited well. What's the story with Brandon Ryan? I know he has strong connections with the club but there has been talk of him going out there for the last 5 or so years but never quiet seems to get there. He is still playing good ovens and murray footy?

TylerDurden01 said:
If sessio left that would be a dogs act. Bowing out to
spend more time with the family" is a legitimate reason, but shooting off after he promised everyone he would play next year is a low act. I know players at the valley and he is highly regarded and a fits in well up there I would be surprised if he left. Maybe if he did the club would pursue him for breach of contract, as leaving the club with false and deceitful reasons voids the release and the club would have a case to pursue him for costs, such as his payments over the next year / and or having to play for the valley or sit out. It would be very disappointing to see him change clubs.

Only rumours TD1, but I heard the asking price is $700 p/g and he has spoken to one Tallangatta league club in the last week...

King Valley's Brendan Sessions is leaving the #OKFNL to join Rutherglen. http://wangarattachronicle.com.au/2014/01/29/roos-lose-sessions/…

King valley should have been smarter and got him to sign a contract when he stepped down last year holding him to his word!

Hi I play at Bonnie Doon after spending a bit of time at King Valley Last Season and Sessions is an absolute terrific player and good clubman while he was there so I don't think the club will have hard feelings on his descison

Hi I play at Bonnie Doon after spending a bit of time at King Valley Last Season and Sessions is an absolute terrific player and good clubman while he was there so I don't think the club will have hard feelings on his descison
From what I am led to believe the reasons for sesho leaving KV have a bit to do with what happened after he stepped down as coach. I'm of the understanding that he was still keen to be involved in recruiting and coaching etc but they elected to go another direction.
I respect the bloke for putting his hand up early and saying he wouldn't be able to go around again as coach. Plenty of blokes take the money for coaching when their heart isn't in it and do a s**t job of it.
We like most clubs had a chat to him and he was clear from the start that he didn't intend on playing against the Valley next year if he was to leave so I don't believe there would be too much animosity between him and the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King valley should have been smarter and got him to sign a contract when he stepped down last year holding him to his word!

In hindsight, it's definitely what should have been done. Kv just relied on his word after he'd been a seemingly loyal player over the years.. Didnt cover all their bases

In hindsight, it's definitely what should have been done. Kv just relied on his word after he'd been a seemingly loyal player over the years.. Didnt cover all their bases

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately loyalty is almost done and dusted in this day and age. If the money is right you can almost move anyone these days. In saying that most that most clubs still have their loyal players that turn up year after year not expecting anything but to play for a club they enjoy and love being involved with.

And sometimes contracts don't mean much either but until players have signed on the dotted line they aren't over the line!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hourigan played 15 senior games in the last two seasons inc 7 last season (saints finished 3rd) according to the website so should be a good player in the O & K. Certainly not getting anywhere near the figures mentioned in previous posts. Trained this week and looks a good young player.

Gardener will be a big loss for Milawa has been a good player for them since he became a demon. Milawa have lost a couple of handy mids now. Only means there will be more cash to throw at Brandon ryan??

"Blondie" has talked of $900 paid fortnightly - not close to those figures mentioned?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back