Ovens and King Football League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Well you have everyone talking that's for sure Bunyip! Well played!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank GIFs, now that's the type of positive response we were hoping for rather than ill-informed comments from some who doubt we can pull this off.
Irrespective of who you follow it's a bonus for the O&K who I expect would be 100% behind the free publicity it will bring the league.
If this guy pulls the pin I'll look like a right dill but I'm assured all bases have been covered from the clubs perspective.

A good source tells me that Karl Norman is injured and may not play first half of the season.
Also believe that Hopper McKormick rumour is true and that Tarra have another ex Maggies player who would play when Hopper does. I know his name but will keep it secret to protect the Tarra boys

A good source tells me that Karl Norman is injured and may not play first half of the season.
Also believe that Hopper McKormick rumour is true and that Tarra have another ex Maggies player who would play when Hopper does. I know his name but will keep it secret to protect the Tarra boys
Ddon't tell me henners is pulling the boots on again! He'd kick 25 against the bats!
Missed the word "still"

Last edited:
This is what I said last week & nothing has changed.

The idea of last weeks post was to get people talking prior to the announcement as to who the marquee player could be.
He played over 200 games for two AFL clubs & the guys tell me he's "a cracking bloke".

On the day we'll be wearing brand new purple & gold "heritage" guernseys, emblazoned with new sponsors who have jumped at the opportunity of supporting such an event.

There will be a Sportsmans Night @ 6pm after the game at Wang Turf Club & we plan to auction his signed Greta guernsey off that night.

The original plan was Good Friday against Moyhu but our man was unavailable that day. I'll confirm it's a Sunday game which allows other O&K people who'd normally be at their respective games to come along & enjoy the day.

It's certainly by far the biggest thing that's happened in my years at the club.

NOW BY ALL MEANS PLEASE USE THE 2014 O&K FORUM SLIM HAS BEEN GOOD ENOUGH TO SET UP FOR US!!!
The Bunyip, Wednesday at 10:06 PM

Bunyip this is all good but you might have got a head of yourself or had a bit much to say on this fourm
I have been told agian from KV the Club has not even been contacted , your people that are meant to be running this may have talked to KV coach . but I am told KV are not very happy about the club not beening contacted and all this stuff going around that its all a done deal. As there the ones running the club not the coach. From what KV are saying they may not agree to this if this is the best your club can do
I am sure you will get on here and say I don't know what I am talking about but come back to me nexted week and tell me I wrong . I hope for your sake but more for Greta a deal can be done

This is what I said last week & nothing has changed.

The idea of last weeks post was to get people talking prior to the announcement as to who the marquee player could be.
He played over 200 games for two AFL clubs & the guys tell me he's "a cracking bloke".

On the day we'll be wearing brand new purple & gold "heritage" guernseys, emblazoned with new sponsors who have jumped at the opportunity of supporting such an event.

There will be a Sportsmans Night @ 6pm after the game at Wang Turf Club & we plan to auction his signed Greta guernsey off that night.

The original plan was Good Friday against Moyhu but our man was unavailable that day. I'll confirm it's a Sunday game which allows other O&K people who'd normally be at their respective games to come along & enjoy the day.

It's certainly by far the biggest thing that's happened in my years at the club.

NOW BY ALL MEANS PLEASE USE THE 2014 O&K FORUM SLIM HAS BEEN GOOD ENOUGH TO SET UP FOR US!!!
The Bunyip, Wednesday at 10:06 PM

Bunyip this is all good but you might have got a head of yourself or had a bit much to say on this fourm
I have been told agian from KV the Club has not even been contacted , your people that are meant to be running this may have talked to KV coach . but I am told KV are not very happy about the club not beening contacted and all this stuff going around that its all a done deal. As there the ones running the club not the coach. From what KV are saying they may not agree to this if this is the best your club can do
I am sure you will get on here and say I don't know what I am talking about but come back to me nexted week and tell me I wrong . I hope for your sake but more for Greta a deal can be done

Find me a post where I've mentioned a player or a club & I'll shout you a beer if we ever catch up!!

Find me a post where I've mentioned a player or a club & I'll shout you a beer if we ever catch up!!
Bunyip, I have heard that your club and King valley have "kicked out" Moyhu from your 3 way alliance of the Southern Suns.
If this is the case, why is it so? Don't you think that this is bad for the development of young players and the opportunity for "all" clubs to have the ability to produce young players and have them progress through their club? I'm sure that there are players at the club that come from close to/nearby to Moyhu and these players would play for Moyhu if they had a 3rds team.
I was told that Moyhu had many people prepared to assist in many ways this year but they were not allowed to participate - or more to the point, they were basically told "NO, you are not part of the alliance anymore."
My question is, "how can your club and King Valley decide who they want as a part of the alliance?"
Were your clubs threatened that some of the Under 18 players would play for Moyhu in the future and not your clubs or what is the reason?

Bunyip, I have heard that your club and King valley have "kicked out" Moyhu from your 3 way alliance of the Southern Suns.
If this is the case, why is it so? Don't you think that this is bad for the development of young players and the opportunity for "all" clubs to have the ability to produce young players and have them progress through their club? I'm sure that there are players at the club that come from close to/nearby to Moyhu and these players would play for Moyhu if they had a 3rds team.
I was told that Moyhu had many people prepared to assist in many ways this year but they were not allowed to participate - or more to the point, they were basically told "NO, you are not part of the alliance anymore."
My question is, "how can your club and King Valley decide who they want as a part of the alliance?"
Were your clubs threatened that some of the Under 18 players would play for Moyhu in the future and not your clubs or what is the reason?

Greta & King Vallley have been the key stakeholders. I know for at least the last 8 years they have either had their own thirds side or combined together - Doing what it takes to make it work. During that time Moyhu has never had a side. When the league has asked for Moyhu to be involved in the combined thirds side- What can moyhu bring to the table? what do they provide? They don't have an existing player data base the other two have been working to develop, I recall a couple of years ago the Greta coach would get a bus & pick the kids up, take them to training and drop them off afterwards! Greta & King Valley have really done the hard yards and deserve to reap the rewards. Moyhu have done pretty well over the last 8-10 years without a thirds..... I don't think it's hurt their ability to win premierships has it?

Last edited:
Greta & King Vallley have been the key stakeholders. I know for at least the last 8 years they have either had their own thirds side or combined together - Doing what it takes to make it work. During that time Moyhu has never had a side. When the league has asked for Moyhu to be involved in the combined thirds side- What can moyhu bring to the table? what do they provide? They don't have an existing player data base the other two have been working to develop, I recall a couple of years ago the Greta coach would get a bus & pick the kids up, take them to training and drop them off afterwards! Greta & King Valley have really done the hard yards and deserve to reap the rewards. Moyhu have done pretty well over the last 8-10 years without a thirds..... I don't think it's hurt their ability to win premierships has it?

Existing data base? Pretty sure that would be the same as Greta and KV database as the southern suns over the last few years!

Yes Moyhu may have not done as much as the other two clubs over the years. But it is very hard when two clubs decide by themselves to not include another in talks. It seems strange that moyhu was kicked out without Greta and KV telling them. It was only when moyhu asked the league what was going on that it was told that Greta and KV had decided to go it alone and were ment to tell moyhu a week before. But failed to do so.

Sending out letters to kids without any mention of moyhu on it before they had made the decision to cut ties was also poor form.

I understand there is also two sides to every story. But a lack of communication by everyone has been the downfall.

Who knows maybe moyhu might have their own thirds side in 2015.......

Sorry Rumble, it serves no purpose me commenting on internal matters I know little about. It just muddies the waters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trotta - it is good and well for 2 teams to be the key stakeholders, but sometimes stakeholders change, or they leave, or they even increase, and that is what seems to have happened when Moyhu joined the 3way alliance.

In relation to the 'database' this is not a database exclusively for just Greta and King Valley. Who is to say that some juniors joined the Southern Suns last year because they had some sort of allegiance to Moyhu and it was their way of being able to go through the ranks in order to join Moyhu?
That is great of the Greta coach to have done that - I'm sure that King Valley may have done the same, and I actually know for a fact that Moyhu players organised a bus for the Southern Suns players last year and took them out to a training night..From what I have gathered in the past, isn't the alliance of the Southern Suns meant to be a separate entity and not have any particular allegiance to any of the 3 (or 2 now) clubs involved? On top of this, isn't the coach meant to be a person who has no particular alliance to one of the existing clubs? Just some of the many questions that are raised.

Yes Moyhu has done extremely well over the past 10-15 years in fact - and that has been without a thirds side. But who is to say they haven't struggled in reserves football for numbers? Their seniors may have reaped the rewards of senior players but I don't think it is all about that. It is about the development of young players

Existing data base? Pretty sure that would be the same as Greta and KV database as the southern suns over the last few years!

Yes Moyhu may have not done as much as the other two clubs over the years. But it is very hard when two clubs decide by themselves to not include another in talks. It seems strange that moyhu was kicked out without Greta and KV telling them. It was only when moyhu asked the league what was going on that it was told that Greta and KV had decided to go it alone and were ment to tell moyhu a week before. But failed to do so.

Sending out letters to kids without any mention of moyhu on it before they had made the decision to cut ties was also poor form.

I understand there is also two sides to every story. But a lack of communication by everyone has been the downfall.

Who knows maybe moyhu might have their own thirds side in 2015.......

I did not know that happened GIF. If that is the case that is poor form by Greta and KV, but as you say, sometimes lack of communication can cause so many issues.

It would be great if Moyhu could form it's own thirds side; infact, it would be great if each club could have it's own individual thirds side, but it is proving so difficult at this time!

Sorry Rumble, it serves no purpose me commenting on internal matters I know little about. It just muddies the waters.

Ok Bunyip, that is fair enough. Just thought you were in the know on most things at Greta that are happening and thought would would have been able to elaborate on it a little further!

Ok Bunyip, that is fair enough. Just thought you were in the know on most things at Greta that are happening and thought would would have been able to elaborate on it a little further!

Cheers Rumble. Even if I did know it's not for me to comment. Not all bridges are made to be burnt my friend!!

What I do know is that both the Greta & King Valley clubs have invested a lot of time & effort trying to keep thirds footy alive at their respective clubs. Many times last season Funky had the Suns train at Greta Thursday nights, then they had a meal with the rest of us before heading back into town with their coach.

Sessions yet to be cleared yet... What's the hold up?
Also wondering if Glenrowan might be thinking about having two senior sides. Strong list.

Sessions yet to be cleared yet... What's the hold up?
Also wondering if Glenrowan might be thinking about having two senior sides. Strong list.

if anyone clearance hasn't been deined within 5 working days its automatic it go through
so I don't think there would be any problem with his clearance someone just hasn't hit the final button
for it to be finalised

Couple of praccy matches over the weekend. Anyone check any of them out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Rumourmill,

I happened to see the Kv intra-club on Saturday for about a quarter in between wineries. Few young players that they've recruited looked solid. Might surprise a few. Jacob Dean looked super fit, might be a surprise packet for the roos in 2014.
Also popped out to see Tarra and Moyhu. Stinker of a game. Coach Raven added a significant amount of polish to the Dogs side. Pigeon James all but sealed up his spot in the magoos. Moyhu very reliant on the 7 that were missing.
Didn't go to Milawa's in Wodonga. I wonder if they paid their opponent to play against them? They are paying for everything else!

My Predictions for 2014

1- Tarrawingee
2- Glenrowan
3- Milawa
4- King Valley
5- Moyhu

Leading Goal Kicker- Karl Norman (Glen)
B & F - Jordan Solimo (Tarra)
Smokey- Adam Williams(KV)
Best young recruit (under 21) - Adam Evans ( From Rovers 3rds to KV)

Wooden Spoon- Goorambat / Greta

Wooden Spoon - would more be along the lines of North Wang / Goorambat & District which is just looking like the same team as last year.

Anyone know what is going on with the newly formed Benalla and district team. Do they get new jumpers or are they staying the same??

Wooden Spoon - would more be along the lines of North Wang / Goorambat & District which is just looking like the same team as last year.

Anyone know what is going on with the newly formed Benalla and district team. Do they get new jumpers or are they staying the same??

I am pretty sure goorambat & district will go with the same jumpers as last year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back