Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

heard from a reliable source that Glenrowans facebook page was hacked and deactivated by the people that have left the club after posting some questionable things on the page As for the netball I see that all teams are in the 6 except A grade who aren't far off. The only players that have left are the ex coaches two daughters from what I can gather...apparently one of them gave the president a spray on the way out. I think hes handled the situation pretty well. better to lose two players than the large group that were gunna walk out if nothing changed with the coaching.

This is the story that I've heard on the grape vine to. I have a mate who's daughter is out there and she wasn't loving it due to some coaches and kids being favoured. As for the stuff on Facebook, I haven't seen it because if it's from those people it's bound to be made up crap.

I think the club is looking to be in a better direction. Alot of people forget that there are netball sides at clubs and it's important to keep players happy and you don't want them to leaving because of this sort of stuff. I understand you guys are saying its bad that these life members are leaving but if they're causing crap - what's the point?

Jason McPhail. I was at the game yesterday, and there was a lot of talk that 3 life members have walked from the club, with more seriously contemplating the idea!

These people had allegedly brought up the culture issues at the club with the severe drug problems, and disharmony amongst the players, members, supporters etc and he has just told them where to go apparently!

Not surprising, he has always been a flog!

Haven't heard of any drug problems there this year. I believe their drug culture was very bad before the mcphails took over which is some time ago now. I think people forget that there is drugs at all clubs, it's just what young kids do these days and it's so accessible now

You wouldn't happen to be one of these so call bookface hackers hey jessa. I believe you've had a bit to say since this problem has popped up mate
Looks like glenrowan footy club have joined big footy as for the drugs you must live under a rock.....hahaha

And I'm also not involved at a club. As I said. I've got a mate who's involved out there with his daughter

This is the story that I've heard on the grape vine to. I have a mate who's daughter is out there and she wasn't loving it due to some coaches and kids being favoured. As for the stuff on Facebook, I haven't seen it because if it's from those people it's bound to be made up crap.

I think the club is looking to be in a better direction. Alot of people forget that there are netball sides at clubs and it's important to keep players happy and you don't want them to leaving because of this sort of stuff. I understand you guys are saying its bad that these life members are leaving but if they're causing crap - what's the point?

I think the club is looking to be in a better direction. Alot of people forget that there are netball sides at clubs and it's important to keep players happy and you don't want them to
Looks like glenrowan footy club have joined big footy as for the drugs you must live under a rock.....hahaha
odd that you'd post about netball in a football forum Jessa...also surprising that you can't take any criticism...sounds like an ex coach I know

I'm not involved with glenrowan have a bit to do with another club , as I said in my previous post I was at the game Saturday and heard a lot of talk and the president swearing at some bloke about taping up it was a heated exchange but I must of been seeing things. So are the supporters of greta and glenrowan liars , because it was the talk of the day.

Wow ruffled some feathers :):):)

I'm not involved with glenrowan have a bit to do with another club , as I said in my previous post I was at the game Saturday and heard a lot of talk and the president swearing at some bloke about taping up it was a heated exchange but I must of been seeing things. So are the supporters of greta and glenrowan liars , because it was the talk of the day.

Wow ruffled some feathers :):):)
If you looked you'd see I joined back in 07! you started the discussion, I just stated what I knew which was fact unlike your speculation. Just don't like to see a club dragged thru the mud for no reason

Aside all the drama, who actually managed to watch some footy on the weekend? I know Jessa was too busy watching the netball... What games did people see? Standout players? Etc... Anyone manage to see the doon game or Nige Robinson making his comeback? Early baker medalist tips anyone and any early tips for next week?

You wouldn't happen to be one of these so call bookface hackers hey jessa. I believe you've had a bit to say since this problem has popped up mate

Seems like Jessa needs to get back in the kitchen because it's obvious she's no good at coaching netball or making aliases on a footy forum.
I've also got nothing to do with the club but can definitely say from first hand that the McPhail Bros have poured their lives into that club over the last 4 years. Without them, the club was heading towards a demise like poor tatong and swanpool. And with them, both on the footy field and netball courts have seen rapid climbs throughout the ladders in all grades.
Sure they have thrown some of their own money towards the football department, but every club has someone that does that. Good on them. For supporting the thing that they're passionate about and want to see succeed. Every club wishes they had sponsors like that.
So stop the hating and realise that the mcphails are the best thing that's happened to the small town of glenrowan during the footy season for the past decade.

Seems like Jessa needs to get back in the kitchen because it's obvious she's no good at coaching netball or making aliases on a footy forum.
I've also got nothing to do with the club but can definitely say from first hand that the McPhail Bros have poured their lives into that club over the last 4 years. Without them, the club was heading towards a demise like poor tatong and swanpool. And with them, both on the footy field and netball courts have seen rapid climbs throughout the ladders in all grades.
Sure they have thrown some of their own money towards the football department, but every club has someone that does that. Good on them. For supporting the thing that they're passionate about and want to see succeed. Every club wishes they had sponsors like that.
So stop the hating and realise that the mcphails are the best thing that's happened to the small town of glenrowan during the footy season for the past decade.
I think Casey McPhail was the best thing that happened to Glenrowan! Jason on the other hand is a grub.

I think Casey McPhail was the best thing that happened to Glenrowan! Jason on the other hand is a grub.

I think Jason is doing a good job at finally weeding out the absolute dumbass ferals at that club that have been there before the mcphails arrived.

I think what Glenrowan have done over the last few years has been good for the comp. Might not agree with the way they do a few things but still they have raised the standard of the comp and made a very ordinary side into a side that has won some premierships and been a bench mark for a few years now. Think that is a lot better than rolling out a side that gets flogged every week so good on them I think.
As far as the rumours and upsetting people I don't think its on here that all that dirty laundry should be aired. Especially hiding behind account names. Think this forum should stick to the footy and leave all that stuff to the people involved as there is always two sides to the story. Football clubs can cause a lot of heart ache for people so for everyone involved I hope they sort it out shortly and move on.
As for the weekends games Tarra's loss to Bonnie Doon puts the race for top 2 a little harder. With games against Glenrowan and Milawa it will make those results crucial. I believe Tarra play Glenrowan this weekend. If they win then top 2 I believe is set and we could see a Bonnie Doon vs Tarra Grandfinal. if Glenrowan win then that may be the start of their push and I think they will then make the GF. I went to Bonnie Doon and watched on the weekend. Not convinced Bonnie Doon is the best side in the comp. They didn't have Judd Darby playing which will improve them a lot more but Tarra had some more talent out which I think will improve their side enough to beat Doon if they meet again. I still think Glenrowans best is the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what Glenrowan have done over the last few years has been good for the comp. Might not agree with the way they do a few things but still they have raised the standard of the comp and made a very ordinary side into a side that has won some premierships and been a bench mark for a few years now. Think that is a lot better than rolling out a side that gets flogged every week so good on them I think.
As far as the rumours and upsetting people I don't think its on here that all that dirty laundry should be aired. Especially hiding behind account names. Think this forum should stick to the footy and leave all that stuff to the people involved as there is always two sides to the story. Football clubs can cause a lot of heart ache for people so for everyone involved I hope they sort it out shortly and move on.
As for the weekends games Tarra's loss to Bonnie Doon puts the race for top 2 a little harder. With games against Glenrowan and Milawa it will make those results crucial. I believe Tarra play Glenrowan this weekend. If they win then top 2 I believe is set and we could see a Bonnie Doon vs Tarra Grandfinal. if Glenrowan win then that may be the start of their push and I think they will then make the GF. I went to Bonnie Doon and watched on the weekend. Not convinced Bonnie Doon is the best side in the comp. They didn't have Judd Darby playing which will improve them a lot more but Tarra had some more talent out which I think will improve their side enough to beat Doon if they meet again. I still think Glenrowans best is the best.

No Jess Cosaltis either which would of helped too. Not sure who Tarra had out so cant really comment there. Cant only beat who you play on the day.

No Jess Cosaltis either which would of helped too. Not sure who Tarra had out so cant really comment there. Cant only beat who you play on the day.

Yep exactly right. And that's what I have liked about Tarra this year. have had no excuses in the paper about any of that. and once again wasn't mentioned today. Just my opinion that's all. Don't think I have seen Tarra play worse than they did in the second half on the weekend. Maybe because of Doons good play but I think just mentally Tarra didn't seem to be there as much. But now they have put themselves in a position they will need to switch back on to keep top 2

One would think that Kaine Herbert would almost be a shoe in for the medal this year.
Looking at the media votes maybe Sam Evans has gone under the radar and could be a smokey????

Goorambat look to have cemented their spot for their first finals race in the ovens and King!

Think it will be be tarra, Bonnie Doon and Glenrowan vying for top three.

With moyhu's loss to kv on the weekend does that put them out of the running for sixth spot??

Milawa will miss newton over the next few weeks with a hamstring.

Sorry haven't posted in a while there seemed to be a bit of a problem with the thread with all this crap filling it it!!

One would think that Kaine Herbert would almost be a shoe in for the medal this year.
Looking at the media votes maybe Sam Evans has gone under the radar and could be a smokey????

Goorambat look to have cemented their spot for their first finals race in the ovens and King!

Think it will be be tarra, Bonnie Doon and Glenrowan vying for top three.

With moyhu's loss to kv on the weekend does that put them out of the running for sixth spot??

Milawa will miss newton over the next few weeks with a hamstring.

Sorry haven't posted in a while there seemed to be a bit of a problem with the thread with all this crap filling it it!!
someone needs to tell jessa to head over to a netball forum and spew his/her? (cant really tell) crap on it and leave this one for footy. Agree with your top 3 picks. Glenrowan v Tarra this week...who has everyone got? I'm going with Glenrowan by 7 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back