Mystery Oak Island.

Remove this Banner Ad

Some may have heard of this place and it is a small island located in Nova Scotia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Island

It is supposed to have a so called "Money Pit" in it. It was discovered by 2 young kids in the late 1700 hundreds as just a small indentation in the ground which they started to dig up and found some very interesting things like booby traps , Oak log benches every 10 feet and flooding mechanisms to thwart all intended future digs.

Great short 8min video here and it is a must watch.....

It is open to many thoughts now as to what exactly is down there at the bottom of that hole if anything at all but one has to wonder why anyone would go to such extreme measures to conceal something like they have done. There was talk of a new dig being started soon again as there has not been much activity for the last 12 months and with todays technology etc you would think that someone would be able to get to the bottom this pit but the flooding trap that was built into the hole has still yet to be overcome and stuffs up every attempt to get down there as the ocean floods it!!

zOak-Island-treasure_zps78aeab9c.jpg

I love this place. is it pirate treasure? Is it where the Templars stashed their coin? Is it the repository of Francis Bacon works proving Shakepeare a fraud? Or is it but nothing.

I love this place. is it pirate treasure? Is it where the Templars stashed their coin? Is it the repository of Francis Bacon works proving Shakepeare a fraud? Or is it but nothing.

I am a big believer that the Templar Knights stashed something down there many years ago and they had the man power and no how back then to create something as elaborate as this.

Also whenever i look at this place on Google Earth i can never get a clear view and it just stays fuzzy for some reason, yet when you go off it the screen loads fine....... :confused:

I am a big believer that the Templar Knights stashed something down there many years ago and they had the man power and no how back then to create something as elaborate as this.

I reckon Geoffrey Edelstone buried his money there - certainly old and crafty enough.

I have never read The Da Vinci Code or seen the movie.

I have however been to Roslyn Chapel and the carvings there of knights carrying what can only be corn are simply astounding.

I dunno if this thing is some Templar stash, but I have no doubt that the Templars did visit North America.

Interesting. Can't believe I've never heard of this before. So the ark of the covenant is actually a nuclear reactor given to the Jews by aliens.

Ha! I doubt the Ark is down there but that is just my opinion!

Could be anything really or actually nothing.

There is a brand new T.V series on it featuring 2 brothers who are investing millions right now to find out anything they can and the History channel is following them and filming everything. I have streamed the first 3 episodes and they are great but waiting for the 4th to air in the states so i can watch that to!

http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

There's gotta be something down there. Nobody goes to that much trouble for nothing.

Yep i agree.

There has always been confirmation as well that Smith's cove the closest area of water to the Money Pit is man made and why would this of been done?? Who ever built this thing made Smith's cove what it is so that the flood tunnels could access the pits and in the latest episode of " The Curse of Oak Island " they actually got their biggest break and hard proof when they found actual coconut fiber under the Smith Cove surface when the tide was way out about 2 feet down which was dated at over 200yrs old by a credited scientist and lab. Coconut fiber is not native to the area and the closest tree is in the Bahamas over 500k's away and it had to be brought to the Island. Theory is that this fiber was used to put over the entrance to the flood pits so they did not block up the flood tunnels and acted as a filter to allow only water through.

Isn't there suppose to be some sort of 'local wisdom' associated with Oak Island that until 11 people (or something like that) die in the pursuit of the treasure, it won;t reveal itself?

Isn't there suppose to be some sort of 'local wisdom' associated with Oak Island that until 11 people (or something like that) die in the pursuit of the treasure, it won;t reveal itself?

There are a few folk tales and one of them is that 7 people need to die. It is currently at 6.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that I find so intriguing about Oak Island is that someone built the pit.

You can carry-on until the cows come home about what's down there, and who built it, which is all pure conjecture.

But what stands, irrefutable evidence of the mystery if you like, is the pit itself.

Conquer that, and it is damn fiendish, then you have a chance of working out the other two big questions.

Okay I'm up to date. Gee they over dramatise it a bit don't they? Looks like they move some big flat rock they find after draining the swamp in the next episode.

It would certainly be an interesting way to spend your retirement from the postal service, whilst spending the money of your brother who actually made a few bucks during his career.

Also quite disappointed that despite paying for the History channel it doesn't seem to be on in Australia so I still have to dl it.

Edit: Also duly noted that the brothers Lagina are one letter away from a tragic surname. Sure it's pronounced Lageena.. we believe you.

Okay I'm up to date. Gee they over dramatise it a bit don't they? Looks like they move some big flat rock they find after draining the swamp in the next episode.

It would certainly be an interesting way to spend your retirement from the postal service, whilst spending the money of your brother who actually made a few bucks during his career.

Also quite disappointed that despite paying for the History channel it doesn't seem to be on in Australia so I still have to dl it.

Edit: Also duly noted that the brothers Lagina are one letter away from a tragic surname. Sure it's pronounced Lageena.. we believe you.
You will be hooked on the show now like me waiting for that next episode!

Show drags on way too much and I'm getting sick of History chanels need to over dramatize stuff. I'm guessing not a lot will happen this season but expect a lot more on the second season if it happens.

Fascinating.

Are we saying the technology really doesn't exist to excavate this thing entirely? Hard to believe

Well you have to stop the water flowing in. I'm sure in theory we do have the technology. Spending the money to do it is another thing.

Well you have to stop the water flowing in. I'm sure in theory we do have the technology. Spending the money to do it is another thing.

Stopping the water flow is basically stopping the sea, isn't it? The tides just flood right back in.

The templars were renowned tunnel builders too. Just saying.

Never heard of this before, fascinating!

We (apparently :p ) have the technology to go to the Moon, you would think we could get this done.
Maybe the powers that be don't want us to dig it up?

Have read a little about this, just crazy stuff. The last I heard people had given up on attempting. Great to hear someone is trying to find the truth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back