Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched a lot of games this week. I think we can beat all of them by one point. Some really dumb penalties by a lot of players. If we can avoid that we will be winning.

Only had 3 pre-snap penalties which is a great sign. Lots of the holding and defensive PI calls were 50/50 at best.

Really embarrassing seeing statements like this and the one from Libby regarding the stadium. Libby constantly says "we can't offer this, we're not doing that..." etc but she really has never come out and said what the City of Oakland can actually offer the Raiders. Infrastructure costs? 150 million AT THE MOST, that's not gonna cut it. What else? Crickets..

Really embarrassing seeing statements like this and the one from Libby regarding the stadium. Libby constantly says "we can't offer this, we're not doing that..." etc but she really has never come out and said what the City of Oakland can actually offer the Raiders. Infrastructure costs? 150 million AT THE MOST, that's not gonna cut it. What else? Crickets..
Mark imo wants to stay in Oakland. That's been his thing the whole way. He's just fed up and having to resort to every dirty trick and resource available (including the NFL admin) to try to force Oakland into handing over a SUFFICIENT amount of public money. Doesnt have to be 750m to match....just something and Mark will stay.

Mark imo wants to stay in Oakland. That's been his thing the whole way. He's just fed up and having to resort to every dirty trick and resource available (including the NFL admin) to try to force Oakland into handing over a SUFFICIENT amount of public money. Doesnt have to be 750m to match....just something and Mark will stay.

Na he's wanted Las Vegas ever before the race for Los Angeles happened. I first found out about Mark's love of Vegas back in November 2014, when I spoke to a source who is in frequent contact with Mark. Was told back then that Mark preferred Vegas over both Oakland and Los Angeles. At the time, Vegas hadn't been pursued due to a lot of since broken down stigma associated with that city.

Mark loves Vegas for multiple reasons. The biggest reason is because it's incredibly close to the Davis family in general. Every year Al would host a number of close friends with the Raiders for his birthday in Vegas. Al multiple times said he would have relocated the Raiders to Las Vegas had the gambling issues not been no prominent.

Mark will be completing his dad's legacy by getting them to Vegas, and that's all he's focused on at this point.

Del Rio: 'Blame me' for Raiders revamped D's struggles

By JOSH DUBOW

September 19, 2016 01:40 AM

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) "” The offseason additions meant to fortify Oakland's defense have only led to a historically bad start for the Raiders.

The Raiders got gashed for a second straight week and were unable to get bailed out this time by their high-powered offense, dropping the home opener 35-28 to Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons.

"We're giving away way too many plays that should be routine and easy plays and allowing them not only to be made, but go for chunks," coach Jack Del Rio said. "It will get corrected."

For the second straight week Del Rio benched a starter, pulling middle linebacker Ben Heeney late in the game one week after replacing cornerback Sean Smith . Del Rio said he also took over some play-calling duties late from coordinator Ken Norton Jr.

But Del Rio wasn't passing off any responsibility for a defense that has allowed 1,035 yards and 69 points in two games.

"If you want somebody to blame, blame it on me," he said. "If you need someone to blame, blame the head coach. I'll take it. We'll correct what needs to be corrected and we'll go forward. This was one game today that didn't go our way."

This wasn't supposed to happen this year after Oakland added proven free-agent starters in Smith, safety Reggie Nelson and linebacker Bruce Irvin and used its top two draft picks on safety Karl Joseph and defensive lineman Jihad Ward.

The Raiders (1-1) allowed the Falcons to score on six of seven drives in one stretch and gave up 528 yards in all as they struggled to stop Atlanta (1-1) on the ground or in the air in a deflating loss.

"I'm speechless," Irvin said. "I've never experienced this experience. Until everybody makes a full commitment to turning this thing around we're going to be a subpar defense."

Right now, they are historically bad. The Raiders joined the 1967 Falcons as the only teams to give up at least 500 yards in each of the first two games of the season, according to Pro Football Reference, and the 1,035 total yards allowed through two weeks are the most since at least 1940.

The only reason they have a win at all is because Carr led a late comeback last week and Del Rio made a gutsy call to go for a 2-point conversion that gave Oakland a 35-34 win at New Orleans.

Oakland faced a bit of bad luck when the Falcons scored the go-ahead touchdown on a deflected third-down pass that the Raiders appeared to break up. But the ball popped in the air and went right to Justin Hardy in the end zone for a touchdown that made it 28-21.

But after Oakland was stopped on fourth down near midfield later in the fourth, the defense allowed the Falcons another score on a 13-yard touchdown run by Tevin Coleman .

Then after the Raiders cut the deficit to 35-28 on Carr's third touchdown pass with 2:12 to go, the defense failed to get the needed stop, allowing a third-down conversion to Mohamed Sanu that allowed Atlanta to run out all but 2 seconds on the clock.

"That game was on us," star pass rusher Khalil Mack said after being held without a sack for the second straight game. "That game was on us defensively. It was terrible discipline wise. Everything worked in their favor today and we didn't do much to stop it."

with mack saying "it was terrible... discipline wise" to me sounds like coaching. we don't have much time. it's only 16 game season. every game is critical. norton is unproven. all he is ...is a linebackers coach promoted to a desperate team that needed a DC. he's proved nothing and for him to be the DC of a defense that just set a league record for futility...a defense that can't get a superstar all pro pass rusher to even sniff a qb sack...a defense that can't communicate and is confused....then go ahead and make a move there cuz that sounds like bad coaching. not only is the defense unacceptable it's the worst unit in the entire league. what does that say about the DC?

raider defensive players talking about miscommunication..confusion...mental mistakes....and you cannot have those wiothout there being an issue with the coaching. malcom smith says 'hopefully we can get it right'. gee. that's encouraging. this defense is not on the 'cusp' of anything. it's already a completely broken down disaster. they aren't focused...and they're confused and miscommunicating. add to that i believe the sean smith deal is a bust. he cannot physically hang with the receivers. he's two steps away ALL THE TIME and that is waaay too much in this league. that's how julio jones was able to do what he did to him. "torched" him as the announcer said. i'll say it now...he's a free agent bust to the nth degree. it ain't getting any better. he cannot hang with receivers. may as well bench him now. do we still have durden on the PS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carr was pretty good though.
Carr is still getting a lot of criticism by Raiders bloggers. Missing so many wide open receivers and throwing the ball elsewhere. He's not elite. Not yet.
But the D is the great culprit. Especially Reggie/JDR/KNJ....all of them defensive-minded football people. Or like someone said, we have 5 RBs on the roster, but not one MLB.

I said all off-season we have to draft a boss MLB in the first round. We never addressed it all draft, all free-agency. Absolutely criminal management/coaching/thinking by those three.

He can hit TD pretty well though
giphy.gif

Carr is still getting a lot of criticism by Raiders bloggers. Missing so many wide open receivers and throwing the ball elsewhere. He's not elite. Not yet.
But the D is the great culprit. Especially Reggie/JDR/KNJ....all of them defensive-minded football people. Or like someone said, we have 5 RBs on the roster, but not one MLB.

I said all off-season we have to draft a boss MLB in the first round. We never addressed it all draft, all free-agency. Absolutely criminal management/coaching/thinking by those three.

Can you link me to where Carr is getting criticism? He's been brilliant so far this season.

This D is woeful. I'm most disappointed with Reggie Nelson. He has flat out sucked so far. He's reactionary rather than anticipatory. Heeney is the other real problem on the D. I think that bringing in Joseph and James for McGill and Heeney respectively is going to have a positive impact, but we need our other guys to lift.

Last year we started off woeful on D as well, but we were able to improve as the season went on. I'm really hoping that's the case this year, because we can't rely on Derek Carr and the offense being near absolutely perfect for an entire game.

Can you link me to where Carr is getting criticism? He's been brilliant so far this season.

This D is woeful. I'm most disappointed with Reggie Nelson. He has flat out sucked so far. He's reactionary rather than anticipatory. Heeney is the other real problem on the D. I think that bringing in Joseph and James for McGill and Heeney respectively is going to have a positive impact, but we need our other guys to lift.

Last year we started off woeful on D as well, but we were able to improve as the season went on. I'm really hoping that's the case this year, because we can't rely on Derek Carr and the offense being near absolutely perfect for an entire game.
I just assumed GG was the 'blogger'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back