Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Is not the only issue, but does not help.

Passing game has killed you through 2, pass rush not gettig to the qb, cbs not stopping wrs. MLB's stopping the run would be the least of my concerns right now.

Like i said, no way am i pointing fingers, our D has been disgusting also. Both of us with these hyped up D's delivering doughnuts right now.

I keep telling you, we have a gun back up at MLB, AJ Klien, he is like Luke Kuechly lite (we went 3-0 with him at MLB last year when LK was out with concussion and the D didnt miss a beat, was named a D captain during that stretch) guy is a monster, will be outta Carolina by the end of the year and will star and shine somewhere else. Trade for him now.

I keep telling you, we have a gun back up at MLB, AJ Klien, he is like Luke Kuechly lite (we went 3-0 with him at MLB last year when LK was out with concussion and the D didnt miss a beat, was named a D captain during that stretch) guy is a monster, will be outta Carolina by the end of the year and will star and shine somewhere else. Trade for him now.
Sold.

Chewy316

There's been plenty of criticism toward Carr still....by analysts and regular Raiders fans analyzing the game. He's been good, but he's continued to show signs of those flaws.

Here's just a few tweets. But you should read around and you'll find there IS criticism of Carr. Not like blaming him for the losses. Because it's mainly the D. But just that he's also making errors that if he didn't make would see our offense do even better. Score points on crucial drives to get back level or get ahead, instead of the drives stalling.

He can improve. He HAS TO if he's to elevate. Especially how those crucial drives stall due to him, drives that either would get us even, or get us ahead and ahead. But we often stall, and then due to our D, the other team then scores and scores. Carr seems to go conservative in the first half compared to the second half. It's like he plays to NOT LOSE, rather than to win, in the first half. Then when things get desperate, time of the essence, he gets angry and riskier, and plays better. He's got to learn to play like that from start to finish.

Basically, we'd like to see Carr play like Brees does. He is super confident, super accurate, and goes for broke early, try to break a D's spirit early, go hard early, and when they score, answer back quickly, and if you get ahead, break them, keep scoring. The way Al Davis wanted his offense to play...the quick strike. Early domination.

Basically, we'd like to see Carr play like Brees does. He is super confident, super accurate, and goes for broke early, try to break a D's spirit early, go hard early, and when they score, answer back quickly, and if you get ahead, break them, keep scoring. The way Al Davis wanted his offense to play...the quick strike. Early domination.
That's on Musgrave, and thus Del Rio. But it's also on Carr because he checks down on 2nd and 3rd and longs. Because most pass plays, still have deep and intermediate routes. So he has to learn to use the time in the pocket more and/or go for it more often.

And in regards to the D. I believe it's ALL purely the lack of a boss MLB.

If not Klein, we still HAVE TO trade for someone. Acquire someone outside the current roster. Be it free agent, back-up, starter, or aging vet starter. Need someone to take charge out there, be a Ray Lewis. Someone who isn't just a solid MLB but also who inspires those around him, a true leader.

We do not have anyone on the roster. We have to acquire it. Not wait for the freakin' draft. RM / JDR talk about how they MUST get to the playoffs this year. Well, do something about it then! Make a move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The player roster is fine. Except the glaring lack of a boss MLB. Said all off-season we need a Ray Lewis type. And seeing that video of Ray Lewis talking about why the Raiders D is bad validates that.

This coaching staff is also the problem.

The DC should be someone with years of experience as a DC. Like a Dick LeBeau, Wade Phillips type. Someone who has a system, or learned a system directly from one of those types while being a positional coach under them.
And every positional coach should be someone who was a former NFL player at the position who has also coached previously.
We have some of this and some of that. We won't be contending for a super bowl until we have a coaching staff as such.

Gipsysafetys take...
https://raidersanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/09/24/week-2-raiders-run-defense-analysis-by-gipsysafety/

Most of the disastrous plays that were happening on defense and that made the Raiders’ D look confused and constantly out of position were "counter runs". These run plays give a strong appearance of a run in one direction but has a designed cutback to the opposite side.

This, combined with the QB bootlegs, played havoc with the Raiders defense at both levels. The DL was giving up huge gaps and the linebackers were getting false reads and attacking their initial reads while the runner was cutting away from them and hitting open field.

Kyle Shanahan and the offense have clearly scouted the Raiders’ defense and recognized that there is a tendency to vacate the backside. He then designed an offensive approach to stress that area of the
Raiders and then exploit it.

Normal Inside zone and Split Zone plays would likely have been successful, but by making some slight adjustments to the blocking scheme and using some other play calls to get the defenders thinking too much, Shanahan was able to create large running lanes for his two RBs as well as very easy pitch-and-catch situations coming off the run fake.

------------------------

And dont think the Titans (and Mariota's running ability) is not going to button-mash that this week.

Kyle Shanahan and the Atlanta Falcons’ offense had the Raiders’ defense well-scouted and developed a great gameplan to take advantage of some inherent weaknesses in the way the front line played the run.

On the flip side, the Raiders’ coaching staff saw these same deficiencies on display in the Pre-season (notably Green Bay and Tennessee) and had not addressed those issues until they were exposed this past week.

The Defense prepared for a Falcons’ offense that was not on the field. Whatever they were working against in practice and whatever reflexes they were honing and whatever reads they were perfecting in the film room were all nullified by Atlanta’s new approach.

For a young defense, in-game adjustments can be very difficult. The scheme has been in place for a little over one year and so there is very little to fall back on. Many of the players are young and they have little experience to rely upon. The Defensive coordinator is in his 2nd year running things and the game may still be running a little fast for him, particularly when the opponent has unveiled a new offense and are using quick tempo No Huddle attack.

Raiders defenders were very aggressive at attacking and closing on the play-side. Backside defenders were out of sync with each other. Inside LBs were jumping first read and taking themselves out of the play. This debacle forces the Defensive Staff to address these points, especially with Tennessee’s "Exotic Smashmouth" offense which has many of these same principles.

Expect that practice is going to emphasize the correct eyelines, the correct assignments, and to work against these offensive plays so that each defender is playing the play as it should be. That’s an expected adjustment for the Week 3 Game Prep. Get them trained up and work out those mistakes. Perhaps the familiarity against Tennessee will help, but there’s also a chance that Mike Mularkey will use an offensive scheme that is substantially different from the previous one.

Ken Norton was outmaneuvered by Kyle Shanahan; he cannot allow that to happen two weeks in a row.

Sort your D out pls.
How about this for irony and frustration....

In the game versus Titans, the D is miraculously fixed (or just dramatically improved) that we hold the Titans to about 50 yards rushing, 200 yards passing, we sack Mariota half a dozen times...all sweet, except.....suddenly Carr throws 4 interceptions that cost us the game.

I think when you have to resort to a blogger like Cian Fahey to 'prove' that there's problems with Carr, that you're significantly over exaggerating the problems. Simply put, go back through any QB from last week and you'll see as many errors from every QB as Carr did last week.

As for the D, I stopped watching that video when the moron claimed Mack has one pass rush move, because he has quite an assortment.

Every team would like a Ray Lewis type lber in the middle of the D. Right now in the NFL there's Luke Kuechly and who else? I can't think of many!

Gypsy Safety's analysis really is spot on. The errors are fixable. Continuity as the season goes forward is going to be key. Last year we couldn't stop anyone the first two weeks of the season as well and things got better, so I'm hoping for the same this year.

I disagree with your assertion that our coaching staff isn't experienced enough though. Plenty of enough experience, and you sure as hell don't need to be a player in the league to be a good coach. Some of the greatest coaches of all time (Lombardi, Belichick, Madden) never played the game at the pro level.

Give this unit time to turn around. I'm not expecting an elite D overnight, but I'm expecting improvement tomorrow for sure.

How about this for irony and frustration....

In the game versus Titans, the D is miraculously fixed (or just dramatically improved) that we hold the Titans to about 50 yards rushing, 200 yards passing, we sack Mariota half a dozen times...all sweet, except.....suddenly Carr throws 4 interceptions that cost us the game.

Haha, Murphy's law

Remove this Banner Ad

Back