Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Tom Pelissero of USA TODAY Sports, Patterson's contract pays out $5.25 million this year and is voidable after the 2017 season.

Cordarrelle Patterson's deal with #Raiders includes $5.25 million in Year 1 with $5M guaranteed, source said. Year 2 can void w/ performance

Patterson's deal can be voided if he's on the field for 65% or more offensive snaps, OR he makes 65 receptions.

I'd be surprised if he reaches either of those KPIs but you never know.

As for Brown and Cook, I won't be surprised one bit if we sign both. Reggie is an elite closer. Once they arrive at Raiders HQ, it's very rare for them to leave without a deal in place.

Free agent NT Dontari Poe left his Dolphins visit without a deal.

Poe and his agent very clearly overestimated his market worth. He has visited the Fins, Falcons, and Colts, and is expected to meet with the Raiders next. Poe has reportedly settled on asking for one-year offers in an effort to parlay a prove-it season into a bigger contract next offseason.
Related: Dolphins, Raiders

Source: Palm Beach Post
Mar 15 - 8:24 PM

Poe doesn't have a visit scheduled with the Raiders yet. I expect news to come out regarding Brown and Cook before we hear anything on Poe. Teams are leery of Poe's back, he's only seeking a 1 year deal.

Not sure what to make of that, but he has obviously left without signing so....... :(

Also, dont mind the Jared Cook signing as long as we didn't give up too much space to add to the defence, although there's not that much left in the positions we need. Carr seems to be really excited about having a TE with good hands he can throw to and he's an upgrade on Rivera.

Still got a few holes to fill though.

A source of mine spoke to Brown's agent yesterday and the agent said that all systems were go, it was pretty much a done deal regarding Brown. The only thing that makes sense was that another team has made an offer considerably higher than Oakland and as a result he's walked out the door.

Disappointing really because ILB is such a big need.

Cook is a solid signing though. Another toy for Carr.

A source of mine spoke to Brown's agent yesterday and the agent said that all systems were go, it was pretty much a done deal regarding Brown. The only thing that makes sense was that another team has made an offer considerably higher than Oakland and as a result he's walked out the door.

Disappointing really because ILB is such a big need.

Cook is a solid signing though. Another toy for Carr.
Well, that sucks. Although if he is all about the money (ie if he goes to the Browns or something), then is probably better off not being here. Is still a big need though. Do you reckon we re-sign Riley?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that sucks. Although if he is all about the money (ie if he goes to the Browns or something), then is probably better off not being here. Is still a big need though. Do you reckon we re-sign Riley?

Riley will go to the highest bidder so I've been told. That being said, we want to keep him.

In all honesty I think Manuel is just a camp arm, someone to push cook.

This is one of the few times you and I will agree completely, ha.

So apparently there is talk/rumours going around that we are 'strongly' looking into bringing Beast Mode out of retirement?? I think we would have to trade for him from Seattle as he is still technically theirs or something?

Surely not? I don't know what to think about this. Depends on the price tag I guess.

Last edited:
So apparently there is talk/rumours going around that we are 'strongly' looking into bringing Beast Mode out of retirement?? I think we would have to trade for him from Seattle as he is still technically theirs or something?

Surely not? I don't know what to think about that!
Hes probably out of shape, or not as efficient as his last playing year was.

53f34ab3d49dd622aaa21e58495b46088731395fd244eddc0b91bb11167f52fa.jpg

If we can't convince Brown to sign, next best FA ILBs are Kevin Minter and Sean Spence.

But, here's an idea....Stephone Anthony

Was drafted by the Saints in 2015 in the first round, had a ton of tackles, then last year was in the doghouse and played hardly any snaps. He's still young and was clearly a 1st round talent that for some unknown reason fell out of favor in his second season.

Could get him for a conditional late round pick

We need a RB who can get the tough yard. We don't need a burner workhorse guy who will be expected to carry it 20+ times a game. Lynch is absolutely perfect for this offense. He's a beast running out of the shotgun (4.9 ypc), is perfectly adept at getting the tough yards on 2nd and 3rd and short. He's also a brilliant redzone back.

My biggest knock on Peterson wasn't so much his age but the fact he's been injured for 2 of the past 3 years and is not a good shotgun runner to fit our scheme. Lynch's talents fit our scheme perfectly. Plus, Lynch has a lot less mileage than AP. Plus with a year off to refresh, he will not be your typical 31 year old RB.

If I'm Reggie I'm trading a conditional 7th rounder to the Hawks and not thinking twice about it.

Loving the idea.

But still reaaly want some D players or we are gonna have to score 40 pts a game.

We'll get some players on D. Still a long way in free agency to go. Plenty of value still going round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back