Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

So we need a LB who can stay out there for 3 downs or another safety- weak safety- hybrid or whatever it is they want to call it.

We'll find that LBer eventually. I actually think our LBer group has been pretty decent this year. The secondary has been where we've been completely let down (with the exception of Carrie and Joseph).

Corey James turning out to be a find.

He's a decent player for sure. I also think that Marquel Lee has been solid. Overall, LBer to me isn't the real issue on the team, it's the secondary. With the exception of Karl Joseph, they've got no one.

If you are looking for a flight to US United are selling return tickets SIN-LAX for USD390. New terminal open at Changi.

Very nice. Best deal I've ever gotten to USA return was about 1200 AUD which was around November/December.

Got a round the world ticket travelling in December and Jan coming up flying Virgin business class for 3k though, doubt I'll ever be able to top that.

I watched a replay of the bills game. I don't know how much of that dismal effort you can blame on the weather.
Could be our last chance for playoffs next week in maybe sunny Miami.

It had nothing to do with the weather. The offense in terms of a schematic point of view, is cooked. Way to easy to diagnose the plays as a fan. Under Musgrave, we were the most diverse offense in the league. Under Downing, we're the least diverse offense in the league.

The bleeding needs to stop ASAP otherwise it's conceivable that Downing is unemployed come the bye week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy's probably better than Carr too
-----
Everyone is better than a qb that sees ghosts. If it's temporary because of injuries, or whatever, than awesome. But if it doesn't stop, we've got a $125 million dollar turd on our hands. And before everyone jumps all over this, it's not about arm talent. He's got that. But he's having hallucinations behind the line, and that's VERY concerning for a "franchise" QB. Not sure I've ever seen a QB come back from that.
-----
Like I said in the off-season, and even just before that, but everyone jumped down my throat. He's definitely gone all "David Carr"

First, someone has to re-set the clock in Carr's head. Has to scan the whole field.
-----
He wasn't particularly good at that prior.
-----
He has to progress. He's still young. There's always something to learn and work on.
-----
TBH, IMO, I think he's reached his ceiling last year.

I don't think so. Take Brady, he still works on his footwork all the time.
-----
But Brady hit the Super Bowl caliber ceiling early and has maintained that level, a consistency of that standard of play. He might work on various aspects of his technique, mechanics, etc, but his level of play has ALWAYS been at that upper echelon from the get-go.

Carr is wildly inconsistent, not just stats, but the actual play on the field, being a boss on the field, seeing the whole field, etc. He cannot maintain a consistency that he should have by now in his fourth season.

I don't think so. Take Brady, he still works on his footwork all the time.
-----
But Brady hit the Super Bowl caliber ceiling early and has maintained that level, a consistency of that standard of play. He might work on various aspects of his technique, mechanics, etc, but his level of play has ALWAYS been at that upper echelon from the get-go.

Carr is wildly inconsistent, not just stats, but the actual play on the field, being a boss on the field, seeing the whole field, etc. He cannot maintain a consistency that he should have by now in his fourth season.
Again, coaching. I'd bring in Jim Fassel to work with him.
-----
That's about all one can do right now. Get some new coaches around him -- HC/OC/QB.
-----
Not even sure HC. But OC & QB for sure.
-----
Look at the wonders Sean McVay (the HC) has done with Goff this year. There's an OC and a QB coach, and they're contributing, but clearly the teaching is starting with McVay, passing down the lessons to the OC and QB coach, what he wants from Goff.....and, much was made of McVay and Goff having a closer relationship thru the off-season.

JDR is more of a hands-off HC. As opposed to McVay who's more hands-on.

i'm thinking Carr is delivering the ball too soon...
he's reacting to the defense he sees prior to the snap...
and he isn't going through his progression...
he throws the ball into double coverage more often than he should...
maybe he's trying to help his linemen out...
i don't know...
but having the fastest delivery in the NFL means nothing if you can't complete the pass...

watching pass after pass going to the flat... with a defender standing just yards away ready to lay the wood...
seriously, the game became almost unwatchable...
i think Carr is hurt... and he has been told to get rid of the ball before he gets laid out...

i think EJ needs to play until Carr gets better...
this season is done...

we need a new LT... we need to keep Richard and move Washington out...
we need to stop drafting walking wounded and players with character issues... (yeah, i'm talking about you, Conley)

we need to have another look at whether Del Rio and his DC and OC need to move on...
i think the coaching staff situation is a bit bizarre... Norton needs to go... soon...
the new OC probably needs to go...

Reggie needs to take a serious look at our "all pro" o-line and figure out what needs to be done...
we need a whole new secondary...
i need to stop typing...

we need someone in the middle of our D-line that can get it done...

The bye is next week, and we will be coming off a primetime game. Primetime games always highlight issues in your team, simply because more people are watching leading to greater media coverage. So if the offense sputters again, it really won't surprise me to see Jack fire Downing.

Carr's career YPA:
2014 - 5.46 YPA 33rd in NFL
2015 - 6.96 YPA 26th in NFL
2016 - 7.03 YPA 18th in NFL
2017 - 6.89 YPA 22nd in NFL
He is a dink and dunk QB. No way around it

Carr is a rhythm QB and thus will always be much more reliant on an elite OC more than other NFL QB's.
He is limited.

Or maybe just maybe Reggie McKenzie is not capable of putting together a division winning roster and coaching staff.
6 years is a pretty decent sample size.

We are better then we were in 2012. But that isn't the goal. The goal is to be better then the Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos. Reggie year in and year out fails at this.

Is Joey Bosa better then Mack? Keep in mind that Bosa right now is the age Mack was before his senior season started in college. Mack is 26 (turns 27 in a few months) with 35 career sacks. Bosa might have 75 by the time he is 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Back