Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

We can't even tank properly.

Would you rather repeat performances like what we saw against the 49ers?

The young players were the reason this team won. In 2014 they were 0-10 and then the young guys started to figure it out and go 3-3 the rest of the way. It springboarded them into 2015 and really set the team up for a playoff run in 2016.

There's no reason why we can't see a similar fate this year.

^

Maurice Hurst logged his fourth sack of the season . As far as sacks go in the NFL, they don’t come much easier than this. The Cardinals miscommunicate on their protection call this play and allow Hurst to rush untouched toward their Quarterback. Hurst has already matched Khalil Mack’s rookie sack total and there are still 7 games left to play.

Hurst has already matched Khalil Mack’s rookie sack total and there are still 7 games left to play.

The right side of the Raiders line came to play. They were routinely opening up holes for whomever was running behind them as well as offering stellar protection in the pass game. Carr was sacked four times in the game, but none were the fault of these three. That’s a credit especially to rookie right tackle Brandon Parker. They also were major factors in the Raiders running for 152 yards and 4.6 yards per carry as a team.

The left side is down a bit as both KO and Miller are struggling with knee injuries. However it has to be worth keeping this group together. Just got to find some better backups.

Speaking of backups Jacquies Smith looked ok.

We can't even tank properly.

Nearing the end of what is a lost season for the 2-8 Oakland Raiders, there appears to be little for their fan base to look forward to, other than acquiring a high draft pick.

But Derek Carr has no interest in losing his way to a top-five selection.

"I just want to win. I want to mess up the draft. I don't want the first pick," Carr told reporters when asked what he wants his offense to accomplish over the final six weeks. "I want to win all these games. I want everybody to be mad at me for that. That's what I want to accomplish."

This organization is just plain stupid, has been doing stupid things for a long time now, unfortunately. A huge fall from grace. It used to be the trend-setter, the dominant force, unprecedented success due to very smart football decision-making, pro-scouting, coaching. But it's been a basket-case since the early 2000's, and it hasn't gotten better really even under new regimes like Reggie's, and then Gruden's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Cowboys pick is looking like mid-to-late 20s too.

So stupid....trading Mack and Cooper, whilst keeping Carr.

Cooper for a 1st was a good trade for the Raiders. The Mack trade I understand their reasoning. Whether i agree with it is another matter.

Carr is gone next year most likely. I'd put it at 85%.

From John Breech cbssports

So not only did Jon Gruden trade away the Raiders' best defensive player, but he also might not have even taken the best offer on the table!

Although Lynch didn't give the exact details of his 49ers offer, he definitely still seemed a little miffed that the Raiders didn't make the trade with San Francisco. It's possible the 49ers offered two first-rounders and a second-rounder, which would have topped the Bears' offer. It's also possible that 49ers were willing to throw in a player on top of their draft picks.

So why would Gruden and the Raiders have passed up a potentially better offer from San Francisco?

For one, it's possible the Raiders believed the Bears' first-round picks would be "worth" more because they were supposed to be worse than the 49ers this year. With Jimmy Garoppolo under center, the 49ers were widely viewed as a potential playoff contender, while the Bears were picked by most people to finish in third or fourth place.

Lynch also has his own theory on why the Raiders didn't take San Francisco's offer: It would have kept Mack in the Bay Area ,and the Raiders didn't want that.

Definitely tanking now. Signed Chaz Green.

Getting prepared for DC after Green gets out there.

paramedics-plus.jpg

As Cowboys and Bears keep winning, Raiders’ draft picks get worse
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 30, 2018, 9:02 AM EST

ap_18329770337629-e1543586339343.jpg

AP

When the Raiders got the Bears’ first-round draft pick in the Khalil Mack trade before the season, the Vegas odds had the Bears pegged as a 6-10 team. When the Raiders got the Cowboys’ first-round draft pick in the Amari Cooper trade in October, Dallas had a losing record and was a game and a half out of first place in the NFC East. At the time they made those trades, the Raiders thought they were getting two high first-round picks.

It’s not working out that way.

The Cowboys and Bears are now clear favorites to win their divisions, which would put both of their first-round draft picks outside the Top 20. A division winner’s first-round draft pick can be no higher than No. 21 overall, and in the worst-case scenario for the Raiders (and best-case scenario for the Cowboys and Bears), those picks could be as low as No. 30 and No. 32 overall.

If the Raiders had realized how good the Cowboys and Bears would be, would they still have made those trades? In the case of Cooper, they still might have: It was clear that Raiders coach Jon Gruden didn’t think Cooper was going to be a big part of his offense in the long run, and getting a first-round pick for him might have been worth it to Gruden even if that pick turns out to be No. 32 overall.

In the case of Mack, however, Gruden is probably kicking himself. The 49ers have said they made just as aggressive an offer for Mack as the Bears did, but the Raiders went with the Bears. At the time, that was reasonable: Most people thought the 49ers would be a better team than the Bears, so the 49ers’ first-round pick would be worse than the Bears’ first-round pick.

That’s not how it turned out. The 49ers are still in contention for the first overall pick, and the Bears are still in contention for the 32nd overall pick. Going with the Bears over the 49ers looks, in hindsight, like a huge mistake.

And that’s part of the risk of trading for a future first-round draft pick: The compensation might not turn out to be as good as you think it will be. The Raiders are finding that out the hard way.

There is one piece of good news for Gruden: His own team stinks. He could get the first overall pick in the draft that way, and then two late first-round picks from the Cowboys and Bears.

This is about as hopeless as I ever felt about this team. We have depleted rosters and relying on a unproven GM/Coach to rebuild correctly. Draft will be fun but then the season will begin and reality will set back in.

--------

i have a feeling 2019 will be even worse than 2018

--------

Me too but at least that will set us up for a very talented QB in 2020. Problem is, I would not be surprised if Gruden F that up.

--------

Our only hope as fans is if Mark Davis grew a pair, and fired Gruden asap. Hopefully before those 2019 draft picks are used.

--------

Davis has made a monumental career error. He not only hired Gruden but trusted him so much he gave him 10 years and practically full control.

Disney killed Star Wars for the fans.
Roger killed the NFL for the fans.
Gruden is killing the Raiders in turn.

It's kinda like that....the glory days of the Raiders = the glory years of Star Wars. Now it's been turned into a farce, shell of itself, enthusiasm to watch them (SW and Raiders games) dissipating. Gonna keep getting harder and harder to watch. Like those many years Browns fans suffered thru the longer Mark and Jon are the main men.

People say the love the Raiders. Sure, we all do. The "Raiders"....that's what we love, the idea of it, the memories of it, the old days, mystique.

But NONE of you loves watching the Raiders. There is zero enjoyment, entertainment, fun, even intrigue, watching this Gruden season. Nor the other woeful seasons under Reggie, nor the majority of years after 2002.

There is no love there for what we are seeing on the field and front office.

That’s true about this year and last. I enjoyed 2014-2016 very much. I don’t need to win everything every year to enjoy it. Growing and building and competing is good enough for me.

--------

Exactly, it's not about winning all the time, but fielding a competent team, coaches, making good front office decisions, exciting draft picks, being a genuine contender for the playoffs, the team showing spirit and skill on the field at all times.

But far too often in the last 16 years especially, this org (and team) has been a farce. Wretched to watch. Everyone laughing at us for the wretched moves we make, unable to hire good coaches, etc etc.

too many fans then take the moral high ground, posturing and telling others they're not fans, etc. but they're missing the point.

simply....are you going to the games or watching them, in full, glued, week in and week out, happy, waving your little flag about, all excited and entertained at the product on the field?

no you are not. you turn off the game seeing a spiritless talentless team that is frustrating and annoying in all three phases of the game, that is clueless at the coaching level and in the front office.

not just this year, but for many of those years post-2002, those trainwreck seasons.

it's not about winning, it's about being a competent team, coaching staff, front office. being a contender for the playoffs thru much of the season, whether the team falls short in the end or makes it, you enjoyed the ride, it was fun to watch the struggle, the highs and lows of a competent team.

instead, this org has been a laughing stock for 16 years...so many horrific decisions made by geriatric Al, so many coaches and players unwilling to come here or put in the effort to play here, using us for the big paycheck, trying to get the hell out of here for the dysfunction and stupidity that was running right thruout it.

you are not, and you were not, enjoying and loving that s**t-show for all those years.

and....the point is.....those responsible for that ought to be removed.....gruden, reggie, mark....in current times.

peel back everything i've been babbling on about so far.....all im saying is......gruden sucks, i knew it, many knew it, hes proven it, and things are only going to get worse the longer he is here, not better. there's no guarantee our start in Vegas is going to be a super good team just because we're moving to LV.

that has no bearing on anything. not like all the owners are going to conspire to ensure the raiders are good.

maybe when we have another bad year next year, and look back on more gruden trades and draft picks that more and more people start realizing gruden sucks and raising pitchforks wanting him ousted.

you'll be like 4 years behind where people like me were. here you are today attacking GG over it, when in 2-4 years you'll be patting yourselves on the back for realizing it when you do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back