Tyrell WilliamsWRMon, Sep 16HipQuestionable for Week 3 at Minnesota
Josh JacobsRBMon, Sep 16GroinQuestionable for Week 3 at Minnesota
J.J. NelsonWRMon, Sep 16AnkleQuestionable for Week 3 at Minnesota
Corey LiugetDTMon, Sep 16KneeQuestionable for Week 3 at Minnesota
Gabe JacksonGMon, Sep 16Knee - MCLOut for Week 3 at Minnesota
Sunday, September 15, 2019
PLAYERPOSITIONUPDATEDINJURYINJURY STATUS
Trent BrownTSun, Sep 15KneeQuestionable for Week 3 at Minnesota

Williams played despite an illness last game. Thin at WR.

Raiders have offered a 1st round pick and Gareon Conley for Jalen Ramsey per multiple people I've spoken to in the last few hours.

Unconfirmed through two people, but one source believes Jax are leaning toward taking this deal.

We've traded a sixth rounder to the Packers for Trevor Davis (WR), he's been mainly used as a return man. But gives us a little bit of depth at WR.

Indicates Harris is likely headed to IR

Upon reviewing the film Monday, slot cornerback Lamarcus Joyner, one of the Raiders’captains, said the second-quarter breakdowns stemmed from easily correctable errors.
“If you go turn on the film and you show me a play where they just physically dominated us to score a touchdown, or just beat us single-handedly, then hat’s off to them,” Joyner said. But he said that’s not what happened against the Chiefs.

Joyner said miscommunication and technical errors were to blame. Those are “easy fixes,” Joyner said, that can be corrected in practice.
Joyner said he felt the Raiders were able to match the speed of the Chiefs throughout the game in man coverage situations. According to Joyner, Kansas City just took advantage of the Raiders playing zone coverages in certain situations.
“That’s just something we have to get better at,” Joyner said.

Gruden appeared to see Sunday’s contest in much the same way, saying the Raiders did a lot of good things, but also had costly breakdowns.
“Collectively, I thought the effort was good,” Gruden said. “We just can’t make mistakes.”

the Raiders displayed encouraging defensive elements on Sunday. They held the Chiefs to just 32 yards rushing on 22 carries —holding them to an average of 1.5 yards per attempt. Whether it was starting running back Damien Williams or LeSean McCoy, the Chiefs couldn’t get anything going on the ground. After two weeks, the Raiders rank No. 5 in the league in rushing defense.
Joyner said given the talent the Raiders have on their defensive line and at linebacker, he’s not surprised by the club’s success in stopping the run.
“Now we know as a secondary we just have to master our techniques and fundamentals in practice, knowing that we can hang our hats on the defensive line, linebackers stopping the run,” Joyner said. “Now the games are going to be on us.”

Our rush defense is very solid (small sample size), to get Ramsey for the right deal should see our D be solid against the run and the pass. This will keep us in more games than not.

Pity Johnathan 'Sal-mon' Abram is out for the year.

Looking ahead to the off season, if we can obtain a top quality WR, we won't be too far off actually competing with the top teams. Long way to go but the signs of a return to greatness are starting to emerge.

Our rush defense is very solid (small sample size), to get Ramsey for the right deal should see our D be solid against the run and the pass. This will keep us in more games than not.

Pity Johnathan 'Sal-mon' Abram is out for the year.

Looking ahead to the off season, if we can obtain a top quality WR, we won't be too far off actually competing with the top teams. Long way to go but the signs of a return to greatness are starting to emerge.

As I posted to manureid last week, go get Corey Davis for complete unders, the Titans and Mariota yet again proving how useless they are not being able to get him involved tonight. I'm convinced he's so much better than his career stats indicate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. As a redshirt freshman, Dakota Allen was the Red Raiders' second-leading tackler with 87 stops. After the end of the season, he was charged with second-degree burglary along with two teammates and ultimately expelled from Texas Tech. All charges were eventually dropped against Allen after agreeing to enter a pre-trial diversionary program.
Following his dismissal, he transferred to East Mississippi Community College, where he was featured in the second season of the Netflix documentary series Last Chance U.

Dakota Fanning would be an upgrade atm.

We could have two rookie LBs with no experience starting

Many questioned the Raiders final 53-man roster having just four linebackers on it. With the re-signing of Kyle Wilber, that number was back to five. That is still not a lot of linebackers and Sunday it bit the Raiders in the butt.
Vontaze Burfict came into the game with nagging injuries to his shoulder and his knee. Then he suffered another injury to his elbow in the game, so he’s banged up to say the least. During the game, Maquel Lee suffered an ankle injury that could be more than just banged up. Nicholas Morrow also hurt his ankle. And suddenly the only two healthy linebackers the Raiders had were Tahir Whitehead and Kyle Wilber. It’s really no wonder the Vikings were gouging the Raiders defense on the ground the whole game.
“Yeah, you get worried when you have three of your linebacker come out of the game,” Gruden said. “Yeah, I’m concerned to say the least, but Mike Mayock and the staff are working hard to come up a contingency plan if we need to find a linebacker.”
The first step in that contingency plan will be bringing in some free agent linebackers for a workout, Gruden added. He noted that there is still a chance a couple of the banged up linebackers on the team will be able to play next Sunday in Indianapolis

Last edited:
For those that watched LCU, Dakota Allen quickly become a fave. Got kicked out of Texas Tech, fought his way back and made it back on the team (this does not usually happen).

I'm happy he's a Raider, made a bad choice but comes across as high character.

For those that watched LCU, Dakota Allen quickly become a fave. Got kicked out of Texas Tech, fought his way back and made it back on the team (this does not usually happen).

I'm happy he's a Raider, made a bad choice but comes across as high character.

He certainly looked out of place on Last Chance U and that should be considered a good thing.

I'm more interested in what the corresponding moves are going to be. Promoting Justin Phillips off the practice squad too. So we have to get rid of 2 players. I reckon Gucci man could be headed to IR. Wouldn't be shocked if Liuget is released. Another possibility is that one of the players in the secondary is released. A sheer guess would be Leavitt or Riley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back